Live Stoners Have you ever over dried your weed?

Keep in mind that over dry buds still have the same cannabinoids and THC. And these are more concentrated, with less water content.

Overly dry buds may look ugly, have an unattractive smell, etc. and may not smoke nice, but could vape well(?) and certainly are good for making concentrates and edibles.

In many respects, rapid over drying is similar to fresh freezing buds, with cellular/living, enzymatic, etc. activity rapidly ending after harvest and contents being locked inn, not changing. With drying as with freezing, the objectionable cellular and organic debris, chlorophyll, proteins, etc. are not going to break down (no curing happening) without suitable environment and moisture to support microbial and enzymatic activity.

Maintaining the moisture in cannabis can be surprisingly challenging. In my efforts, I often ended up with cannabis that was overly moist, leading to mould issues similar to the problems you've encountered. It's a letdown to devote so much care to growing it only to have the curing process undermine it all.

That's why I started buying my weed from a dispensary instead. It's just more accessible because they always dry it the right way. I go to a dispensary located in Los Angeles whose phone number is +13232598933. The weed I get from them is always just right, never too dry.

I don’t think using a humidity pack will help this. When I say it’s over-dry, I mean the plant material has lost too much water. I don’t think it will help my buds now. Despite the over dry and losing more weight than I should have, jammy dodgers has produced 10oz in the bags that I have checked. There is more of her and I smoked around a half oz. I reckon she yielded me around 11oz. My biggest yield yet. She’d have been heavier if I didn’t fuck up the dry. The buds became loose and Larfy like from over drying. Once I noticed it was over dry, I immediately added a piece of orange peel into a closed container in hopes the buds would bounce up a little bit, but no joy. This is the same kinda thing as a humidity back. THey came so brittle that it became really tough to trim them. I like my buds trimmed right but after this dry it’s impossible because of the lack of water inside the buds. You may be able to see how dry I’m talking here with the photos below.

View attachment 1576997

View attachment 1576998View attachment 1576999
This is exactly what humidity packs are for though? Either that or an orange peel will remoisten the buds evenly in a sealed container or grove bag. Keep a humidity guage in there so they dont get too moist.

Back