Kazman420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mephisto Forum Stomper
Hey AFN,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

About 10 years ago I had my first grow attempt. I failed miserably. Shortly thereafter I quit smoking weed entirely. Fast-forward a decade and my state has finally legalized for recreational use. Suffice to say I've had the itch to start smoking again and I'd like to grow it properly this time. I've been browsing for a while gathering as much information as possible.

In an effort to save a little bit of cash, I decided to use the Ballast/Reflector that I already had. It's a Lumatek 400w digital ballast and a Sun System reflector, and I bought new bulbs. (Vivosun 400w MH and Vivosun 400w HPS). I'll look into LED's down the road, but for now this should be sufficient for a plant or two. Leaning towards 20/4 start to finish since they will be auto's.

I decided on Coco/Perlite (70/30) as my medium. I'll be using GH Flora Series and I bought a bottle of CalMag (just in case). My tap water is absolute shit so I'll be going with Distilled. I made sure to buy a half decent pH meter and EC/TDS meter.

For seeds I went with Mephisto; Skywalker and Forum Stomper.

I'm at the point where I believe I know enough to give this a shot. I'm still debating between using all 3 of the Flora Series or going with the modified Lucas method which uses only Micro/Bloom. Either way the important thing is going to be getting this first grow underway and getting some experience. Of course it would be nice to get some smokeable bud from this attempt. I want the first weed I smoke in over a decade to be something I grew myself!

Last edited:
It will be a long 3 months! Remember, practice makes perfect so do your best and learn from any mistakes. We all seem to want the perfect grow but sometimes shit happens.
How about growing two or three plants and using various combinations of nutes, light cycles, etc. to see which works best?

Welcome to the forums and back to growing. :welcome:
Like you I hadn't grown in a long time and learned so much here my first grow here was a fair success in which I learned more and honed skills..2nd was even better.....Start a thread, document it and have fun with it.

Hello dude and Welcome to AFN :welcome:...and you should find everything you need here, to get you through your first grow....good choice on the Genetics btw....Mephisto rock!...:pass:

Hey AFN,

About 10 years ago I had my first grow attempt. I failed miserably. Shortly thereafter I quit smoking weed entirely. Fast-forward a decade and my state has finally legalized for recreational use. Suffice to say I've had the itch to start smoking again and I'd like to grow it properly this time. I've been browsing for a while gathering as much information as possible.

In an effort to save a little bit of cash, I decided to use the Ballast/Reflector that I already had. It's a Lumatek 400w digital ballast and a Sun System reflector, and I bought new bulbs. (Vivosun 400w MH and Vivosun 400w HPS). I'll look into LED's down the road, but for now this should be sufficient for a plant or two. Leaning towards 20/4 start to finish since they will be auto's.

I decided on Coco/Perlite (70/30) as my medium. I'll be using GH Flora Series and I bought a bottle of CalMag (just in case). My tap water is absolute shit so I'll be going with Distilled. I made sure to buy a half decent pH meter and EC/TDS meter.

I'm at the point where I believe I know enough to give this a shot. I'm still debating between using all 3 of the Flora Series or going with the modified Lucas method which uses only Micro/Bloom. Either way the important thing is going to be getting this first grow underway and getting some experience. Of course it would be nice to get some smokeable bud from this attempt. I want the first weed I smoke in over a decade to be something I grew myself!

That sounds like a decent setup man, there's no reason why you cannot grow some banging bud with that lot:

Lights = good, medium = good, nutes = good, seeds = very good. Correct forum for the job = check.

Get those seeds cracked & get a grow thread up & tag some peeps in to keep an eye on you.

:welcome: to AFN!

If you happen to be talking about Virginia - I'm in the same situation!

Sounds like you already have a plan - can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Hey AFN,

Welcome to AFN :toke: :welcome::cheers::pass::pighug:
Waving our hand at you from Michigan.:bump::baked:

Hey AFN,

heya @Kazman420 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: best canna site on the web here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

Welcome to AFN. Good to meet you. You are in luck, this place is the best thing that ever happened to my plants!! Great people, solid advice and some fun chat.
Tag me when you start and I will come along for the adventure. :pass:
Good luck,
EP3

Back