Help me improve my organic soil mix for autos

IndoorTropics

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I will transplant the autos into this after about 7-10 days from sprout. Used this mix below before with success and got a starting PH of just below 7. Looking to add mostly pure water like last time except for late in the flowering stage with some extra carbs and sugars.

Anything you might add or change?

50% Peat Moss ( low NPK)
30% Perlite
20% Worm Castings

per cuft or 7.5 gals:

Kelp Meal - 1/4 cup
Crab Meal - 1/4 cup
Neem Cake - 1/2 cup
Gypsum - 1/2 cup
Oyster Shell Flour - 1/2 cup
Basalt Rock Dust - 1/2 cup
Mycorrhiza

Seems light on N to me, but if it worked before, don’t mess with it.

Thanks. Yep, grew one Mephisto Double grape in there and had dark green healthy leaves all the way. Only fed it one time in flowering with biobizz and i slightly burnt it. Although it also got nowhere near enough light so prob would use more nutes next time.

Appreciate the input, im not advanced enough to recognize facts like you have now.

How many cups of kelp meal or crab meal would you max out at personally or do you recommend another raw material input to achieve this?

Thanks. Yep, grew one Mephisto Double grape in there and had dark green healthy leaves all the way. Only fed it one time in flowering with biobizz and i slightly burnt it. Although it also got nowhere near enough light so prob would use more nutes next time.

Appreciate the input, im not advanced enough to recognize facts like you have now.

How many cups of kelp meal or crab meal would you max out at personally or do you recommend another raw material input to achieve this?
I’d probably add at least a 1/2 cup of dried chicken or ground rabbit manure. Having said that, I like to top dress heavy & cover with compost. I find these plants will aggressively top feed & that makes life easier IMHO. I’m pretty new to all of this & am trying to find the N sweet spot as well. If what you’re doing works, don’t listen to me.

Back