How the hell do you all get plants so big?

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th soil grow and I'm still learning tons. The biggest plant Ive ever grown was maaaaaybe 2.5oz at the most and I see people here getting that without breaking a sweat. I've been within VPD ranges and I feel l've finally got my soil nutrition figured out and really only have to drop dress once from start to finish. I've been using microbes (recharge and great white) to help with root growth. I've started to use Yucca Powder to help ensure I get my 5gal pots evenly wet and also bottom feed help ensure no dry spots. For LST I tie down the main stalk maybe once and adjust while also lowering the satellite branches - haven't ventured into the topping area yet and don't really want to honestly. Tent may have gotten a little more hot than I liked a few times (low 90F) but its hard to control in summer. I've been thinking about making the switch to coco in case I've been over watering and it would be more airy. Im using SF2000 in a 4x4 and realize I could use more light but that would only add to the heat at the moment. Has anyone made the jump from soil to coco and noticed any difference in their crop? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello i started in soil for my first couple of grows and i had trouble with over watering and under feeding a lot with small harvest
IMG_20200919_124556.jpg

then i switched to coco no more over watering or under feeding and my plants grow so much bigger
.jpg

i think soil is more of a art and takes a few good years to understand how it works. when growing in coco it's more like F1 you try to push to the limit the choice is for you to make on which is better for you soil or coco if you fck up you will end up with small harvest with both my advice is stick to one dont chop and change and read and read some more about it and not every grow turns into monster girls as some are just small
Happy growing

I’m a soil farmer. Do pretty well with it. Never used coco so cannot answer to that. Sounds like you are doing all the right stuff although I didn’t hear you mention Ph. If Ph is under control, environment is next, then light. More light (within reason) more growth. Three inputs food, water, light. The amount of light will govern the other two. Cannabis can take a lot of light so as a general rule more light will increase yield.
A quantum meter to measure PPFD and calculate DLI will show you where you are with that.

ph is a biggie as wwwillie said, I did ok just using a pool ph kit at first if you don't have a pen. If you switch to coco be prepared for a LOT of watering, not sure what type of 5 gal pot you are using but if it's plastic try switching to a fabric/smart pot. Lot harder to over water and even then more watering is needed as they dry out quicker.

I just finished my first grow and despite having plenty of problems, I had two plants yield 3.2 and 4.1 ounces (though that includes larf/trim). I attribute it mostly to two things:

1. My Mars Hydro SP3000 in a 2X4. It's a ton of light for the space. The girls had all they could take at all times.
  2. Fastbuds Northern Lights seeds. I'm convinced that a grower who knows what they're doing could pull a half pound or more from these seeds without much trouble. Awesome high too, IMO, so maybe consider them for a future grow.
I don't attribute this yield to:
  1. Any kind of skill. :muahaha:

I just finished my first grow and despite having plenty of problems, I had two plants yield 3.2 and 4.1 ounces (though that includes larf/trim). I attribute it mostly to two things:

1. My Mars Hydro SP3000 in a 2X4. It's a ton of light for the space. The girls had all they could take at all times.
  2. Fastbuds Northern Lights seeds. I'm convinced that a grower who knows what they're doing could pull a half pound or more from these seeds without much trouble. Awesome high too, IMO, so maybe consider them for a future grow.
I don't attribute this yield to:
  1. Any kind of skill. :muahaha:
Well done!

I'll pass that compliment on to Mars-Hydro and Fastbuds LOL.

(Thanks!)

Back