I plan my first tent and coco in Spain, looking for advices!

Pie

New User
Reaction score
Hey!
It's great to see active forum community in 2022 2023! So good to be with you guys!
So I moved some time ago to Spain where I do have possibility to use 80x80cm tent. The idea is to plant 2-4 autos.

1) LED
I am on the budget, so at the beginning I was decided at 240W LED for 85E. I did not conciser light spreading, so maybe going with 4x65W boards for 83E? Or maybe do you know any other, recommended offer for this tent under 100E with shipping to Spain?

2) Amount of plants
Tent is not large, but you can train the plant. What's your experience here? If I do care about resin quality and flower amount should I go with 2 or 4 plants set?

3) Coco set and nutrition's in Spain
I did some research when comes to growing mediums and decided to go with coco/perlite (~50/50). I spend last couple days reading large wiki at https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/. I do still feel lost when comes to nutrition and Spanish market. Not sure, if I should go with any of the dedicated coco mixes like Top Coco A+B, or should I translate anyhow the tables form the website to the European products and try to mix. I really prefer being closer to the first approach. Or maybe do you know any other substrate that will remain stable and easy to work with?

4) How large pots for coco/perlite?
https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/ recommends 25-30l if possible, I get another another opinion to use 8-10l. I will be feeding them daily, so that's not my main concern. I want to go with fabric ones.

5) How to calculate amount of nutrition for single plant?
I have no idea, if 1l of each Top Coco A+B would allow me to grow 2 healthy autos or 10. How is your experience, how I can ensure about efficiency before choosing nutrition?

Last edited:
Hey!
It's great to see active forum community in 2022 2023! So good to be with you guys!
So I moved some time ago to Spain where I do have possibility to use 80x80cm tent. The idea is to plant 2-4 autos.

1) LED
I am on the budget, so at the beginning I was decided at 240W LED for 85E. I did not conciser light spreading, so maybe going with 4x65W boards for 83E? Or maybe do you know any other, recommended offer for this tent under 100E with shipping to Spain?

2) Amount of plants
Tent is not large, but you can train the plant. What's your experience here? If I do care about resin quality and flower amount should I go with 2 or 4 plants set?

I did some research when comes to growing mediums and decided to go with coco/perlite (~50/50). I spend last couple days reading large wiki at https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/. I do still feel lost when comes to nutrition and Spanish market. Not sure, if I should go with any of the dedicated coco mixes like Top Coco A+B, or should I translate anyhow the tables form the website to the European products and try to mix. I really prefer being closer to the first approach. Or maybe do you know any other substrate that will remain stable and easy to work with?

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/ recommends 25-30l if possible, I get another another opinion to use 8-10l. I will be feeding them daily, so that's not my main concern. I want to go with fabric ones.

I have no idea, if 1l of each Top Coco A+B would allow me to grow 2 healthy autos or 10. How is your experience, how I can ensure about efficiency before choosing nutrition?
It sounds like you have a good grasp

As far as help with coco, I can give none, but pot size depends on what you are growing more than which medium. Autos do well in 3-5 gallons or 11-18 liters. If your going photoperiod I would go 18 liters or more.

Reactions: Pie
Hey!

1) LED

2) Amount of plants

@Mossy might be the one to chime as she's in Spain so would know climate, laws etc.....

Can't help you there, I'm totally unofficial

I am not a coco guy. Dirt is my area of interest.. one big fat auto in tlo soil in an 80x80cm tent would be my preference.. in coco, you should fill that tent with one plant pretty easily if you have a good run! Following!
gl

@Pie what route did you go? what nutrients did you end up using?
Top Crop products are also easily found in my country (Colombia), and their base nute line is not bad in dirt/soil, but I havent tried the coco specific line.

Back