Ideal way of cooling down closet?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
I have a small closet and my kingbrite 240w led is running hot. I'm exhausting the air out but the temp range is still high. My led driver runs hot as fuck and I'm unsure how to cool it down without dimming it. The driver is a meanwell and i don't have an extension to store it out of the tent.

Does anyone know what these extensions are called for those lights? So i can source one somewhere. Kingbrite offered me one but I'd have to wait on it coming from chynahh which isn't ideal.

My setup is fairly shit because of the lack of space and i can't get a fan to blow onto the driver itself. I'd need a small fan with a massive power cable in order to hang it above the light and blow onto it. But tbh i don't think it will drop the temps too much.

My temps are around 26c to 30c tops. The other thing i can think of is switch my lights to turn on at night. But it is summer time here, and the temps will still be quite warm outside.

Is it a bad idea to change my light cycle right now? I have three plants in flower and dont want to stress them further by turning my lights off right now unless anyone has experience with changing light cycles on autos. I run 18/6 and the lights come on at 6am. So should i just change the cycle for them to turn off at 6am?

I don't have an AC unit and those things are quite costly..

Any help is appreciated

78(26) to 86(30) isn't all that bad, run my tent 75 to 88 with exhaust kicking in at 88. If you want to switch to on at night just have the dark period go longer to your desired on time. Shouldn't be much of a stressor on them.

78(26) to 86(30) isn't all that bad, run my tent 75 to 88 with exhaust kicking in at 88. If you want to switch to on at night just have the dark period go longer to your desired on time. Shouldn't be much of a stressor on them.

I've had two plants produce some airy buds. One is massive but not too airy. But im certain its my temps that are the problem. Im going to see if I can get more fans in. Its a struggle to fit three of my girls in there now with their size. My biggest is week 4 in flower so im hoping she finishes in the next week or two so i can free up some space.

Do you happen to know what those driver extension cords are called for the leds?

This way i can put the driver outside the tent

20210710_180520.jpg

He
I've had two plants produce some airy buds. One is massive but not too airy. But im certain its my temps that are the problem. Im going to see if I can get more fans in. Its a struggle to fit three of my girls in there now with their size. My biggest is week 4 in flower so im hoping she finishes in the next week or two so i can free up some space.

Do you happen to know what those driver extension cords are called for the leds?

View attachment 1341504
Hello do you mean this

This way i can put the driver oytside
He

Hello do you mean this

Yes. They use different pins and so on tho. But i managed to find one on fleabay after a good while. 3m is their longest for like $15. I'll buy one this week and see how it goes

Put a couple ice packs on a plate where there is some airflow over them? Swamp cooler style? Or if you don't want the moisture in the the air messing with your RH, could you put the ice pack in say a plastic container with a glass plate on top then set the driver on that? Cool the driver itself but without introducing anything to the environment?

EDIT: If you had changed your picture too i wouldn't know it was you!

Put a couple ice packs on a plate where there is some airflow over them? Swamp cooler style? Or if you don't want the moisture in the the air messing with your RH, could you put the ice pack in say a plastic container with a glass plate on top then set the driver on that? Cool the driver itself but without introducing anything to the environment?

EDIT: If you had changed your picture too i wouldn't know it was you!

Haha i know bro my bad! Had to change the username for my own reason. It wont happen again tho!

I think the container would melt sitting on top of the driver. It burns my hand just touching it.. i suppose i can try it but it will melt the ice really quickly then melt the container.

My humidity is at 66% already. Seems worse than ever trying to control this closet. My portable dehumidifier doesn't do shit with the RH. It fills the container with water but does not seem to drop the RH

View attachment 1341504
no idea myself, use 2 TS1000 and they do ok with driver on top.

I meant put the ice in a container and then a normal kitchen plate over that for the driver to sit on. That way the driver sits on a cool platform but doesn't touch anything besides the plate.

EDIT: might not last long but if it works for 4-5 hours during the hottest period...

I've managed to get the temp down a little by taking the driver off the led itself and mounting it to my wall inside the tent. It's not ideal, ideal would be removing it from the tent but by the time it takes to get my extension cable for that driver it will be next week. I am going to purchase a clip on fan and have it blow onto the led light itself and maybe it will cool things down a little until this harvest is finished. I've got it down from 26.3 to 25.8 so far. I don't know why manufacturers dont bother to cool these lights down with a few silent computer fans. It would surely help! The heat sinks on them just aren't big enough in my opinion

Back