Induction Heater

Drownomatic

Retired
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Panama
Picked this thing up off Etsy.

3 days from ordering till delivery, on the other coast.

Batteries not included, but I have a metric crap load of good 18650's from salvage.

M+

Appx 10 seconds for it to click, but my experiences have led me to go an extra 2 seconds. I have a heavyweight armored cap on order, and we'll see how that changes the routine.

This is super consistent, and none of the issues that using a torch brings: running out of butane, melted lighters, burns from touching hot lighters,etc.

It's just civilized. Not pocketable, but easily portable.

I've run at least 25 cycles, and haven't budged the battery indicator.

If someone has a FMJ, and can measure the OD I could tell if it would fit, but it looks like it would.

I feel like it needs a belt clip so you can just carry it on your utility belt like Batman.

IMG20230827112054.jpg

Can you provide more info.? What is the name of this product, or link to its site? Is it for dry herb and/or concentrates? I presume it's primarily a conduction vape, but what is heated by induction - the stem (bottom part in the heater) or a heat exchanger holding the stem? With that thin-looking stem, is it for single or multiple hits?

Other than no flame, what is the advantage of an induction heater (vs. say good-old nichrome wire or other resistance-based heating element)? Does it heat faster?

Last edited:
Can you provide more info.? What is the name of this product, or link to its site? Is it for dry herb and/or concentrates? I presume it's primarily a conduction vape, but what is heated by induction - the stem (bottom part in the heater) or a heat exchanger holding the stem? With that thin-looking stem, is it for single or multiple hits?

Other than no flame, what is the advantage of an induction heater (vs. say good-old nichrome wire or other resistance-based heating element)? Does it heat faster?
This is the M+

Induction heating is using a coil to induce current in a metal object placed inside, similar to the way a getter is flashed. There is very little waste heat, and very little transfer loss compared to flame heating. I've destroyed so many lighters that weren't intended to be heat cycled the way I did, burnt myself putting a hot lighter in my pocket, etc.

The heater is on etsy by Chris3DPrintsUS

OK, it's an alternative DynaVap stem heater.

Back