is this botrytis?

elcoloan

Still learning a lot!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Go-Go Auto, Bloody Skunk Auto, Cream Mandarine Auto, Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
Hi friends, hope everything is good with you all.

I have this photo plant in coco, now on about day 49 of flower.
It got root rot during 12/12 switch from using the autopot, now on hand watering only and seems to have overcome the root rot.
It gets watered oinly once a day about an hour after lights on.
I feed it with BioNova Hydro (A+B) and no more. 1.3 EC, 5.9-6.3 pH.
Tent temps are 20-26C / 68-78F and RH 56-65%.

About a week or so I noticed a couple of sugary leaves at a few top buds starting to change color (some to a darker green, other to a lighter green) and kinda curl upwards into the bud.

Yesterday some looked bad so I I proceded to cut those buds that had those curling leaves and cut them open. Couldn't get pics of them but they looked fine inside.

Could this be botrytis growing from the outside and not from the inside as usual?

Pics from yesterday
F0BDF519-9B95-4627-B8BD-5346D6176DB2.jpeg
EC987F78-21F9-4BC8-A66A-055716A8938B.jpeg
EE9E36C1-67FB-4149-9334-66B99FFB6E51.jpeg
C8124FDA-F3C4-4179-8FBC-E8D6CC093590.jpeg
2D8304F9-E49A-4513-82C3-9567FA6DD7B5.jpeg
CFCA677D-D174-48FD-850F-DAD8CB80AFD2.jpeg
128407CE-2A52-4E29-8549-E5AC0F010630.jpeg
E7FE5113-C4C2-47C3-BBB8-AA0D8CCFB41F.jpeg
9D2ED207-458C-467A-A90E-D910E198940E.jpeg
84DA106A-3BFE-4447-A3B4-F646232D3310.jpeg

I think it could be, you’ll have to grab the nugs and pull apart the affected area and check, typically you’ll find the mold way deep down and you’ll know 100% when you see it

I think it could be, you’ll have to grab the nugs and pull apart the affected area and check, typically you’ll find the mold way deep down and you’ll know 100% when you see it
did so but found nothing. Stem and base of leaves look healthy green and no signs of fuzzy mold.

Smell is a big tell tale sign. Does the effected area smell musty and stagnant? Buds in the area still firm? Also bud rot usually will cause hairs to mature faster than normal, is this plant still on par with maturation times. Seems like all your pistils are turning red, idk where you are in your grow

Possible, to my eye, but not sure. As another poster mentioned, tug on the deformed leaves, if they come out easily, that often means there is infection inside. The first symtoms are usually light colored deformed leaves on the colas themselves, and once stuff gets started well, the sad leaves pull out easily. I would keep looking, but if none of the leaves are easy to pull, there may be something else up.

Deformed leaves can indicate a calcium issue, but I don't know if that could explain what you see. Good luck with it. :pighug:

Smell is a big tell tale sign. Does the effected area smell musty and stagnant? Buds in the area still firm? Also bud rot usually will cause hairs to mature faster than normal, is this plant still on par with maturation times. Seems like all your pistils are turning red, idk where you are in your grow

Thanks for the input. Actually, it took a bit longer than usual to mature but smell was as sweet as always... probably louder than usual. But symptoms progressed into other colas, so I chopped a bit earlier, before they fattened up. All but one cola were disposed of. During drying I monitored closely and symptoms didnt progress. Before passing into jars I inspected every single bud, opening them up and all was good. I started consuming the buds that were on the branches with most symptoms and they have no different taste or smell or feel compared to ones from previous runs where this problem never showed up.

Possible, to my eye, but not sure. As another poster mentioned, tug on the deformed leaves, if they come out easily, that often means there is infection inside. The first symtoms are usually light colored deformed leaves on the colas themselves, and once stuff gets started well, the sad leaves pull out easily. I would keep looking, but if none of the leaves are easy to pull, there may be something else up.

Deformed leaves can indicate a calcium issue, but I don't know if that could explain what you see. Good luck with it. :pighug:

Hey friend! No, they wouldn't pull out at all! I think I did get some calcium spots at the same time as these symtoms started appearing, so there might be something to that thought . Thank you!

@Badginger yeah that had been my experience too. In this case it was kind of the opposite. From what I have gathered, what happend on this plant is a possible scenario of botrytis, but not so common to see. @Son of Hobbes If I may, have you seen bud rot that happens this way?

My one experience with bud rot, the flower leaves turned yellow from the inside out. They pull out by hand very easily.

Back