Photoperiod Just mixed some super soil.

Reaction score
Don't know what I am planting in it yet but mixed my soil for a photo grow. I still have some autos I am growing out so it will be about 30 days tell I start this. I mixed super soil per an old sub cool recipe and grew Jilly bean with amazing results last photo grow so super soil is how I am doing things from here on out. I did half and half with the super soil last time in a #15 nursery pot full of a full bag worth of soil. I know a lot of plants don't like 50% super soil so instead of using less I mixed it a little lighter this time. Also last time I also used 2 bags and cut the recipe down by 1/4. This time I am mixing 1 bag of soil and modifying the recipe. Here is what I have for the grow cooking.

1 bag Roots Organic soil, 6 ounces Bat guano by weight, 6 ounces Bone meal by weight, 3 ounces Blood meal by weight, 2 solo cups full of Steer manure, 1 solo cup full of Mushroom compost, 3 tablespoon of Lime, 2 tablespoon Kelp meal, 2 tablespoon Epsom salt, 2 tablespoon Rock phosphate, 1 tablespoon Green sand, 1 tablespoon Gypsum, 1 tablespoon Azomite, 1 teaspoon Humic acid.

The Veg mix will probably be strait roots with maybe some lime added and some of the bloom mix in the bottom of the starting pot. Plan on starting #2 nursery pots to for veg tell around day 30. I will transplant in to #15 nursery pots and veg for about 1 more week to 10 days to give plant time to get past any transplant shock and get settled in to its new pot. Going to do 2 plants in my 4x4 grow tent under a 600W HPS cool tube and plan on using only bottled water the whole grow. I don't have any worm castings for my mix which sucks but the steer manure and mushroom compost have pretty good nutrients, minerals and microbial life to them. I kinda went off on my own recipe like I do with my autos so I hope the mix is balanced enough that I have not locked any thing out or have the PH off. By the time this stuff is used it will be over 60 days old so should be good and cooked. I might get some worm castings some were in between that time to add to it if I can. I don't have a good place to get them local at this time. Thinking of trying to put strait coco core in the bottom 1 or 2 inches of my pot and maybe a layer between the veg and bloom mix.

K so I figured out my strains for this. Its going to be a blue grow. I have Blueberry Head band from Humboldt Seeds and Blue cheese from Big Buddha. I have a Northern nights auto that is going in soil today or tomorrow and at day 30 on that plant I will start these seeds and bloom them when I harvest the Northern lights. I might as well start another auto now as I have enough soil mixed up for 2 autos. Guess I am starting a red dwarf to use it all up. Maybe I will start these when the red dwarf is at day 30 above ground.

So this went by fast LOL. I have not been on here in a while and am harvesting now. I did 4 different grows here. I did my Purple cookies in the light super soil, a strain called Opium in a soil mixture I created, Blue cheese was fed with bottled nutrients and the Blue head band was grown in soil I recycled from an auto grow. The super soil had the largest harvest by at least 2X any plant in the tent but I did not have as dense of buds as I wanted and I think it is because I used 6 ounces of bat guano and bone meal instead of 10. The Opium turned out ok but I had a calcium deficiency mid flower and had to use cal/mag 2 times. I think once was enough but wanted to be sure. The Blue head band had good full buds but yielded about 1/2 the purple cookies. The blue cheese got fried with the bottle. Blue cheese was just normal soil and fed bottled nutrients. I fed at 1/4 dose and it cooked the plant I hate bottles. I waited tell the plant got a little deficient before the first feeding to try and prevent burning it but still burnt it. Used Fox farm tiger bloom. I also only fed half the gallon I mixed. The yield was small, about only over 1 ounce maybe. I did not weigh it. All plants are still in tent though and about 2/3 harvested as I wanted to let the bottoms mature. Things are still drying too so I don't have any weights as of yet. I have about 4 ounces in jars already total but a lot drying and still on the vine so I did OK. Next grow will be autos while the next batch of soil cooks. I have to get some soil soon and unfortunately will be growing my autos in soil I did not cook long enough. It will give me 2 months though to mix and cook soil for the next photo grow. Just based on what I have for seeds it will probably be some type of Kush grow. Probably SoCal Master Kush. Not sure if Kush will like super soil or not. Going to mix super soil and another batch of my own experiment based on what I learned my last grow batch I made. Because I will be mixing 1 bag batches I will be growing 2 plants in each batch and 4 plants at a time. The batch I had the Opium in was 1 bag of roots organic soil with 1 solo cups full of steer manure and 2 table spoons of lime in the veg soil not much and probably cold have done the same with out it - Bloom soil was 1 bag of roots, 1/4 cup bat guano, 1/4 cup bone meal, 1/4 cup kelp meal, 2 solo cups of steer manure and 3 table spoons of lime. All I added to that plant was cal/mag during the grow. Although it did not yield high maybe 2+ ounces it did have the frostiest nugs out of all the plants in the tent. Next grow I am going to add 1/3 cups instead of 1/4, Add 1 extra solo cup of manure, replace bat guano with seabird guano and add green sand to the mix. Might add a little hard wood ash too. Thinking of adding 1 table spoon first go and making sure it dose not burn my plants. I need to get a PH probe too so I can adjust my liming accordingly. Would like to check the PH of my soils after I have let both batches cook for 60 days. For the super soil I will be going to an older recipe of sub cools that's more basic than this last grow.

Last edited:
Back