Indoor Kym's Sweater 50/50 THC/CBD

Rasterman

Alienated by the War on Drugs
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango Smile
I went to Carver's Farm today, just to meet up with a guy on OG to give him some Namkading landrace clones in the parking lot because I have no room for them. I thought I'd go inside and see what clones were on offer. Note: Post has been heavily edited to add better strain information.

One of their growers was there, CanopyQueen505 on IG (Erika). We started talking clones. I'm not sure if she's the head grower, but I think I can be forgiven for thinking that, because she really knows cannabis. You know how you start talking to someone who talks effusively about something she's not trying to sell, and you get really excited about it anyway because she loves a unicorn so much? Like that. She genuinely loves this plant and has obviously grown it many times: Kym's Sweater. It's a clone-only strain that hasn't been extensively user tested yet (it was barely just named!), but she's confident in it and wants to get it out to the people who need the rare properties this strain has to offer.

I asked her if I'm an early adopter, and she said I would be the first person to get it outside of the company. Naturally, I had to have it. I had to wait half an hour while they were preparing the clones to bring out but I felt it more than worth the wait.

About this strain: According to Erika (CanopyQueen505 on IG), Kim's Sweater is bred by swnugget (IG): ACDC x Sweater (Ult Chem 91 x Alien Orange Cookies). ACDC is a phenotype of Cannatonic - a CBD plant often testing at 20:1 CBD:THC, and Sweater is a strain bred by a close friend to them in the community. Andrew (aka swnugget on IG) crossed the two in hopes of finding a deeply terp rich/great citrus flavored 1:1 medical option.

How it was named: Kymron De Cesare, a practicing pharmacognosist specializing in terpenoid-rich plant medicine, has been a valued mentor to the team and they wanted to honor him. That's where "Kym's" came from. "Sweater" was a tip of the hat to an inspirational friend who isn't specifically identified but shares career industries with the team and friends of the team.

I bought two clones. One to grow right now, and one for a mother. I was stoked when they brought it out, because I saw that I can take cuttings right away without waiting. The branches are a little on the thin side currently but I can make it work. So I took two cuttings just to be on the safe side, but during the release phase the price on this clone is low enough that I could buy more if I needed to. Edit: Cuttings, at least the small ones I took, like more humidity than the other cuttings currently in my cloner. They were wilted about 24 hours after cutting when I checked on them, so I closed the vents most of the way and they had recovered by the following morning.

20230805_122953.jpg

Like I said, I don't have room for it. But I'm just going to have to adjust. The whole reason I started growing was to get medicine for my wife, and this sounds like the perfect strain for that. I think I can force a five gallon into my tent. If not, I'll just have to pull another plant out and gift it to a family member.

I'd like to do a living soil grow, but right now all I have is Happy Frog. So I planted it in a tall #5 in Happy Frog after liberally sprinkling Rootwise on it, topdressed with about 1/4 cup of Buildasoil Craft Blend, mulched it and stuck it in the shade outside.

I'll be taking it out during the day and bringing it in at night until it's ready to flip, then I'll jam it into the 4x4.

Here she is in her new home.
20230805_124808.jpg

Last edited:
I started LST last night...
20230806_040922.jpg

I decided not to take her outside during the day. I was able to force-fit her into the flowering tent and am taking her out before the tent goes to sleep. I don't want to deal with hardening her off just to flip her in a couple of weeks. She's already adjusting to the training.

If you look closely at the strings you can see how easy it is to adjust the canopy just by pulling the strings so the majority of my work is done.

Last edited:
I decided to give the other clone to a family member who lives in a place much drier than here. So it's outside being hardened off.
20230807_081316.jpg

The family member is stoked to get this clone for some of the same reasons as me.

Last edited:
Six days later and she's more than doubled in size. I removed her guidewires and will be letting her grow free for a few days at least.
20230811_040432.jpg

It took 8 and 9 days for roots to pop out of the pods, so now I have two clones and can run it again! :cooldance::yay:

20230817_054341.jpg
20230817_054330.jpg

These cuttings wilted every day for some reason, probably because the stems were smaller than the hole in the pod. But they unwilted every night and turned out fine. So don't despair if that happens to your cuttings - they'll probably be fine.

Last edited:
She's looking ready to flip now, but I'm waiting for her to gain six more inches.
20230822_092412.jpg

This morning I topdressed with goat and chicken poop, Rootwise and Craft Blend.

Earlier today I moved her to the zipper I use to let them start 12s, and one branch just barely peeked over.

So I tied down one branch, and did a little bit of chiropracty on two more. She's already adjusting to the training and I might flip her tomorrow.
20230825_192554.jpg

The sticks are part of a tripod I threw together. She's already twice as wide as the pot she's in and I'll probably have to support her massive buds!

One week in, she started stretching right away. She's growing more than an inch a day, which is pretty impressive given the number of colas.

I cut one cola that was not going to make the cut. A few days ago, I also wrapped the bottom part of the teepee with string. This pushed the colas up and in, and as if by magic, perfectly level! :cooldance:
20230902_150409.jpg
20230902_150401.jpg

She's definitely going to overtake the top of the teepee.
20230902_150244.jpg

Back