Lockout or deficiency? (Photoperiod)

throxic

Floraflex'n with Coco
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dirty Bird SourLimeHaze, UnicornWhip, and Brunch v2. Solfire Block Monster
I know it's a photoperiod and this is an autoflower forum, but figured I'd ask the experts here since there's a lot of you using MegaCrop and a few running Autopots.

Problem: (Photoperiod) Seeing lower leaves yellowing, but also purpling on the leaves, not sure if we're locked out or experiencing a deficiency. I was feeding her a little lighter than Greenleaf's recommendations. So I upped the nutes and it looks like the new growth on top is green and the buds are still growing, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Medium/grow method: Coco Loco in Autopots

Feed: and supplements used: First time using MC v3 1part with BE and SC. I also add 2.5ml/gal of SLF-100. Day 1F started with 10gal res PH @ 5.84 (1260ec MC, 164ec SC). Went on vacation for a week (PH was still in range when I got back, MC is waaaay better in this regard compared to AN). Did a Recharge day on Day 15-16F. Day 18F added 5gal to res PH@5.96 (1200ec MC, 153ec BE, 219 SC). Noticed discoloration, so I upped it the next res change: Day 25F fresh res of 4gal PH @ 6.13 (459ec tap, 51ec calcium acetate, 1500ec MC, 370ec BE, 332ec SC, total 2612ec). EC seems high to me, but I know with photoperiods, you run them closer to the nute manufacturer's recommendations, but with Autopots you're suppose to run them a little lighter. Therein lies my confusion.

water source: Dechlorinated tap, starting ec ~440 (220ppm)

PH in the root zone: Res PH can range from 5.6-6.4

Strain/age: Day 29 of flower currently with an Ethos Super Hero (freebie)

light used: SF-2000 @ 13in, 100%. Tent Buddy 3k reading ~750 PPFD

Climate: 40-60% RH, 70-80F

Additional info: Coco Loco is pre-amended, so I didn't start feeding her until day 31. Day 1F was day 50 from sprouting. I know flipping was a bit late for my pot size (3.9gal), but had to wait because of vacation. So it could even be rootbound a bit, but the bottom roots are constantly being feed via the Autopots.

20210821_104817.jpg
20210827_093226.jpg

Think I'm gonna bottom feed some recharge tomorrow and clean her up a bit. Hopefully the higher amount of nutes will bring me where I need to be. Any feedback is most welcomed. I'm already looking forward to the winter 2021 grow! :peace:

Calcium Acetate is much to powerful. Your starting water is high in calcium, MC is high in calcium. Your mixing and matching vendors and your plants are dying. .

The calcium acetate is homemade from eggshells and vinegar. I added an extra 25ppm of calcium (1/2 Tbsp in 4gals) to combat the calcium deficiency that occurs from the higher led light in flower. (An extra 25ppm seems light, but my tap is already 225ppm in this scenario and I've experienced cal-def in the past at this stage.) Not sure what you mean by mixing and matching vendors? Are you taking about the SLF-100, Recharge and MC? SLF-100 is an enzyme for root health and Recharge is a microbe tea. I wouldn't think those would cause the issues I'm experiencing.

Again, any feedback is most welcomed. I feel it's the grows that have issues where you learn the most. :peace:

Looks like a lockout in my opinion. Feeding too much of something has locked put potassium. I can’t be sure, but, with how much leaves that have been affected there isn’t much you can do now but let it go by the looks of it because of how far she is in flower and how many leaves are affected.

fast-and-furious-vin-diesel.gif

This gif sums it up. I've been using Coco Loco all this time thinking it's more like coco and instead I should of been running it like soil. Even their feeding chart says this, but I never bothered to look.

For the next person who runs into a lockout issue using Coco Loco, the feeding chart states, "Feed up to twice per week. Should plants show signs of stress or color irregularities, flush your soil. When using coco-based media, flush every two weeks during the following cycle as Coco has a tendency to retain unwanted salt residue more than peat-based soils."

I plan on finishing out this last bag of Coco Loco using a super soil concentrate (bottom 1/3) and just add water. Afterwards, I'll find a proper bag of 70/30 coco/perlite to run MC with my autopots. :peace:

Back