Magnesium Facts

i am using hemp daily too, either by using the hemp protein powder or the hempseed oil (organic and raw). Everybody in this forum should :D

All kidding aside: hemp protein is really nice on the stomach. And the omega3 to omega6 fatty acid ratio is near perfect. Best oil ever for me :) + the lovely nutty taste ...mmmm

i use cacao beans (raw, organic) daily for 4-5months now and i`m very impressed. I have decided to use cacao as my daily food. I found cacao when i was searching for alternatives to caffeine. Caffeine was bad for my stomach and nervous system so i needed another stimulant which was natural. For me when i first started using cacao i got an happy "high" and really nice chill feeling. Cacao is a really nice stimulant to use in sports or in school as a attention prolonger.

My wife uses cacao butter daily on her skin. I give cacao beans to my 3 year old daughter when she is tired or feeling really bad/bad attitude. It mellows her down and she goes around hugging people. Seriously - try this!

After i started using cacao beans regularly i am much more relaxed, i feel better and i have more energy + it helps to keep the munchies away, since its a appetite suppressor (yay for stoners who get the mad munchies).

Always use beans, whenever possible. Nibs and powder have lost most of its natural power and by the way in cacao there are antioxydants which to my knowledge trump in ORAC value all the other foods. I got rid of my stomach acidity problem with cacao, before i got the "burns" all the time.

People, just try to eat cacao beans (0,5kg), just try and keep on it until the 0,5kg ends - you will be amazed.

PS! DO NOT EAT WITH DAIRY - it blocks the Fe, Mg and antioxydants in the cacao.

Hello Everyone, this is a very interesting discussion. Fire fly, Perhaps you could start a thread in the "Let food be thy Medicine" section of the forum.

So knowing that this could be a substitute for coffee is greatly appreciated.
cocoa bean.jpg

Peace

Isn't cacao the same as cocoa?
http://vegetarian.about.com/od/beverage1/a/Difference-Between-Cocoa-And-Cacao.htm
You Say Tomato, I Say Cacao

Even for a bi-lingual Mexican-American chocolatier the story of how we have both of these words at our disposal is not easy to tell. The botanical name for the tree that chocolate comes from is Theobroma Cacao. The word cacao comes from the Olmecpeople from what is now Mexico, and is believed to be the closest pronunciation to the original name of the plant. History shows that chocolate then changed hands from the Olmec to the Mayans to the Spanish. The word cacao is the only word ever used in any of the hispanic languages to describe what English speakers think of as cocoa. It is actually widely believed that the word cocoa has its origins in a spelling mistake. A mistake which was never corrected, and perhaps found easier to pronounce, quite successfully overtook the correct form.

Check out this article to learn more about the History of Chocolate.

i have some really nice science books on Cacao. But i concur, the name Cocoa has come from the drink people are used to (cacao in the powder form with milk added) vs cacao as a bean or as not treated cacao bean. The difference is, in raw form cacao does not mix with water - it is very lumpy. But when using cacao powder (so called Cocoa) it mixes with the liquids. The main problem is the potassium carbonate which is used in the treating the cacao bean powder so it is more alkaline , but in that process the cacao loses its much valued antioxydant properties by more than 50%. And when used with dairy (milk + cacao powder) then the Fe, Mg and antioxydants become unavailable to human body (because of the dairy).

All this is interesting and things we want to hear more about...but this is a "Magnesium Facts" thread.
I think you would enjoy our PH Quick Start thread (https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/ph-plan-quick-start.26520/)
I`m heavily into natural and organic food/plants, so i research and use many different plants and organic produce. No meat also (not that i am an vegetarian, just felt much better when skipped the meat and so it went).
This is just what we are looking for...I'd Love to see some of your research!
And I bet you and your wife even have recipes...

:passit:

All this is interesting and things we want to hear more about...but this is a "Magnesium Facts" thread.
I think you would enjoy our PH Quick Start thread (https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/ph-plan-quick-start.26520/)

This is just what we are looking for...I'd Love to see some of your research!
And I bet you and your wife even have recipes...

:passit:
i am sorry Root, i got carried away about the cacao. If you know something that works, you really wanna share the knowledge/findings with people, so they would see what you see :) I will read the ph plan thread ;)

Me and my wife have been on the pure food train for 8 years now and we have experimented a lot to on our bodies (a grown man, a grown woman and a child) and it has transformed my health (hell, TBH everybody got "affected" in our circle :)). I will post here and there, so there wount be anymore thread mixing :)

If you have any questions at all, i am happy to talk to anybody via pm, so the forum stays clean ;)

Thank you for your interest ;pass a vape; :)

Reactions: JM
this works :worship:

the mag oil, at the proper concentration (its salt water, but it has a greasy, oily texture) relieves deep intramuscular pain when applied liberally to the skin. takes abot 20-30 minutes, its faster if your skin is hydrated. it stings open cuts and blemishes, so be careful. i use this in conjunction with and epsom salt bath, i sit there and read a book, then wash it all off and bathe as normal. you will feel like a million bucks :cheers:

thank you, Mossy-san. this is invaluable. fuck a tylenol.

I found a recipe for making magnesium oil into a gel on you tube, tried it and love it, easier to apply especially to shoulders and back, have even used it on temples for a headache ( hangover) [emoji16]. I started using magnesium oil because of the reports here and it has worked wonders for me, so thank you Mossy for all your hard work and research.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So glad it is working for you.. yes you can also infuse into coconut oil for massage / etc etc... excellent stuff.. I use the mag oil spray every day!

Back