Mars Hydro Full Spectrum LED Giveaway-SP 3000!

Marshydro

Marshydro sales rep
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.mars-hydro.com
Hey everyone!

As early as two months ago, people kept asking me what the new Mars Hydro new light is. I'm sure you're looking forward to it. Today we're announcing our first new light in 2020- SP3000 :woohoo:

What does SP3000 look like? In fact, if you look at it from the appearance, it's the same as the SP250. The SP3000 also can be called an upgraded to the SP250. So what's the difference between SP3000 and SP250?:rolleyes1:

- SP3000 uses Samsung lm301b chips, total of 960 diodes.
- SP3000 add more red light, the spectrum is perfect for all cycle grow
- SP3000 is 300w true wattage
- SP3000 has 2'x5' flower coverage, 3'x6' veg coverage
- SP3000 with upgraded dimmer design, more convenient for customers to adjust the light intensity

Do you like the new SP3000? We will start the pre-sale it on Mars Hydro official website in the middle of June!:cheers:

Mars Hydro SP3000-giveaway.jpg

Do you want to know how SP3000 perform? That's what we're going to talk about the giveaway today. We are looking for the SP3000 light tester!:headbang:

Here I will explain how to participate::headbang:

- Time: 22th ~ 28th May
- Condition: Only for grower owning Mars Hydro SP250
- How: Post your Mars Hydro SP250 growing under the threads: Either picture of video will be fine. But in the picture or videos, should show the lights and plants both. Try to make it more clean and beautiful! If you have already harvested, please kindly tell us the weight of your harvest.
- You can share as much as you wish.
- Comment whatever you want, but better add a #MarsHydroSP3000led and tag me @MarshydroTina

We will choose five growers who don't not participate in the giveaway to be judges of the contest and the winner will be decided by these five judges. So if you want to be a judge, please contact me!

Vote time: 29th

What winner will get:
- SP3000 LED:woohoo:

The winner will need to open a new thread after receiving SP3000 to show the difference between SP3000 and SP250, and how SP3000 perform.:d5:

Last edited:
I don't have a SP-250 but would happy to be a judge.
@MarshydroTina#Maeshydro is really stepping up their game!!!
That's a great looking light!

Hey everyone!

As early as two months ago, people kept asking me what the new Mars Hydro new light is. I'm sure you're looking forward to it. Today we're announcing our first new light in 2020- SP3000 :woohoo:

What does SP3000 look like? In fact, if you look at it from the appearance, it's the same as the SP250. The SP3000 also can be called an upgraded to the SP250. So what's the difference between SP3000 and SP250?:rolleyes1:

- SP3000 uses Samsung 301b chips, total of 960 diodes.
- SP3000 add more red light, the spectrum is perfect for all cycle grow
- SP3000 is 300w true wattage
- SP3000 has 2'x5' flower coverage, 3'x6' veg coverage
- SP3000 with upgraded dimmer design, more convenient for customers to adjust the light intensity

Do you like the new SP3000? We will start the pre-sale it on Mars Hydro official website in the middle of June!:cheers:

View attachment 1193559

Do you want to know how SP3000 perform? That's what we're going to talk about the giveaway today. We are looking for the SP3000 light tester!:headbang:

Here I will explain how to participate::headbang:

- Time: 22th ~ 28th May
- Condition: Only for grower owning Mars Hydro SP250
- How: Post your Mars Hydro SP250 growing under the threads: Either picture of video will be fine. But in the picture or videos, should show the lights and plants both. Try to make it more clean and beautiful! If you have already harvested, please kindly tell us the weight of your harvest.
- You can share as much as you wish.
- Comment whatever you want, but better add a #MarsHydroSP3000led and tag me @MarshydroTina

We will choose five growers who don't not participate in the giveaway to be judges of the contest and the winner will be decided by these five judges. So if you want to be a judge, please contact me!

Vote time: 29th

What winner will get:
- SP3000 LED:woohoo:

The winner will need to open a new thread after receiving SP3000 to show the difference between SP3000 and SP250, and how SP3000 perform.:d5:
looks great tina nice new upgrades as well for the consumer @hairyman you got a sp light get in on this :pass:

@MarshydroTina , I dont have any SP250 Tina, just some cheap T5 lights,which are good, sure they dont put out too much power umol/s. I notcied on ebay there is Marshydro account. This must be in Australia as is free ship. The SP250 must be very popular, the SP3000 sounds like it would cover a larger area and more power umol/s

My planned purchase from Tina did not work out due to inventory issues few months back. It was however, only for tents. Tina was a darling. Great customer service too. Thats why I feel like chiming in on this one.

I can't help but notice the unique rules of this competition? One must own an SP250 to compare with the new model? The only reason I can come up with, is to reward existing customers.

From a promotional/marketing point of view, It poses several issues. Do remember that a grow is more than just Lights, but most won't care and will just look at yields as a measurement.

1. If SP250 beats SP3000, then no one is gonna want to buy SP3000 cos it's obviously pricier. I'll not be optimistic about the launch in this case.

2. If SP3000 beats SP250 as expected, then you're gonna quickly lose sales for the predecessor. Unless SP250 will be discontinued, there will be cannibalizing of your own product line. Not good for bottom line profits! However, this is kinda the best case scenario of this comp.

3. If they perform more or less the same, which will most likely be the case, then there's really not much to compare?

We are basically comparing Epistar and Samsung diodes. Efficiency goes to Samsung but not by a lot, at least our eyes can't tell the difference. Also depends on how the diodes are driven? A change in other environment factors or perhaps a change in nutes or other habits could mislead the Grower into thinking that its the lights. Hence, making an inaccurate comparison. Truth is, the difference in efficiency/spectrum between these two diodes are quite minimal. It will take an experienced Grower to notice the subtle differences. Not me though!

Reason ppl buy LM301B or H is because its most efficient at an affordable price, for semi DIY models. A 4×288 board full set only costs around $200 before shipping (China) and is more than enough for a 4×4. Its affordable enough so you don't see many opting for cheaper Epistar boards at all. Thats all. Does not mean Epistars are shit at all.

I'll not be entering this comp regardless of the rules. Just feel it's a pity if giveaways are done but it doesn't get the impact it deserves. I am also very baked. Wouldn't surprise me to read this post again, and it don't make sense LOL

:baked: :baked: :baked:

I don’t own a Mars light currently but be happy to be a judge when this is over! And awesome of you to do Miss Tina! U are def a kick ass rep on here! :bighug:
Hey Mark, thank you for your interest in Mars Hydro giveaway, we invite you to be this contest judge :d5: , keep this contest fair and pick the winner- SP3000 tester:woohoo:

Back