Mg def mid flower!! Help?

Sleeper143

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all, not been on here for about a year, feels good to be back.
Dinafem Cheese Auto, under 2 x sf1000 led’s, grown in Biobizz light mix, using biobizz nutes.

I’m currently in mid/late flower on a Dinafem Cheese Auto. But disaster has struck. What I thought was an N def (due to the yellowing of lower leaves) so I upped the fish mix a little which resulted in some tip burn, but the yellow kept creeping up the plant. It is now looking like an Mg deficiency. I think it’s affected my bud growth as they all seem very skinny at this stage (I guess they might swell in the next 2 weeks - I’m about 8 weeks in to this grow, but some heavy lst and a super crop have delayed things a little).
At this stage, do you think a dose of Epsom salts will help her fatten up a bit, or is it too late and I’ll have small skinny buds at the end? They’re glistening like Xmas, but seem so small in comparison to any previous grow I’ve done. Here’s some pics, if they help. If not, is there anything else you wantto see?

3872EBE1-9F4E-4A02-A82F-AEE2640D39EB.jpeg

28D45675-FB34-434F-BBF7-DCCA48C9A483.jpeg

424A60F6-670D-4221-BBE1-9AC2DEFF5C42.jpeg

BED2E542-AC4F-4899-9B14-729AEC0B1ADE.jpeg

Try some Epsom.salts I use 1 table spoon to 2 litres of water hope that helps add one table spoon to a cup pour on some boiling water to dissolve it then add to the 2 litres of water also I would suggest using some pk booster along side biobizz nutes try advanced nutrients big bud and overdrive big bud during early flower and overdrive the least 3 weeks before flush don't mix the 2 together though

Try some Epsom.salts I use 1 table spoon to 2 litres of water hope that helps add one table spoon to a cup pour on some boiling water to dissolve it then add to the 2 litres of water also I would suggest using some pk booster along side biobizz nutes try advanced nutrients big bud and overdrive big bud during early flower and overdrive the least 3 weeks before flush don't mix the 2 together though
Thanks @Towlie I'llgive Epsom salts a go, I just wondered if it’s too late to make any difference to my bud sizes now as I’m quite a way in to flowering now. I’ve probably only got a couple of weeks left before they’d be ready to harvest, but more than happy to let them run longer if the Epsom salts will be effective this late on in development

Just feed the Epsom.salts with your regular feed if your lady's are close to harvest then it could be a natural fade it's normal for the lower leaves to fade close to harvest

when are you planning on harvesting looking at the photos you have posted I'd say you still have a good 30+ days left before harvest I'd start adding some overdrive to your regular feeds for the next 3 weeks then start your flush

@Towlie its not fade due to being close to harvest, it’s mg def (veins are still nice and green). Had mg defs in the past, but never this late in to flower which is why I asked if it’s too late to be adding it now.
officially it’s now spot on the seed bank harvest time (and Dinafem, for me over the years anyway, have been almost spot on their advertised timings). I’m allowing 2 extra weeks due to the stress I put her under with LST and super cropping. 30 days, as you suggested, might not be too far off the mark, maybe the stress stunted/delayed her more than I thought it would.
I’ve put 20g of Epsom’s in one litre of water today, so I’ll see how she goes in the next few days.
Thanks for the advice mate!

Hello dude, looks like you have have some good advice in here....I think you will get some fattening of the buds yet dude :headbang: and I agree with @Towlie dude...you prolly have about 30-ish days yet.....happy growing:toke::vibe:

Sleeper143

Vapo helped me out on Instagram and because of him I’ve come back to AFN after a year away
Thanks for the rep dude:pass:much appreciated and :welcome: home to AFN gromie :woohoo:....good to have you back:d5:

Hello again dude hehe:crying::crying: I just thought if you were interested in some light reading....you can link to my current grow journal HERE ...I have managed to post a couple of short "this is how I do it!" pic tutorials on there....happy growing dude...:toke:

Back