Michael Pollan: "Cannabis, The Importance of Forgetting, and the Botany of Desire"

KindredSpirit

AFN New Growers Mod
Reaction score
Howdy folks :howdy:

I came across this talk given by Michael Pollan and wanted to share it with everyone. Most people know him for his books "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and "In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto", both great books that discuss the horror show that is modern agribusiness in the United States. I was unaware of his book "The Botany of Desire" which discusses (among other things) our evolution with our sacred plant.

The information he gives in this talk provides a lot of insight into why cannabis is so helpful in treating PTSD, anxiety, and traumatic brain injuries.

Cheers :smokebuds:

[video=youtube;S7QA7Ae1ENA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7QA7Ae1ENA[/video]

The documentary series and the book of botany of desire is a really interesting read/viewing, another good documentary is 'how to grow a planet' which has 3 episodes....the first focuses on plants and light and how they came to use light for growth.
The second episode focuses on flowers and how their evolution contributed to plants success...
the third episode is about grass...how it adapted to become the most dominant type of plant on the planet.

TLBWP

Very Nice Vid man.Ill checkout a book or two once I have a few bucks.Thanks bro!!

Back