Molasses and CalMag in organic grow

GsC4477

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Im using unsulfured Blackstrap Molasses weekly when i water, I been told to add Cal mag to every watering ( since im growing in coco), so im wondering do I have to add CalMag to the water that gets Molasses? and do I have to add the Cal mag 1st to avoid lockout?

Do i keep adding Cal mag to the water until what point? im in later flower already.

You should probably first determine whether you need to be adding cal-mag at all, such as if you have well-buffered coco and/or base nutes that take care of Ca and Mg. You'll need to tell us about your water source (EC/ppm), feeding regimen, type of coco, etc.

In coco (usually Canna)/perlite, I only add cal-mag (or epsom salt/Mg) when there seems to be a need or otherwise just 2-3 times in later veg and early-mid bloom; and I foliar feed (using Transport), avoid messing with the coco.

Im just goin off what others tell me and it actually says it on the website for the coco i buy that it
"excels with cal mag/ added". I dont like using the product at all for a bunch of reasons, mainly its said to last 3 to 6 months, that's liquid cal mag, and that's per that manufacture ...

Id love to just add some epsom salt like you instead . problem is i paid for this 25 dollar bottle of cal mag.

Attachments

• DSC_0590.JPG
    DSC_0590.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 7
You should probably first determine whether you need to be adding cal-mag at all, such as if you have well-buffered coco and/or base nutes that take care of Ca and Mg. You'll need to tell us about your water source (EC/ppm), feeding regimen, type of coco, etc.

In coco (usually Canna)/perlite, I only add cal-mag (or epsom salt/Mg) when there seems to be a need or otherwise just 2-3 times in later veg and early-mid bloom; and I foliar feed (using Transport), avoid messing with the coco.

Im using Tupur gold I hve no idea about the quality, i will be buying Canna after this. Im using Dr earth Fert and Bloom, although I havent top dressed in weeks and i doubt i need to again. ?? im about 60 ish days out

I lack familiarity with the fertilizer and modified coco/perlite Tupur Gold product, but you likely shouldn't be adding significant amounts of cal-mag with every feed.

You should tell us about your water -- tap or well water (how bad), RO, distilled, etc.?

I get filtered water from fridge it ph to 7.5 then i take it down to 6.8. Wow, so how much or little Cal Mag should i be adding??

Back