Grow Mediums My First Hydro Grow

yolobudz

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey AFN Team!!!

This will be the home of my first DWC (Hydro) grow jornal. I would love for all you amazingly helpful AFN vets and new comers as myself to join.

Tent - 4x4x56
Light - 1 Mars 300w
Res - 5 gal 4 site bucket
Ventilation - 2 4in vent fans
Air - 40lpm diffused by an 8in disk and 2 5 in strip
Nutes - Botanicare granular line up and hydroguard

Strains

2x Kera Bubblegum
2x fast buds pineapple express

I will dropping beans in a a cup of ph'd water (5.5) once cracked or after 24 hrs into rockwool and the bucket with plastic cups for humidity domes until I have some action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Great to have you here! I have done a hydro grow or two lol, in my humble opinion you need more air and more light, that is assuming you are saying you have 40 LPM between the four buckets if that is the case then disregard. I recommend 50 LPM diffused by the 8 in discs in each 5 gallon site. to grow roots like this
roots.jpg
also I would add a second mars hydro 300 if that is your preffered light, that will give em what they need air and light wise to fill your tent all the way up happy growing and if you have any questions just tag me and I will hop on over and help if possible. @IndicaIVoz is also a pro who can help

No, the 4 net pots are in one 5 gal res. I've been thinking of adding another light just not sure yet. I definitely appreciate the information though. As you and @IndicalVoz have been a very important part of my research up this point great to have you here.

I went micro this time and if it's effecient enough for my medicinal needs and easy to take care of is my main concern.

@derek420colorado so that would be 40lpm to one 5 gal res with a 4 site with 3in net pots

Gotcha, I haven't really thought about it too much about multiple plants in a single rez but I would say more air if possible, I would say that they will ultimately always respond and grow better with more air. Also another light will be helpful to getting the most out of growing in DWC. So I would say get at least another 40lpm and if you can another 60, diffused with a regular large airstone

or you can T off of the 8 in disc and run multiple lines into it

hey man how are you that's a really tall tent at - 4x4x56 :crying:
If you need any help let me know bro ;):greenthumb: and post up some pics :)

LMAO @IndicalVolz I'm good man. Sorry about that lol. It is 56in not ft lol. I will post pics tonight I will be dropping beans tonight as well!!! Stay tuned!!!

Back