Night Owl Seeds My Zamaldelica Express #4 is 20 days old, tallest one is 3 ft already. They are very spindly and sparsely limbed. Normal?

With night owl only being about 6moths old, there haven't been many grows completed yet to compare your plant to. There may be one or two if you use the search bar to search for the strain name. Keep in mind that there are multiple phenotypes of that cross, so those that have grown it out may not have gotten the same the phenotype that you have now.

Without pics it's hard to say for sure, but to me, it sounds like you are describing the look of a typical sativa plant. Tall, airy, thin branching.. Sounds like a sativa. They usually take on the Christmas tree look ( sometimes it's the charlie Brown Christmas tree lool). Indicas are usually shorter, squat bushes with thicker branches.
LOL, yep, they are definitely Charlie Brown style Christmas trees! But they are sure laying on the bud sites now. I'm thinking I may have to go ahead and put some bamboo rods in for support.
Thanks everyone, including you, Ribbzy. LOL

I have two Zamaldelica Express approaching 65 days and they look like they are going to be 80-90 days + type plants but can you post some recent pictures of yours? Yours are older than mine and I am very curious

Hey guys,
My first time growing Night Owl Seeds, and I'm lovin it. They are growing like, well.... Weeds, but I'm unfamiliar with them. I'm not training. letting them do their own thing. They have tons of light, matter of fact, they seem to burn extremely easy under my Cobshop COB's. They have plenty of nutrition. Can anyone allay my worries over my girls health? I know, NO Pics, so kill me.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has grown them, if so, they will understand what I'm asking, and can either put my mind at ease, or not.
TIA
Hey everyone,

Well, I decided to post the finish of one of my Zamaldelica Express #4, out of three that I had growing, this one is the first that I smoked off of the Zamaldelica.
I have harvested two of the three, the one that is still growing is going to be a weighty Lady. The spindliness was caused by my incorrect use of my new AutoCob Lights, I had them too far away from the canopy as they were vegging.
I'm afraid to hazard to close of a guess of the dry weight yet, they have just been hanging (whole plant) for 4 days, and they are so tall 50 inches + - 2 inches. And they are a little fluffy, as pure Sativa almost always is, it is NOT out of the norm, and is actually a little harder nugs than pure Sativa I have had. I am just guessing, but I think I will safely get 3-4 ounces out of each plant, and the one still growing, maybe 5-6 ounces. Each sister was just slightly different in bud formation. The overall growth was the same.
I tried a small pinch in the bong this morning, it has not even began to cure..... But it was smooth, a light smoke with a good taste, not grassy even.
The stone, and yes.... I am going to have to call it a "stone", because it knocked me for a loop. I was waaaaay too high. LOL.
It was uncomfortable because I wasn't expecting it. But the good part is- It made my body just start buzzing, almost like electricity, and I mean it numbed everything on my body, including my severe peripheral neuropathy, which has been the biggest curse of my life. LOL.
I tried it again, two hours later, and I was prepared. I didn't smoke as much, but I had some good tunes from my high school days in the mid-70's cranking on the back porch, looking up at the Azure Blue Autumn morning sky, framed by the tulip poplars, shagbark hickories, white and red oak trees, sassafrass trees, all of them in their full fall colors....... People, I tripped balls, just like I used to in the Seventh Grade, almost..... LOL, yep, I was an early adopter of mind altering substances. LOL
I give this strain, two nutsacks UP!
You are gonna fuckin' love it.
Sorry, I'm high as shit, and I start cursing.
Go grab ya some!

Thank You, Daz@mephisto, dude, this is the best strain I have ever grown, Photo, or auto, I'm serious, I can't wait until I've got a good cure.
Thanks. I've been searching for just this effect.

Came back to add: One of the girls has the strangest bud formation. The calyx's are like little pom poms! Tiny little round leafs. She's a strange looking one, I imagine that she is showing flower structure from the Muai Thai that is in her. I've seen pictures showing peculiar leaves on it, I think. Anyone else ever ran across this?

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Well, I decided to post the finish of one of my Zamaldelica Express #4, out of three that I had growing, this one is the first that I smoked off of the Zamaldelica.
I have harvested two of the three, the one that is still growing is going to be a weighty Lady. The spindliness was caused by my incorrect use of my new AutoCob Lights, I had them too far away from the canopy as they were vegging.
I'm afraid to hazard to close of a guess of the dry weight yet, they have just been hanging (whole plant) for 4 days, and they are so tall 50 inches + - 2 inches. And they are a little fluffy, as pure Sativa almost always is, it is NOT out of the norm, and is actually a little harder nugs than pure Sativa I have had. I am just guessing, but I think I will safely get 3-4 ounces out of each plant, and the one still growing, maybe 5-6 ounces. Each sister was just slightly different in bud formation. The overall growth was the same.
I tried a small pinch in the bong this morning, it has not even began to cure..... But it was smooth, a light smoke with a good taste, not grassy even.
The stone, and yes.... I am going to have to call it a "stone", because it knocked me for a loop. I was waaaaay too high. LOL.
It was uncomfortable because I wasn't expecting it. But the good part is- It made my body just start buzzing, almost like electricity, and I mean it numbed everything on my body, including my severe peripheral neuropathy, which has been the biggest curse of my life. LOL.
I tried it again, two hours later, and I was prepared. I didn't smoke as much, but I had some good tunes from my high school days in the mid-70's cranking on the back porch, looking up at the Azure Blue Autumn morning sky, framed by the tulip poplars, shagbark hickories, white and red oak trees, sassafrass trees, all of them in their full fall colors....... People, I tripped balls, just like I used to in the Seventh Grade, almost..... LOL, yep, I was an early adopter of mind altering substances. LOL
I give this strain, two nutsacks UP!
You are gonna fuckin' love it.
Sorry, I'm high as shit, and I start cursing.
Go grab ya some!

Thank You, Daz@mephisto, dude, this is the best strain I have ever grown, Photo, or auto, I'm serious, I can't wait until I've got a good cure.
Thanks. I've been searching for just this effect.

Came back to add: One of the girls has the strangest bud formation. The calyx's are like little pom poms! Tiny little round leafs. She's a strange looking one, I imagine that she is showing flower structure from the Muai Thai that is in her. I've seen pictures showing peculiar leaves on it, I think. Anyone else ever ran across this?
Sounds good any link or pics? https://growdiaries.com/diaries/55901-night-owl-seeds-zamaldelica-express-grow-journal-by-gyoweed
If you
1588028772932.png
dont mind this is mine day 25
1588028820604.png

I've got three going right now.

Two of them are on day 27 and look like this. By far the most land race sativa structure that I've seen in an autoflower.
zamaldelica_express1.jpg

Here is what the third one looks like at day 24. More squat/dense structure. Different pheno I assume, and she also got hit with more light early on than the other two as well which could've contributed to her staying more squat.
zamaldelica_express2.jpg

I've got three going right now.

Two of them are on day 27 and look like this. By far the most land race sativa structure that I've seen in an autoflower.
View attachment 1185816

Here is what the third one looks like at day 24. More squat/dense structure. Different pheno I assume, and she also got hit with more light early on than the other two as well which could've contributed to her staying more squat.
View attachment 1185821
I had mine close to the lights in a 2x2 so more than enough. That must be a one off.
They look great, is that a 5 gal?

Little experiment:

Back