Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
On Facebook recently, a grower claimed that he's been re-vegging his autoflowers and that it can be done with all autos.

Yes, autoflower plants can be revegged, turned into a photo period plant and reflowered for a massive yield. And you can repeat the process. This has been covered online in great detail. Google it.

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 8.31.08 AM.png

The alleged trick is to keep the light on 24/0 and switch back to veg nutes.

This sparked a TREMENDOUS amount of replies, with a very small percentage saying "oh yeah, we've done this too" and the majority saying "bullshit." Absolutely no one has provided any proof during any of the conversations about it however. The comment about it reverting back to the "prized photo period" was a bit of a stretch lol.

Personally I think some growers are seeing unstable autoflowers, or what's essentially a "semi-auto." Ruderal characteristics but it's still a photo by definition (needs to flip to properly finish.) We've seen it dozens of times over where growers have an auto that doesn't auto, and every time you treat it like a photo and it's good to go. So really, at that point is it still considered an autoflower? I think this is what a lot of growers are seeing when they say "oh my plant re-vegged" or "I have an autoflower mother I keep taking clones from for years," that it was sold and labeled as an autoflower, but that it's a photo dominant strain. Perhaps a bit of semantics?

I've seen autos start to push out new leaf growth at the end of their lives, but personally I take all my meds longer than normal (more amber) than probably most do, and I've yet to see them reveg. I've left autos in pots where they've eventually died (way past harvest window) and they never revegged. Doesn't explain partial harvests either.

But then we were talking about it in the staff room and @Mossy mentioned she had an auto start to reveg going from natural sunlight (outdoors) then moved inside to a grow light (and more hours on than what it was getting.) Very curious stuff.

What do you think? Ever see this phenomenon happen? Truth and merit to the claim, or stoner science? Chalked up to genetic anomaly? Or able to be replicated?

Last edited:
I personally would have to actually grow such a plant myself to believe this wholeheartedly.....but you can NEVER underestimate Mother Nature.....to do so would be catastrophic!

I mean if we want to split hairs, you can practically make ANY plant do almost ANYthing.

That aside, sticking to the "nature" of the plant (and I use that term "nature" loosely because honestly, our main goal with cannabis is optimization, even when that means going outside of nature to do it.), autoflowers are meant to grow, flower, and die, at a linear rate. That's it. They're a Summer annual.

In short, my answer is no. This is what photoperiod plants are for.

Sounds like bad genetics. Most of these auto "seed makers" (not breeders) sell seeds that weren't tested, and weren't taken to full auto. No one can just "tell me" that an auto can reveg.. And if if does, I can't imagine it being worth the 2 month wait.. But then they take it a step further and say that it doesn't just reveg... It completely alters its own DNA and reverts back to a photoperiod plant that you can continue to veg and flip to flower whenever you want.want. it makes zero sense and defeats the purpose of growing autos.

Last edited:
I do know if you put a fast flower under NON-UV producing blurple (mid 2015-2017 technology) for 24/0 to veg and then put it under the sun starting at 16/8 it will immediately sex then stretch, flower while continue vegging all at the same time for the whole summer and fall. If you clone that plant while it's still "flowerating" (as I call it) by cloning the very top main cola that keeps growing up at the top of it as you strip the bud off but keep the fan leaves on the top cola and put that clone under 24/0 of NON-UV blurple LEDs it starts vegging again. You can repeat its "flowerulate/flowerating" (as I call it) by switching to 16/8 full real sun light again from NON-UV blurples and repeat. I've had Fast flowers just flower and keep growing and producing new buds and stretching and just keeps going for infinity without switching from veg to flower.

Well
I can say yes you can, clone autos.
Got 2 growing and they started flowering at the same time as the donor, Is it any good, I’ll find out

hmmm...at what age did u take cuttingz from the momz & how did u do it :confused1: (i.e. leaf or whole branch, from where on plant, etc...detailz man, detailz! :smoking: ) ppp

Back