New(ish) grower and The Outdoor Fast Buds Four...

BluntedStuntman

New User
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here and new to growing Autoflowers.

I have some questions…

First a bit of background...

I’m in the South of Spain on the coast and I grow outdoors in full sun.

I’ve done two grows since March, two plants to start - Jack Herer Auto (Fast Buds) and White Widow (Dinafem) 19L/5gal Fabric Pots with Terra Professional soil and the only nutes I gave them was Canna Terra Flores from week 3 or 4 when I saw them start to flower. It was low budget and I realised next grow I’d have to get a bit more serious with the nutrients and additives to get the plants to look and yield as best as they can. I tried doing Low Stress Training on both of them and I feel it contributed to them not growing as big as they could, my technique was also not the best. Still, with all the mistakes they produced some decent sized buds and overall they came out better than I was expecting and a nice little stash is busy curing.

Something to note is when I emptied the fabric pots after chopping both for harvest, their root balls were both pretty small and had hardly used any of the 19L fabric pot space, I’m talking not even a 3rd of the space, I was surprised how little root mass there was. I am now going with smaller 15L fabric pots as after being convinced that the bigger the pot the bigger the yield I think there is something to what’s said about there not being as much time with an auto to fully grow into larger grow bags so it’s a waste of medium and nutrients etc.

My next grow started mid cycle of my first two, they germinated on 420. Sour Diesel (Dinafem), Purple Lemonade (Fast Buds) Pineapple Glue (Advanced Seeds) and Gelato #33 (Advanced Seeds). I used all the Canna Products listed below and tried the LST again. The plants definitely grew faster, bigger, stronger and larger than the last two but still not as big as I was expecting, two got knocked over by my dogs so they are not performing well and both quite stunted but are still giving a nice bit of bud and I'm learning from them on if/how they recover and when to possibly pull them or not etc.

My feed schedule for the current grow I started the Flores nutes at week 5, but the feed schedule I have below for the upcoming grow has the Terra Flores starting around week 6 because I’ve read a few sources that say as soon as you start using the Flores or Bloom nutes, then the plants stop growing and stretching and put their energy into buds. I want them to stretch a bit more before the buds start filling out so I’m going to hold off on the Flores till week 6ish. Can anyone confirm if this is a good idea?

So onto The Outdoor Fast Buds Four... I’ll start a grow diary when I get growing next week. I’ve got my seeds on the way, all from Fast Buds - Gorilla Cookies, Blue Dream’matic, Zkittlez and Six Shooter. A great mix with something for any occasion.

This grow I will not be doing LST, I will probably tie down the side branches to let in a bit more light, but no serious bending and manipulating etc as I think it actually held my last previous plants back (Again, this is probably more because of my technique, I will try again next years grow season but I want to end this season on a high! These will all grow in their natural Xmas tree shape.

If you’ve made it this far through my waffle, thank you, I’m actually now getting to my main question which is about my feed/water schedule…

I have read the official Canna Terra feeding chart and adjusted the amounts to accommodate for the Autoflower genetics as I know they are less tolerant of lots of nutes. Is the below product list and feed schedule on the right track? Is there anything that should be tweaked, added or removed? Note that I already have all this so I’m not going to change brands etc, I’ve been using the full canna line since my first grow and feel comfortable with the products.

I have the following Products for the grow:
  • Canna Terra Professional Soil
  • Canna Rhizotonic
  • Canna Cannazym
  • Canna Vega
  • Canna Flores
  • Canna PK13/14
  • Black Strap Molasses I feed every other week from week 4.
I feed with every water from week 3 until flush - by week 5 I’m watering every 2-3 days on average and I do follow a proper wet/dry cycle being very careful not to overwater. This is what I have done with my previous two grows and I’ve had no serious issues but if someone has any advice on whether that’s the best way to do it or not I’d be interested to hear other ways?

SEEDLING!! Week 1
  • PH’d water
  • Rhizotonic: 4ml/1L
VEG!! Week 2 (Day 7-10)
  • PH’d water
Week 2 (Day 11-14)
  • Canna Vega: 1ml/1L
VEG!! Week 3
  • Ph Water
  • Cannazym: 2.5ml/1L
  • Canna Vega: 1.5ml/1L
VEG!! Week 4
  • Ph Water
  • Blackstrap Molasses: 1tsp-5ml/1L
  • Rhizotonic: 2ml/1L
  • Canna Vega: 2ml/1L
VEG/PRE-FLOWER!! Week 5
  • Ph Water
  • Cannazym: 2.5ml1L
  • Canna Vega: 2.5ml/1L
***KEEP CHECKING AND NOTING VERTICAL GROWTH TO DETERMINE SWAP TO FLOWER NUTES!!! Start too early and vertical growth will slow/stop!!

VEG/PRE-FLOWER!! Week 6
  • Ph Water
  • Canna Vega: 2.5ml/1L
  • ???ONLY TOWARDS MID TO END OF WEEK??? - Canna Flores 1ml/1L (Check vertical growth, if it’s slowing then start Canna Flores)
***KEEP CHECKING AND NOTING VERTICAL GROWTH TO DETERMINE SWAP TO FLOWER NUTES!!! Start too early and vertical growth will slow/stop!!

FLOWER!! Week 7
  • Ph Water
  • Canna Flores: 1.5ml/1L
FLOWER!! Week 8
  • Ph Water
  • Canna Flores: 2ml/1L
  • ??? Canna PK13/14: 0.75-1ml/1L (Time this right to be 3 weeks before harvest depending on Strain and for one week only - Careful with the amount as can overdo it easily - Possibly adjust Canna Flores to 1.5ml/1L to allow for the Canna PK 13/14)
FLOWER!! Week 9
  • Ph Water
  • Canna Flores: 2ml/1L
  • ??? Canna PK13/14: 0.75-1ml/1L (Time this right to be 3 weeks before harvest depending on Strain and for one week only - Careful with the amount as can overdo it)
FLOWER/FLUSH!! Week 10
  • Ph Water
FLUSH!! Week 11
  • Ph Water
FLUSH!! Week 12
  • Ph water

I know each grow is different but I’m hoping some of you can confirm or help adjust my plans above. Any helpful advice will be really appreciated. I want to get these ladies big and beautiful. I realise growing outside is not a perfect environment but I know where I live conditions are sunny, warm and consistent enough to grow some quality weed.

I think that’s about it...

Cheers...

Last edited:
hi growbro nice to meet you i grow indoor in the uk in coco so i cant help you but I'm pretty sure somebody can assist you i was just saying hello but we have plenty of outdoor folks who do

Hey St. Tom. Thanks for the hello and welcome. I've learned so much from the AFN community already so I'm sure there are some on here that can help and advise.

Back