Dutch Passion NEW strain: Dutch Passion Auto Banana Blaze

Just thought I'd update. I partially chopped 2 days ago, I took off about 8 of the biggest colas, this has hardly dented her. :drool: I took those with 50 to 65% orange pistils, milky trichomes. So this is an early harvest, just for the sake of experimenting. Watered her today, she has recovered well from the chop. While watering, she is still drinking a fair bit, I noticed a small side bud cutting had fallen into the pot from the chop. It was dry, only shaded by canopy. So, as crude as this was dried, I smoked a bowl .... :biggrin: :smokeit:it would have been rude not to, I am really pleased with this early cut. :smoking: Remaining buds getting fat and denser daily. Scaffolding needed perhaps.
20201204_115854.jpg 20201204_115943.jpg 20201204_115647.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd update. I partially chopped 2 days ago, I took off about 8 of the biggest colas, this has hardly dented her. :drool: I took those with 50 to 65% orange pistils, milky trichomes. So this is an early harvest, just for the sake of experimenting. Watered her today, she has recovered well from the chop. While watering, she is still drinking a fair bit, I noticed a small side bud cutting had fallen into the pot from the chop. It was dry, only shaded by canopy. So, as crude as this was dried, I smoked a bowl .... :biggrin: :smokeit:it would have been rude not to, I am really pleased with this early cut. :smoking: Remaining buds getting fat and denser daily. Scaffolding needed perhaps.
View attachment 1261159 View attachment 1261162 View attachment 1261161
iv been thinking about early harvesting lately iv done it a few times on different strains with mixed success i tend to find anything with skunk#1 or Afghani genes in them are able to be harvested a bit early compared to some OG crosses iv tried they dont seem to be as potent when taken early compared to the others no idea why this is the case just what iv noticed

iv been thinking about early harvesting lately iv done it a few times on different strains with mixed success i tend to find anything with skunk#1 or Afghani genes in them are able to be harvested a bit early compared to some OG crosses iv tried they dont seem to be as potent when taken early compared to the others no idea why this is the case just what iv noticed

This makes sense to me as early harvesting tends to enhance the sativa effects of the plant so I can see that OG strains wouldn't benefit much from an early harvest as they are mostly couch-lock. If that makes any sense.

This makes sense to me as early harvesting tends to enhance the sativa effects of the plant so I can see that OG strains wouldn't benefit much from an early harvest as they are mostly couch-lock. If that makes any sense.
thats cool iv never heard that but it makes sense to me :pass:

iv been thinking about early harvesting lately iv done it a few times on different strains with mixed success i tend to find anything with skunk#1 or Afghani genes in them are able to be harvested a bit early compared to some OG crosses iv tried they don't seem to be as potent when taken early compared to the others no idea why this is the case just what iv noticed

I think the THC production is in its rawest form when all trichomes are milky, it degrades once the trichomes start turning Amber from clear. I've found it really difficult to see use the Trichome method so I am experimenting by watching leaves, pistils, calyx size, water intake. I am flushing her and she just seems to be doing all the right things. I don't know much about genetics, but am getting much more confident on my growing techniques. This is my third grow.

I think the THC production is in its rawest form when all trichomes are milky, it degrades once the trichomes start turning Amber from clear. I've found it really difficult to see use the Trichome method so I am experimenting by watching leaves, pistils, calyx size, water intake. I am flushing her and she just seems to be doing all the right things. I don't know much about genetics, but am getting much more confident on my growing techniques. This is my third grow.

I don't remember were I read/heard but I've also heard that this is even more important with autoflowers and their peak potency? To harvest them within that "sweet spot" window? Can any of you more experienced auto growers comment on this?

I don't remember were I read/heard but I've also heard that this is even more important with autoflowers and their peak potency? To harvest them within that "sweet spot" window? Can any of you more experienced auto growers comment on this?

I think the 'sweet spot' depends on individual taste/requirements. An early harvest will give a narcotic heady uplifting high, mid harvest would give somewhere in between, and a late harvest would be preference if wanting lower THC levels and higher CBD say for pain and anxiety management and heavy relaxation.

@GreenMonkeyGrows & @Trichome farmer So here's the final yield, feeling pretty happy.... an unexpected 340g stemless bud, dried. Most of the buds are firm, but there was some popcorn on the lower stems. I think there is about an ounce that will be best for cooking with, the rest is looking just right. Roll on 2nd week January...these buds should be cured to perfection :D So this was my third grow, just the one plant and I almost netted 13 oz dry, and I harvested early, there is no way I would NOT grow this strain again, it's been a breeze.

20201210_161235.jpg

Last edited:
Woot! Great job @Dory. I think that would be a great strain for cooking myself and I don't cook that often. Enjoy! :pass:

Woot! Great job @Dory. I think that would be a great strain for cooking myself and I don't cook that often. Enjoy! :pass:
Cheers! So I am partial to making butter.... and baking brownies... but since it's almost that time of year, think some special mince pies are in order :biggrin: :xmas:

Back