Mephisto Genetics New Website Test Info and FAQ

New site looks quantum leaps better @stan_mephisto. Like the interactive guide as well. You guys are on the right track.

Edit: using Edge and Brave. Purchased digital promo code and everything seems to work. Received and downloaded code. Order confirmation email received. Thanks!

One thing: if you don't have a (new) account yet it takes you there but then you have to go back through the purchase sequence after account set up (or at least I did). Maybe make that flow better. IMHO, etc

Last edited:
Also, does new account set up automatically enroll you in the newsletter or is that a separate registration? Apologies if previously answered.

This, however will also mean that you guys from Canada/EU/UK/WW can’t yet get on the new page!

ProtonVPN lets this Canukistanian visit any pages anywhere! Bwahahahahah! :)
canadian.gif

:peace:

Website Test FAQ: It’s long but read it, it’s important!

Dear Mephheads,

After some months of hard work and a heap of internal testing we’re finally able to unleash our new webpage to the masses.

We will go live on Monday the 23rd at 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific time.

Apart from browsing, you’ll be able to do a few things! You can make a user account, sign up for the newsletter and checkout a product.

You will be able to add to cart and checkout a ZERO cost ($0.00) digital product. This will allow you to download a pdf containing a 10% discount code to use when the store goes live with the first real opening.

On Monday the 23rd, we WON’T have any seeds for sale, but we would like to simulate a shop opening to test that the page is secure and doesn’t crash. So, we would really appreciate it if as many Mephheads as possible can check out our new page.

We have a completely new newsletter system and due to the headaches experienced by many with the old, we haven’t copied over any data or old subscriber lists. So we would appreciate it if you would sign up again.

Setting up a new user account on the test opening will facilitate easier shopping for you at our next opening.

This test opening is for the US ONLY. Once we have a successful first try with the US, we will repeat the same process for Canada and the UK stores etc.

Please stay patient if you are not based in the US, we will soon be open again for everyone.

Thanks,

Mitch and Tim

FAQ – Test opening

Why is it US ONLY?

The US store has by far and away the most users/traffic/purchases and was the most problematic in the past. So if this works without issue we can start to rollout the other smaller stores using the same process.

All subsequent regions will be able to obtain the discount code for their first opening with seeds.

I’m based in Canada/EU/UK/WW and I’m really curious to see the new page, but once I try to go on the US page I am redirected to my local page. How can I have a sneak peak?

In our new webpage we have geolocation-based redirect system integrated, because previously we had too many problems with customers trying to order on the US page and at check-out they couldn’t select their country. This, however will also mean that you guys from Canada/EU/UK/WW can’t yet get on the new page! But as mentioned above, once the test is successfully completed for the US, we will create new stores for the other regions. Please stay patient we promise we will be back soon for everyone.

We know of course it’s possible to circumnavigate the geolocation-based redirect system, however, If non-US customers get on the page, PLEASE DON’T make a user account, or subscribe to the newsletter. This will only cause problems for YOU in the future, as the newsletter is also setup and grouped geographically, and so you run the risk of not being subscribed or receiving newsletters not relevant to yourself going forward.

Why is it a scheduled reveal of the new page and not just live already?

We DO NOT want this new site to be a baptism of fire for ourselves or you. We want people to be able to sign up correctly with no pressure and make sure all your i’s are dotted and t’s crossed, to again avoid future problems.

Why are there no seeds on sale?

Because we want to stress test the system first before we do a normal opening to prevent any hiccups concerning the customer accounts and check-out process.

Are the strains under the ‘next Monday drop section’ the strains which are actually on sale for the next Monday opening?

No, we will send out as usual the Friday before a live opening a newsletter and repost on our social channels, with the upcoming seeds for sale and update the webpage again. We now just chose those strain pictures, because those are the first pictures from our new in-house photographer, they are styled with our new design and we wanted to show off his first work . Give him a follow on Insta if you like his work! @kalepa_grows

When do you have seeds on sale again?

Once we have done the test opening in the US, all being well we will go back to our Mephisto Monday openings.

How will I receive my discount code?

Please purchase the product ‘Digital discount code’ at no cost. Once the checkout is done, you will be able the download a pdf with the discount code.

Do I need to create a new user account?

Yes, we are not copying any data over from the old system to start with a clean slate and also not to risk any data privacy breach.

Why do I need to create a new user account? I can’t do guest check out for the discount code.

Previously we had the problem that customers would enter the wrong details in a rush situation with the drops, and we had then later to correct the data. So, with everyone setting up their account with the test opening, it will make it easier and quicker for you to check out the following opening when we have seeds back on sale.

I had previously subscribed to the newsletter. Do I need to subscribe again?

Yes, please subscribe again. We are not copying over data from the old system and are starting fresh!

I have subscribed to the newsletter, but I am not receiving anything.

Please don’t use a VPN when signing up for the newsletter. Once you signed up you will receive a confirmation email with a link, then click on the link in the email to confirm your newsletter subscription. Please check out all your folders, promotions, junk, spam incase the confirmation gets filtered there.

If after checking the above you don’t have a confirmation, please email info@mephistogenetics.com so we can check on our end.

Where is the new strain guide?

Now we have a new interactive strain guide that allows you to filter our strains using the parameters that suit your needs, with more information right on the product card. We are also currently working on a new strain guide in PDF version for you to download which will be released once we’ve finished all the work for the webpages.

Where should I give feedback on the new site?

If anyone experiences any technical difficulties with the site, it would be super useful if you could provide us with the following details for us to investigate.

1.) what device are you using, mobile/tablet/desktop/laptop

2.) what browser?

3.) where on the site and what was the issue exactly? - a screenshot as well as a description would be extra helpful.

If the above information could please be emailed to info@mephistogenetics.com that would be grand!

Also any input, any spelling mistakes or suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Cheers from everyone at Mephisto Genetics!
Thanks for the informative and thorough update. Good luck with the new setup, I hope it works well for both you and us stoner customers. :goodluck:

Also, does new account set up automatically enroll you in the newsletter or is that a separate registration? Apologies if previously answered.

I believe you still need to sign up for the NL. Its all the way at the bottom of the page

Hey MephHeads,

The team just wanted to thank everyone who participated in our website test yesterday. We put a lot of work into the new site and are pleased with the progress. We are going to take the feedback we received and make some final changes before we go live with sellable product. We will post another update on social and with the new Newsletter for the next store opening.

Bellow is a message from our new web dev, along with his portion of the Meet the Team.

Thanks Everyone

MG Team

Hey MephHeads! Adam here - I’m behind the new Mephisto rebrand and website rebuild. First of all, I want to thank all of the USA customers for participating in the test-launch and providing valuable feedback. It’s super cool to see the community behind this company and how active and involved you are.

I met the Meph team through my older brother Gabriel, who runs a wonderful CBD products company called PlantsNotPills, and was super excited to be asked to help Mephisto fix their website calamities and build a new brand aesthetic. They’re a charm to work with. With a successful test behind us, so far so good! We’re now working on small fixes/optimizations, a bunch of sleek animations and getting the stores set up on the other locations. Stay tuned for more updates. If you have any specific ideas for the site, feel free to drop them below.

For anyone out there that is looking for help with their digital presence, my company is called Round Trip (www.roundtrip.agency). We specialize in helping businesses of all sizes get their digital game on point - from complex websites to marketing campaigns. Feel free to hit me up via the site (although I’m super busy with Mephisto for the next few months).

Again, big thanks to all. Keep the feedback coming!

-Adam

Just a heads up. Your countdown clock on website is going to countdown until 12 noon no matter the individuals timezone as it's currently configured. So for me on east coast the drop isn't till 3 PM. But countdown is for noon my time. Maybe your web guys can tweak this real was quick?

Last edited:
So for me on east coast the drop isn't till 3 PM. But countdown is for noon my time.
Shot in the dark here... The old drops were at 12PM (Noon) EST, so maybe it's still set to that time frame.

Back