New Grower Newbie 2nd Grow needs help

Reaction score
Hi There
Borrowed cheap LED for 1st grow (2 autos) & used Miracle Gro - results not good
2nd Grow of 4 autos going well with healthy Girl Scout Cookie up to week 5 - now end of week 7

photo from 10 days ago, two photos from 3 days ago, one yesterday shows progression of problem to now sad state

Most big fan leaves shriveled up & starting to fall off
Stems on 3 of the flowering autos have all been turning purple (4th auto is still vegging)
Air Pot seems heavier last 3 days when the problem really took hold?

It would be just amazing to get help & a solution to this problem
2021-06-12 GSC.jpg
2021-06-19 GSC.jpg
2021-06-21 GSC.jpg
2021-06-21 GSC1a.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional info:
Mars Hydro 3x3 grow tent, Mars Hydro FC3000 LED, PrimaKlima exhaust fan, carbon flter & 2 Secret Jardin fans

Temp = 21-26celsius / Humidity = 50-70% / Water = 80%rain & 20%tap
LED = 15 inches above canopy & 18/6 light schedule

17.5 litres soil in 20 litre Air Pot made up of:
Bottom Third: Multipurpose & Rose Compost(50-50), Perlite, Vermiculite, Epsom Salt, Fish-Blood-Bone
Middle Third: same as above without the Fish-Blood-Bone
Top Third: Multipurpose Compost, Mycorrhizal Fungi

Have you been using cal/ma? Have you PH'd your water? some strains will show purple stems and this is normal.

Have you been using cal/ma? Have you PH'd your water? some strains will show purple stems and this is normal.
Thanks for replying. Have not been using CalMag & on my 1st grow the stems were not purple. for the GSC. I have only been adding 80%rain & 20% tap water. Felt that would get me between 6.0-6.5 as I do not have a ph meter as yet.

i would remove all the bottom yellow bad foliage then flush with ph correct cal/mag water then feed bloom nutes.This might help but it might take a week or more to kick in.You need phosphorous and potasium for bloom phaze.

i would remove all the bottom yellow bad foliage then flush with ph correct cal/mag water then feed bloom nutes.This might help but it might take a week or more to kick in.You need phosphorous and potasium for bloom phaze.
Thank You again. I will do that ASAP

Hi There
Borrowed cheap LED for 1st grow (2 autos) & used Miracle Gro - results not good
2nd Grow of 4 autos going well with healthy Girl Scout Cookie up to week 5 - now end of week 7

photo from 10 days ago, two photos from 3 days ago, one yesterday shows progression of problem to now sad state

Most big fan leaves shriveled up & starting to fall off
Stems on 3 of the flowering autos have all been turning purple (4th auto is still vegging)
Air Pot seems heavier last 3 days when the problem really took hold?

It would be just amazing to get help & a solution to this problemView attachment 1333860View attachment 1333861View attachment 1333862View attachment 1333863

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional info:
Mars Hydro 3x3 grow tent, Mars Hydro FC3000 LED, PrimaKlima exhaust fan, carbon flter & 2 Secret Jardin fans

Temp = 21-26celsius / Humidity = 50-70% / Water = 80%rain & 20%tap
LED = 15 inches above canopy & 18/6 light schedule

17.5 litres soil in 20 litre Air Pot made up of:
Bottom Third: Multipurpose & Rose Compost(50-50), Perlite, Vermiculite, Epsom Salt, Fish-Blood-Bone
Middle Third: same as above without the Fish-Blood-Bone
Top Third: Multipurpose Compost, Mycorrhizal Fungi
Stratifying soil is the first problem here. The physics in how water behaves in soil demonstrates that each time water meets a new "strata" it will stop there until the soil above it is saturated then it will move to the next layer and do the same. By the time the water reaches the last layer it may have completely dried and become hydrophobic. If that has happened roots there die and so do the organisms.

To fix this mix a large bucket or your tub with PH water a little bit of yucca powder and Botainicare HydroGuard or Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide and bottom feed that pot as deep as you can up to almost the top of the soil if you can. Let it soak until you are certain it is totally saturated.

Then every time you water or fertigate Make sure to include some Yucca Powder. You may need to poke a stick to make a few holes through the soil layers to break the stratification.

That is an unknown recipe for cannabis soil?

Stratifying soil is the first problem here. The physics in how water behaves in soil demonstrates that each time water meets a new "strata" it will stop there until the soil above it is saturated then it will move to the next layer and do the same. By the time the water reaches the last layer it may have completely dried and become hydrophobic. If that has happened roots there die and so do the organisms.

To fix this mix a large bucket or your tub with PH water a little bit of yucca powder and Botainicare HydroGuard or Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide and bottom feed that pot as deep as you can up to almost the top of the soil if you can. Let it soak until you are certain it is totally saturated.

Then every time you water or fertigate Make sure to include some Yucca Powder. You may need to poke a stick to make a few holes through the soil layers to break the stratification.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try to source & use the potential remedies you propose

Thank You again. I will do that ASAP
[/QU

Hi Again
If the plant's infection goes & start being healthy again, do you think that it would be completely safe/healthy to use in your opinion?

Nutrient problems do not affect the wholesomeness of the crop just the quality. Mold is the biggest potential problem for wholesomeness.

Back