Show Grows 2023 Newman Tests RotBlock

I was holding the scope by hand, so bear with the photo quality but it’s 100% mold unfortunately
View attachment 1613592
Wait those aren’t amber trichomes! :haha:
View attachment 1613591
View attachment 1613589
View attachment 1613590
TBH the buds are just in early flower and RotBlock couldn’t protect skimpy airy buds, I’m sure it would do nothing in thick close to harvest buds.
I wonder when they were testing this product, what environmental stress was the limit for its functionality? I.E. totally theoretical but if a bud would rot at 60% humidity under standard conditions, do they reckon I could push to 65% safely with RotBlock applied? If you had scientific backing that proved functionality for an increased allowable relative humidity in flower what would the amount be? If there was scientifically viable results it would be published and touted

Looks like resin. But, I'll take your word on it. If it is mold, what type?

We don't do anything against PM and have consistently stated that.

I'd guess user error here. If it wasn't applied ahead of pathogen occurrence, we will not get rid of it. Product works via spatial occupation. If it's applied correctly, it will protect against bud rot. That's it.

There are ample testers in other threads here who had higher humidity than yours.

Lastly, there is ample evidence in scientific literature regarding high humidity and this particular organism.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs...were the main,T ave, and T ave90 for C. rosea.

Original Articles

Relationships of microclimatic variables to colonization of rose debris by Botrytis cinerea and the biocontrol agent Clonostachys rosea

M. A. B. Morandi
L. A. Maffia
E. S. G. Mizubuti
A. C. Alfenas
J. G. Barbosa
&
C. D. Cruz
Pages 619-630 | Received 08 Jul 2005, Published online: 18 Jan 2007

The performance of the organism at high humidity has been rigorously studied, and published. The evidence is in the scientific literature. It has been published. Feel free to look it up at your leisure.

Thanks for your time. Good luck with your grow

Looks like resin
:woody: You can see the mold spores and a professional in your field should be able to spot the difference between mold on a stringy strand and the beautiful structure of a trichome in that picture and have the gumption to admit it
If it is mold, what type?
I’m a stoner not a Mycologist, but maybe you should research it because your product is defeated by this mold which I would classify as common budrot
I'd guess user error here. If it wasn't applied ahead of pathogen occurrence
Weak attempt to belittle my test of your product. It was applied 10 days ago. My update on Monday had no mold and the photographed cola is the same as the moldy one pictured. This is the value of a documented test. I know there was no mold actively growing when the product was applied, I know the product was applied as directed, I know that my weed molded 9 days later, I know RotBlock doesn’t work and feel like it may have made things worse as without application my buds would have never been directly wetted.
21AFC20A-7B83-488F-BB8B-7074703292DF.jpeg
2903DC68-578D-4F93-B9D1-52CF5AACA482.jpeg
9913275C-B0D1-4BFC-96C0-218E3D3F2D60.jpeg

RotBlock = Snake Oil
:pass:

Botrytis Cinerea would be my guess at species
1AF698BC-5FBB-4BE1-B34A-5984766728D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Has worked fine on a ton of other growers just on this site, plus thousands of acres in field trials on many different crop types & many different environments.

Plus has tons of academic backing. But ok man, shrugs. You do you.

If you have 10 plants, & 1 bud on 1 has botrytis, then I’d assume it worked fine. 🤷‍♀️

Good luck with your grow

Last edited:
@Newman’sOwn
I think your problem was late application. I started applying this product very early stage with weekly applications before flower began.
The only problem I had was from bug infestation, little silly tiny spiders making webs in my buds, caused any problems. I was able to cut away the bad and it did not progress to the rest of the bud.
I didn't get the product until my outdoor grow had already started . In my only outdoor grow, all my autos just got plain ate up with it! My two Asian haze girls were the only ones that survived because they flowered at a later date.

To be honest with you, I don't think anything could prevent mold in that place setup with the light deprivation. I think maybe the addition oven exhaust fan during that time will keep that humidity spike down a bit more.
At 8AM, it's 84 degrees right now and 86% humidity!:face:Great growing weather, huh?:deadhorse:

, I don't think anything could prevent mold in that place setup with the light deprivation. I think maybe the addition oven exhaust fan during that time will keep that humidity spike down a bit more.
My exhaust fan does nothing when the intake is this
6A35B933-578E-4865-9440-42F9AB7D580E.png

Since chopping the whole greenhouse down from the mold the light dep hasn’t been happening and this is the stats for last night
900FC4BD-882C-4627-B8BA-896A68BB8AA0.jpeg

All gone
815D93EF-6DB1-45E8-A5F9-882FBFD0DDE6.jpeg

My exhaust fan does nothing when the intake is this
View attachment 1614865
Since chopping the whole greenhouse down from the mold the light dep hasn’t been happening and this is the stats for last night View attachment 1614866
All goneView attachment 1614867
Well, those weather conditions look familiar!:face:

I've seen the product's capabilities first hand, but I don't think it could do a thing with those conditions.
That's pretty crazy! Moving air can only do so much.

Well I think since the application timeframe is in question I am going to continue to apply RotBlock to the outdoor Smell of Success that is still in Veg and has had one application. rain today so I will apply tomorrow in the morning while she is still wet and then Weekly thereafter until harvest. I will do my best to give a good grow and show for the product and a second chance as I am a part of the cultivators club and it’s my responsibility to give it the good college try and live up to the task of testing all the material. Sorry for being tough on the product @Phyter shit is stressful when plants go down like that. Mostly don’t want to ruin your opinion on AFN as the club is filled with good people. It was only a few plants just keep swimming

Back