Indoor NL Auto-1-plant-grow transition to AutoCob and MegaCrop.

You are 100% right. I can wait. I won't make the mistake that I made on the last harvest.
You want more amber for sure. But if your starting to see amber it's a good time to flush for 2 weeks in soil or 3 to 5 days in hydroponics, if your in hydroponics don't start the flush for 7 to 10 ten days then start it. Let her go a bit longer and she will reward you better for all your hard work. Patience is the hardest part to learn. And timing when to start flushing and when to harvest them. Got a whole plant pic?

You want more amber for sure. But if your starting to see amber it's a good time to flush for 2 weeks in soil or 3 to 5 days in hydroponics, if your in hydroponics don't start the flush for 7 to 10 ten days then start it. Let her go a bit longer and she will reward you better for all your hard work. Patience is the hardest part to learn. And timing when to start flushing and when to harvest them. Got a whole plant pic?
I'll have to get one later on today, I don't have a full plant pic at the moment. As for flushing, I was going to not flush. I've got this one hooked up to a two autopot system and don't see a way to flush one. I also wonder if flushing is one of those myths (since it has it's own "myth" thread in that section of the forum) so I was going to forgo the flushing. I've read the arguments for both and I'm not convinced that it's necessary.

I'll have to get one later on today, I don't have a full plant pic at the moment. As for flushing, I was going to not flush. I've got this one hooked up to a two autopot system and don't see a way to flush one. I also wonder if flushing is one of those myths (since it has it's own "myth" thread in that section of the forum) so I was going to forgo the flushing. I've read the arguments for both and I'm not convinced that it's necessary.

You don't have to flush but you don't want fresh nutes in stems. I just water mine a couple days before chop and it's good. With it being shared rez i would unhook that one and hand water if possible.

You don't have to flush but you don't want fresh nutes in stems. I just water mine a couple days before chop and it's good. With it being shared rez i would unhook that one and hand water if possible.
Ahhh...that I can do.
Here is what the whole plant looks like as of this morning.
IMG_4563.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg
IMG_4562.jpg

I've read people think that too about flushing. Yeah there's the argument that it might not be needed, But from my point of view. What if you are smoking nutrients? That can't be good for you. You feed a plant it's whole life and I know for a fact I've smoked other people's buds that had that chemical taste and harsh on the lungs. For that reason I believe in flushing, and that it is not going to hurt anything at all, when your flushing in soil especially it needs to get done. Soil holds nutrients and stores it why it's recommended to do a 2 week flush in soil. As your flushing soil your plants are still using up the nutrients that are left in the soil for most of the flush. Basically what your doing is slowly leaching them excess nutes out that she doesn't need anymore. There's 2 sides of the fence. I choose to flush cuz I want the best tasting weed and cleanest on my lungs and body and health.

I've read people think that too about flushing. Yeah there's the argument that it might not be needed, But from my point of view. What if you are smoking nutrients? That can't be good for you. You feed a plant it's whole life and I know for a fact I've smoked other people's buds that had that chemical taste and harsh on the lungs. For that reason I believe in flushing, and that it is not going to hurt anything at all, when your flushing in soil especially it needs to get done. Soil holds nutrients and stores it why it's recommended to do a 2 week flush in soil. As your flushing soil your plants are still using up the nutrients that are left in the soil for most of the flush. Basically what your doing is slowly leaching them excess nutes out that she doesn't need anymore. There's 2 sides of the fence. I choose to flush cuz I want the best tasting weed and cleanest on my lungs and body and health.
It's damn near impossible to flush nutes out of soil. Also when you starve a plant it is eating the nutrients stored in leaves and roots so that's why everyone does the plain water a couple times and chop. But I agree if you keep feeding it makes for a harsh nasty nutrient taste. But then again my flush usually last two weeks because i flood soil twice before chop which takes two weeks anyway in 5 gal container.

Your first grow? Nice job!

:bighug:

Your first grow? Nice job!

:bighug:
yes, the NL was my first plant but I credit the Octopot with my success. That made 90% of the tech stuff easy....watering and nutes. On my current grow with the Autopots I'm not as thrilled.

I'm going to shut down for a while and when I start back up i'm going to the octopots again.

Well...the NL auto is drying as of last wed. I hung the entire plant but trimmed the big fan leaves off.
The room is 63 deg at between 58% and 65% humidity and I have a fan blowing at the opposite wall to keep some air flow going.

So far they aren't dry yet.

The Auto blueberry is very close to finishing too; I just checked the trich's and they are almost all cloudy (with some scattered clear ones) it's at 88 days and the seedbank said 65-70 days of flower and so I'm about a week out from what they say and I'm sure that I'll have to add a week or two to that.

I have a pretty severe nitrogen deficiency going at this point but the buds are huge and dense and don't seem to care.
IMG_4685.jpg
IMG_4686.jpg

Photo on 1-5-19 at 2.06 AM.jpg

Ok...jarring day for the NL auto!
Born = 9-24-18
Harvested = 1-2-19
Jarred up = 1=9-19

I ended up getting 2.4 oz of larger buds and 1.5 oz of popcorn and smokable trim.
That's about what I expected.

I'm leaving the Boveda packs out this time just to see what effect it has on smell and taste.
I did put a hygrometer in one jar and it's holding steady...not shooting up out of range.

IMG_4704.jpg

Last edited:
Back