Indoor Nomis' SP-3000 Twisted Tree Auto Grow

nomis

Qualified Live Stoner
Reaction score
Hey there folks!
I haven't posted in a while, but lately I've got the urge to grow some autos, and where better to do it than AFN?

I'm growing three Twisted Tree strains:
Crinkle Cut - "Seed to harvest in 65 days. Quick flowering and highly resinous, yields 1.5 - 2 oz's per plant. Small plants that are well suited for a sea of green style grow."
Lemon OG - "Seed to harvest in 70-80 days. Lemon, pine, earthy terpenes, 2-3 oz on a medium sized plant, 24-36 inches"
Mystery Seed? - "Seed to harvest 65-85 days. A true mystery mix. As I consume and test flowers I save the seeds in one place, they are a mix of everything I've done."

Gear:
Mars Hydro SP3000 LED Lighting - First time using this light, upgrading from an older MH green reflector type and an even older UFO type light.
2x4ft tent
2.5G/8.4 liter air pots
Generic seed starting mix
Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil with added perlite
Bottled and maybe tap water

Extras:
Fox Farm Big Bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7
Earth Juice CalMag(3-1) 3-0-0
Fox Farm tomato fertilizer 5-7-3
and/or Garden Tone Veg 3-4-4

Timeline up to now:
I've filled the pots with the FF soil and made small cup sized planting holes filled with seed starting mix, and planted the germed seeds.
After 3 days all plants had broken through the soil and standing tall:
View attachment 1362741
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg

Over the next few days I'm misting the soil and add a couple oz's of water to keep things moist.
I have the lights running roughly 18/6, manually turned on in the morning and off at night.
Tent temps are in the high 90's... I completely forgot to consider that it gets hot upstairs during the day. Night temps aren't much better.
By day 6 I moved the grow downstairs into the main living area where it's cooler.

03.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg

Week 2 saw better temps and I've been playing around with the LED dimming setting. I've got it set to 30% right now and will turn it up as more leaves appear.

01.jpg

01.jpg

tbc...

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 29
And that brings us into week 3 day 16, First 'real' watering of roughly .3 gallon per pot. Crinkle and Mystery plants needed help standing tall. Mystery is curving quite a bit but otherwise pushing out leaves and thickening the stem. Temps during the day are running about 78f and peaking at 82.

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

01.jpg

And that's about it for now. I'm glad to be back in action and looking forward to growing with you gals and guys!
:vibe:

:welcome:Welcome back @nomis .

Back in the saddle again.:pass:

Day 20 - The plants are starting to drink a bit, fed 1/2 gallon of plain water each plant. I see a few bugs flying around the tent so applied some diatomaceous earth powder. I have the tent half opened due to temperature, so the light could be attracting bugs I suppose. We'll see.
Plants are adding leaves and looking good.
:pimp:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Day 24 - Plants are filling out nicely, watered today with about 1/3 gallon per plant with some CalMag juice added in. I should have been adding calmag earlier in the routine as I'm seeing some deficiency on a couple of leaves, but I think it's early enough that it'll work out fine. There's plenty of Nitrogen in the soil and the CalMag juice also has N in it, but the plants should hopefully gobble it all up in the next week or two while they fill out and up. My insect issues don't appear to come from the soil, rather with the tent half open the MH SP-3000 attracts all the riff raff. I'm going to get some mosquito dunk bits just to be sure, and also source a mosquito net to drape over the tent I think.

01.jpg
04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg

:vibe:

Last edited:
Day 26 - Plants are drinking more and pushing out new growth, and i see pistols forming on all 3. I soaked a few spoonfuls of mosquito bits in the water overnight, then fed each plant .5 gallon w/ .5 teaspoon Big Bloom, no calmag this round. Also topped each main cola. Will check em tomorrow and maybe turn the lights up a bit. Tent temps 75-80.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Week 5 - Day 29 - All three plants drinking heavily. Added roughly 4 tablespoons tomato fertilizer (5-7-3) to the top soil layer and watered .66 gallon per plant with calmag & soaked mosquito bits.

Main cola toppings look good, here's the last 3 days of Crinkle Cut development:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

01.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Weel 6 - Day 36 - Plants are drinking .75 gallon per day now, using a bit of big bloom and calnmag. Soaked in mosquito bits again, and using mosquito netting to shield from the house bugs. It's still too hot over here, but these these girls don't seem to mind much and get some cooler airflow at night now. The plants are starting to show some differences. The mystery plant is popping out flowers all over while Crinkle Cut is growing taller and a few days behind on flower. Lemon OG is right between the two, and producing a more even mix of flower and foliage.

01b.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg
02.jpg

05.jpg

Day 40 - Lots of plant growth the last few days, still drinking .5 gallon a day. I posted earlier .75 but that was in error. Top dressed with some 3-4-4 dry vegetable fert mixed in with some fresh Ocean Forrest soil. Temps are in the mid 80's and I've been playing around with the dimmer settings on the light, currently set to ~65% or 200w. Crinkle Cut on the right is looking a bit tired, but otherwise growing nicely.

01.jpg

Topping update: Seems consistent with general plant growth, Mystery plant colas are stretching out, while Lemon OG is staying shorter, with Crinkle somewhere in between.
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

Back