Reaction score
100_1542 (2).JPG
100_1537.JPG

SeedBank : Mephisto

Strain: Northern Cheese Haze

Did it autoflower?: Yes

Soil/hydro: 60% Happy Frog/ 40% Ocean Forest in a 5 gal fabric pot

Nutes:
Nothing other than the soil....that was a mistake, as you can see with the low yield.

Light (kind and schedule): 18/6 using a 4 x 4 tent and 400w HPS

From seed to harvest date: 69 days

Dry Yield: 33 g

High/Effect Duration: Uplifting and crushing at the same time. Plan on doing some sitting if you take more than one hit. I had a perma-grin after a morning smoke session of 4 hits and got nothing done for 2 hrs.

RATE SCALE: (*) = bad, to (*****) = great

BAG APPEAL: **** Three and a half stars due to most of the buds being small...lots of trichs though.

THE GROWTH: ** Didn't use much for nitrogen....even the youngest leaves never dropped or yellowed. The main cola stopped growing and the others grew to catch up....a sativa characteristic? Never showed any deficiencies but was still the runt of the litter. Spindly sativa so a little hard to handle moving around. Pistols receded on day 63...day 69 she had maybe 15-20% amber so I cut her....

THE SMELL: *** Growing her you could smell an undertone of cotton candy that was very nice. After curing this smell turned to sweetness with a very very slight hint of spice...no cheese smell to speak of, that is until you crack a jar of it and smell...then the cheese smell comes through for some reason. Cured there is no cotton candy smell, which sure is a shame....the cheese doesn't really come out in the smoking....mainly a semisweet taste with the slightest spice aftertaste.

THE SMOKE: *** Again, mainly a semisweet taste with the slightest spice aftertaste...good taste overall.

THE HIGH
: ***** Luckily very potent buds as I have come to expect with this breeder. She packs a punch so again don't expect motivation, but there is a high euphoria dimension to this high along with the power, so it makes for a very nice sitting smoke....another positive is no hangover later from the smoke....I was going to say it doesn't stick with you but I am still waiting to sober up at 2:30 after only 2 sessions. One around 8am and the other at 11am....I like the high though!

All in all I am torn on this strain....very high quality smoke, but surprisingly low yield. I take some responsibility for that by not adding nutrients, but she did grow in a 5 gallon pot. If I grow her again I will have to make sure my other plants have a high yield to offset the chance of low yield. I have the feeling the indica pheno of this could yield very nice. I am looking at my pics of this plant and still can't believe I only yielded 33g...she looks like she is holding 1.5-2 oz easy...

Last edited:
Yeah some nutes probably would’ve made a decent difference. I can see that plant putting out over 3 with some fattening up of those colas. Nice job though. Ya got some good smoke still that’s all that matters.

View attachment 831555 View attachment 831554
SeedBank : Mephisto

Strain: Northern Cheese Haze

Did it autoflower?: Yes

Soil/hydro: 60% Happy Frog/ 40% Ocean Forest in a 5 gal fabric pot

Nutes:
Nothing other than the soil....that was a mistake, as you can see with the low yield.

Light (kind and schedule): 18/6 using a 4 x 4 tent and 400w HPS

From seed to harvest date: 69 days

Dry Yield: 33 g

High/Effect Duration: Uplifting and crushing at the same time. Plan on doing some sitting if you take more than one hit. I had a perma-grin after a morning smoke session of 4 hits and got nothing done for 2 hrs.

RATE SCALE: (*) = bad, to (*****) = great

BAG APPEAL: **** Three and a half stars due to most of the buds being small...lots of trichs though.

THE GROWTH: ** Didn't use much for nitrogen....even the youngest leaves never dropped or yellowed. The main cola stopped growing and the others grew to catch up....a sativa characteristic? Never showed any deficiencies but was still the runt of the litter. Spindly sativa so a little hard to handle moving around. Pistols receded on day 63...day 69 she had maybe 15-20% amber so I cut her....

THE SMELL: *** Growing her you could smell an undertone of cotton candy that was very nice. After curing this smell turned to sweetness with a very very slight hint of spice...no cheese smell to speak of, that is until you crack a jar of it and smell...then the cheese smell comes through for some reason. Cured there is no cotton candy smell, which sure is a shame....the cheese doesn't really come out in the smoking....mainly a semisweet taste with the slightest spice aftertaste.

THE SMOKE: *** Again, mainly a semisweet taste with the slightest spice aftertaste...good taste overall.

THE HIGH
: ***** Luckily very potent buds as I have come to expect with this breeder. She packs a punch so again don't expect motivation, but there is a high euphoria dimension to this high along with the power, so it makes for a very nice sitting smoke....another positive is no hangover later from the smoke....I was going to say it doesn't stick with you but I am still waiting to sober up at 2:30 after only 2 sessions. One around 8am and the other at 11am....I like the high though!

All in all I am torn on this strain....very high quality smoke, but surprisingly low yield. I take some responsibility for that by not adding nutrients, but she did grow in a 5 gallon pot. If I grow her again I will have to make sure my other plants have a high yield to offset the chance of low yield. I have the feeling the indica pheno of this could yield very nice. I am looking at my pics of this plant and still can't believe I only yielded 33g...she looks like she is holding 1.5-2 oz easy...

Most excellent report!!! That's what I find with this breeder... Personally... Small plants, but excellent smoke. I too wish the yields were bigger. :pass: Max rep for this report! Thanks for your contribution!

Nice report yeah at least a some super soil. Next time if yield is a concern for you. But economically you got a win. Got a zone plus off soil and a seed.

Thats a win bro...using FoxFarm soil only and pulling 33 grams of dank...Nice Report

That's really not bad at all for just the soil nutes.I just grew one in a 1 gal. pot with a lightly amended coco/super soil mix with some lighter teas and organic feeds that yielded 47 grams of some beautiful NL5/Haze smelling sugar dipped foxtails.It will get redone right next.The big bonus for me is the low odor during most of the grow until the end.

I got 1/2 oz in a 2 gal fabric pot. Not sure of the light output. Used various nutes and a light mix of supersoil. I'm high AF right now from it. Very nice high, after it fully kicks in very strong though, so after a while couchlock. Nice subtle smell, cheesey plus other scents.

Back