One good one / One droopy one

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I started these about 12 days ago. (They aren't AFs, just PP beans I got as freebies with my order from a seed bank. I'm using them for practice, as it's my first grow)

Germed them in root riot cubes in a dome with a heat mat for almost 2 days (80 F / 76% RH in the dome)

Once they popped I moved them to the 4 inch pots of coco with domes (cut the opening of the domes about halfway down to allow for air in , and less humidity
Put them under 100W, 6500K CFL with the bulb about 5 inches from the top of the seedlings
Very, very lightly watered them with tap water aerated over 24 hours (PPM 220)
Room conditions: 77F / 65% RH
(Looking good so far)

After 1.5 days I removed the CFLs and turned on my SF4000 to about 15% intensity using the builit in dimmer (18 on - 6 off light cycle). I postioned the light 25 inches above the seedlings.
With the light on, the coco started to dry faster so I added a little bit more water. I think I may have watered a little too much. The next day, I noticed the one that popped first was starting to droop and even twist towards the end of the leaves. The other looks fine as far as i can tell.
Room condtions: 77F/ 62% RH

What do you folks think: Too much water, too much/no enough light, bad conditions, am I late on feeding nutes (Cal mag, GH Trio)?
Thank you!!!

1st picture - they booth look good
Happy Plants.PNG

2nd picture (worried about the left plant)
One droopy one good.jpg

Hi folks,

I started these about 12 days ago. (They aren't AFs, just PP beans I got as freebies with my order from a seed bank. I'm using them for practice, as it's my first grow)

Germed them in root riot cubes in a dome with a heat mat for almost 2 days (80 F / 76% RH in the dome)

Once they popped I moved them to the 4 inch pots of coco with domes (cut the opening of the domes about halfway down to allow for air in , and less humidity
Put them under 100W, 6500K CFL with the bulb about 5 inches from the top of the seedlings
Very, very lightly watered them with tap water aerated over 24 hours (PPM 220)
Room conditions: 77F / 65% RH
(Looking good so far)

After 1.5 days I removed the CFLs and turned on my SF4000 to about 15% intensity using the builit in dimmer (18 on - 6 off light cycle). I postioned the light 25 inches above the seedlings.
With the light on, the coco started to dry faster so I added a little bit more water. I think I may have watered a little too much. The next day, I noticed the one that popped first was starting to droop and even twist towards the end of the leaves. The other looks fine as far as i can tell.
Room condtions: 77F/ 62% RH

What do you folks think: Too much water, too much/no enough light, bad conditions, am I late on feeding nutes (Cal mag, GH Trio)?
Thank you!!!

1st picture - they booth look good View attachment 1329771

2nd picture (worried about the left plant)
View attachment 1329772
They look like they are very hungry to me! Coco you should be feeding from day one.

Thanks! Hungry for water or nutes?( I was scared of burning them this early)

This morning I mixed up a batch nutes in 2 gallons tap water (PPM 130)
Added: 2ML CalMag and 2 ML Micro,Grow, Bloom each. (PPM up to 190)
Going to PH it in a few hours then feed.

Hopefully this does the trick. Thanks for the advice Mañ'O'Green :toke:

This morning I mixed up a batch nutes in 2 gallons tap water (PPM 130)
Added: 2ML CalMag and 2 ML Micro,Grow, Bloom each. (PPM up to 190)
Going to PH it in a few hours then feed.

Hopefully this does the trick. Thanks for the advice Mañ'O'Green :toke:

I'd ditch the calmag. It plays with the ph too much and any time I've used it, it can seem to cause some minor problems.

Just give them a really light feed with nitrogen and do it every day and they should perk up a bit.

I like to use Vitalink plant start for my seedlings. They love it and grow up very well

I'd ditch the calmag. It plays with the ph too much and any time I've used it, it can seem to cause some minor problems.

Just give them a really light feed with nitrogen and do it every day and they should perk up a bit.

I like to use Vitalink plant start for my seedlings. They love it and grow up very well

Thanks for the tips!
Do you use the vitalink by itself from the day they pop? When do you stop using it and what do you switch to?

I was planning on using calmag and the GH trio all the way through using the charts on the bottles...bad idea?

Thanks for the tips!
Do you use the vitalink by itself from the day they pop? When do you stop using it and what do you switch to?

I was planning on using calmag and the GH trio all the way through using the charts on the bottles...bad idea?

I feed them water for like two days. Then on the third day I use vitalink plantstart until they are around 10 days old. From there, i will go super light on Advanced Nutrients Coco Bloom and work my way up.

PlantStart was created for seedlings. So you can feed from day one too. But, i just soak my coco medium with water until they're 3 days old then I use plantstart

I feed them water for like two days. Then on the third day I use vitalink plantstart until they are around 10 days old. From there, i will go super light on Advanced Nutrients Coco Bloom and work my way up.

PlantStart was created for seedlings. So you can feed from day one too. But, i just soak my coco medium with water until they're 3 days old then I use plantstart

Nice! That sounds like something I'd be into. I was wary about the idea of soaking my cubes in a big bucket of 3 different nutes.

Seems like plantstart is hard to come by in the states. Do you know if the GH rapid start product is about the same or should I bite the bullet and pay the extra shipping?

Yes it will be very similar. Just like Canna Start too

Back