Peat vs Coco Coir

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
This video will make you think. It certainly changed my mind and makes you think about aspects of the mediums we use, that have environmental consequences.

Seems like, if we were serious about halting the destruction of nature, we'd have to turn our backs to technology. Not a very attractive proposition

Seems like, if we were serious about halting the destruction of nature, we'd have to turn our backs to technology. Not a very attractive proposition
More so that the ethical production of resources drops profit margins, which isn't attractive to companies. They know you'll buy it anyways cause its in everything, so why would they change it?

Neat video, thanks @pop22 .

Now if more of you peasants would just die a bit quicker en masse, well, the natural order of things would be just fine again. And why can't I staff my warehouse of misery with robots yet!

Or rather, "if we were serious about halting the destruction of nature, we" should invest and work more on the technology, get it right, fix the problems; ideally, eliminate the causes of environmental damage.

For example, current leading coco products could be considered a rather recent high-tech product (vs. peat which is mined, generally with no further chemical processing or modification). The coco is now generally processed and buffered, often using proprietary/trade secret methods, and has high-tech quality control throughout processing. So, perhaps modern coco products are examples where advancing technology (including understanding what works) supports avoidance and reduced use of worse environmental options.

Last edited:
Back