PK BOOSTERS AND PPM

What I found with the Canna PK 13/14 is that it definitely ups the EC so that I have to lower the A+B but somehow it also makes me need more PH down (white wine vinegar in my case) to lower PH to the desired level

Bloom boosters can cause over-feeding if their ppm isn't added to total ppm.
If a fertilizer line needs bloom boosters, that's an admission that the base nutes are inferior.

What I found with the Canna PK 13/14 is that it definitely ups the EC so that I have to lower the A+B but somehow it also makes me need more PH down (white wine vinegar in my case) to lower PH to the desired level
The way i do it with the pk as you only add it once is just drop a couple of ml of the a&b never had any issue that way

Bloom boosters can cause over-feeding if their ppm isn't added to total ppm.
If a fertilizer line needs bloom boosters, that's an admission that the base nutes are inferior.
Hello what nutes do you use in coco as i am curious as most have booster or some other form of additive as there must be a lot of inferior products in that case

PK boosters don't make any sense to me because there are more than one brand of 3 part nutrients that copy GH's Micro/Gro/Bloom with 5:0:1, 2:1:6 and 0:5:4 N/P/K respectively. So as you can see the Bloom contains no N, therefore you can give it a PK boost by simply adding Bloom only. When my plants are a couple of Weeks into flower, I just give them Micro and Bloom only in a ratio of 1:2 and gradually up that to 1:3 by the end. That seems to be sufficient, and maybe even that is not necessary. 13/14 would just be an extra concentrated Bloom.

Look if super high Bloom made some sort of miracle difference, then someone would have done a side by side comparison under controlled conditions, and if it magically produced huge extra resin fill buds, everyone would be doing it.

PK boosters don't make any sense to me because there are more than one brand of 3 part nutrients that copy GH's Micro/Gro/Bloom with 5:0:1, 2:1:6 and 0:5:4 N/P/K respectively. So as you can see the Bloom contains no N, therefore you can give it a PK boost by simply adding Bloom only. When my plants are a couple of Weeks into flower, I just give them Micro and Bloom only in a ratio of 1:2 and gradually up that to 1:3 by the end. That seems to be sufficient, and maybe even that is not necessary. 13/14 would just be an extra concentrated Bloom.

Look if super high Bloom made some sort of miracle difference, then someone would have done a side by side comparison under controlled conditions, and if it magically produced huge extra resin fill buds, everyone would be doing it.

You hit the nail on the head.
If bloom boosters were really needed, they'd be in the main nutes.

I use Greenleaf Megacrop, and nothing else (maybe a bit of CalMag) from seed to harvest, and the plants do great.
In hydro, those bloom boosters mess up ppm.

Back