Plant is getting crunchy w/ spots

D

damandamn68

Im at 4 weeks and yesterday the plant looked slightly droopy but still green and soft leaves. Today a few sets of leaves were dried up some crunchy and some semi crunchy. they also have spots on them.. anyone know how to help? its going to begin flowering this upcoming month and def need to fix it.. should i cut off the affected leaves?:cry:

Thanks for the help!

well first I'd flush with ph 6.5 water... at least 2 x the pots size... looks like ph issues... and it looks like your soil is mostly peat based or something? maybe you overferted? can you tell us some more details?

ph of water and or soil if possible... temps... fert schedule etc etc..
heres a ph chart:
ph vs uptake.gifph vs uptake 2.jpg

yea its peat moss and organic soil mixed together.. I think I might have over-ferted.. I fed it 7 days ago with solid food and then again with liquid food 2 days ago. I dont have anything to measure ph with yet but I have been using filtered tap water. I also put a drop of super thrive in the water the same time as the liquid food..

oh yeah probably overferted... might also have a ph issue besides or as a result of overferting.. flush flush flush!!!!

thanks ya'll I flushed it last night.. hopefully she will recover. Its not looking so good though. Should I chop the completely dried leaves off?:confused:

If the leaves just "pull" off or are "crunchy" they're of no benefit to the plant and IMO attract pests due to the dead cellulose. As well I see noone else mentioned, but you said "filtered" tap water... are you letting it sit for 24 hours prior to using it? Filtered or not, it will be chlorinated.. chlorine can do some vicious things to PH and marijuana plants in general. I experienced the same leaf situation as you when I had a PH lockout (Couldn't get my soil below 7.3 for awhile.. took 4 flushes.)

thanks I appreciate the info.. im learning so much lol I will be letting the water sit for 24 hrs on my other plant. Im disappointed that this one died especially when it was so close to the end but oh well at least I learnt to not do alot of things lol... on to the next one!

Reactions: JM
Good attitude my man... Every little thing you learn along the way, be it good or bad, will help you on your future grows! Good luck on the next grow, I'll keep a lookout!

Yes... definetly.... gotta look at it that way... its disheartening otherwise... use the mistakes to make you better... :thumbs:
+rep for good attitude!!!

Back