Grow Room Plant pot liner ideas

growandshow

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I have just bought some new pots they are bigger than my usual ones there around 6 litres more.

I was looking at the drainage holes they are very large and my compost and perlite mix will just fall straight out of there what have you guys used to line your pots if you had this issue.

I know there are lots of options cardboards,sphagnum moss,gravel etc but what would be the best.

I could just put them on the ground and add the compost mix but then if I need to move them around the grow room this wouldn't work.

I just lay down plastic screening material. Could also use any non-biodegradable fabric, such as cut up nylon stockings or t-shirts, etc. As long as the bottom covering allows sufficient 'breathing' - air entry - and bottom-pooled water can flow out. This is much easier, cheaper, quicker, cleaner, etc.; and less radical and potentially disruptive vs. adding another medium layer to the pot, such as sphagnum moss, gravel, Hydroton, etc.

Once you have a good screen or equivalent at the bottom, you can consider drilling more holes for aeration (can only help).

I use shade cloth like in the photo , I also use 27 Itr pots that have big drain holes at the bottom , what you do is cut squares to cover the holes and you will never have a problem moving them around and they drain freely , :thumbsup:
1705342117908.png
I use the brown one .

I use shade cloth like in the photo , I also use 27 Itr pots that have big drain holes at the bottom , what you do is cut squares to cover the holes and you will never have a problem moving them around and they drain freely , :thumbsup:
View attachment 1659401 I use the brown one .
This is a great alternative I will look into it.

If you have cloth grocery bags, those would work too.

I have just bought some new pots they are bigger than my usual ones there around 6 litres more.

I was looking at the drainage holes they are very large and my compost and perlite mix will just fall straight out of there what have you guys used to line your pots if you had this issue.

I know there are lots of options cardboards,sphagnum moss,gravel etc but what would be the best.

I could just put them on the ground and add the compost mix but then if I need to move them around the grow room this wouldn't work.
Double up the pots and spin the pots until the holes are smaller if ya know wshat I means. Or old tights

Back