Please Help, Deficient or Lockout?

Don't Fear the Reefer

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
-Problem: Top leaves have reddish brown spots and yellowing leaves
-Medium/grow method: Plant Magic Soil Supreme, peat based mix, with 20% perlite and vermiculite
-Feed and supplements used: Plant Magic Old Timers ,organic Nutrients. Two last feeds have been bloom based, npk of 3,5,4
-Water source: Tap water, 63-68ppm, water mostly 6.3ph but sometimes 6.2 and 6.4
-Strain and age: Fastbuds Gelato Auto day 42 above ground
-Climate: 25C day time, 20C night time average. 50 - 70 RH

- Light used: Mars Hydro TS1000 around 900 umols,
-Additional info:
Plants have been showing symptoms last 5-7 days, appeared overnight 5-7 days ago see following for more info

Hello everyone, I am I need of your help.
My Gelato Auto is 43 Days above ground and over the past 5-7 days she has been showing what looks to be a calcium deficiency or lockout.
I have been growing in Plant Magic Soil Supreme, a peat based soil and have been using their line of organic nutrients (I have included the feed schedule).
I have been feeding every other watering so, feed water feed at half strength at around 230 to 280ppm. The last feed was bloom based feed and she got the full dose which was 435ppm
I have been watering at a ph of 6.3, occasionally 6.2 and 6.4 but mostly 6.3 and the ppm of the water is around 60-70 ppm.
She is getting around 900 umols of light and been grown under the Mars Hydro TS1000.
The top leaves stared showing reddish brown spots around 5-7 days ago and last night and today some of the leaves with the spots are turning yellow.
She looks a dark green colour which makes me think it's too much nitrogen ( I have included a side by side picture with my other plant to see the difference) but she doesn't have any other signs of too much nitrogen no clawing of the leaves.
It could also be a deficiency because of the low ppm of my water, she has had no calcium during the grow. Should I feed her some calmag in the next watering or just try and ride it out and just give her more water, so a feed water, water, water, feed regime
What do you think folks, can anyone help?
If I have missed any information please let me know.
I have attached some pictures.
side by side.jpg

top view.jpg

affected leaf 1.jpg

affected leaf 2.jpg

Colour difference.jpg

Top View.jpg

leaf 2.jpg

leaf 1.jpg

Top view 2.jpg

Attachments

• UK Organic Feed Chart.pdf
    471.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hey @Don't Fear the Reefer i wish I could help but I know nothing about your medium or nutes. That being said I find that with my autos less is more. Maybe trying cutting back some nutes and see if problem progresses or gets better?. Make small change then wait a week or two and see what happens. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge will be along shortly to help

I see Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Magnesium and Potassium problems. They can be deficiencies or Too much as the symptoms appear the same in the leaf damage.
2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

The dark green color of the plants indicate too much Nitrogen. As to the other problems they are probably too much also.

Not much you can do at this point. Stop adding stuff to the pot except PH water and see if they improve? Once you get too much in soil there will be troubles.

:goodluck:

I see Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Magnesium and Potassium problems. They can be deficiencies or Too much as the symptoms appear the same in the leaf damage.
View attachment 1427437

The dark green color of the plants indicate too much Nitrogen. As to the other problems they are probably too much also.

Not much you can do at this point. Stop adding stuff to the pot except PH water and see if they improve? Once you get too much in soil there will be troubles.

:goodluck:
Thank for the reply, I will continue to water and see how she goes. :cheers:

Last edited:
the problem has been worsening since just watering with ph water especially over the last 3 days.
She is still looking green, but a bit less so, especially under the grow lights. She is more green towards the bottom of the plant.
Is there anything I can do?
A few pictures.
Gelato Auto 1.jpg

Gelato Auto 2.jpg

Gelato Auto 3.jpg

Thank you for any help you can give.

Ill be honest with u i had same problem with my og kush the plant is been allready hurt auto dnt do well ones they have a lockout and i flushed tryed all my leafs kept turning yellow and it had nice amount of trichomes whatever i did it got worse so i was like fuck it and chop it cuz i feel like the more u let it grow its gonna get mold from the dryed leaf smoke it do good on nxt run we all learn from our mistakes

Ill be honest with u i had same problem with my og kush the plant is been allready hurt auto dnt do well ones they have a lockout and i flushed tryed all my leafs kept turning yellow and it had nice amount of trichomes whatever i did it got worse so i was like fuck it and chop it cuz i feel like the more u let it grow its gonna get mold from the dryed leaf smoke it do good on nxt run we all learn from our mistakes
Thanks for the reply dude, chopped all the dead leaves off and feel that I'll chop it soon too. Don't want mould.

Yah mines are all hanging rite now mine was really yellow watever i did i couldnt save it but i got jack herer and bublegum i have going rite now theyre beautiful

Back