Pollination issues

GsC4477

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
All my Autos were growing great until I defoliated and the white pistils turned dark at the tips right away. after, One plant looks like it had bleach poured on a leaf, although I didn't find a naner I pretty sure that one hermed and pollenated the rest. Ive found seeds in alll buds, all plants. Im going to dump them all. question is, how long do i have to leave the room empty for? i dont want the residue on the wall to get my new plants , how long can pollen last ?

On my next grow im just going to not defoliate any fan leaves on the main stalk, and maybe keep removing the flowers ( on lower dark sites ) and im going to use a 24w full spectrum T8 light to light up those fans leaves I leave behind. Im a new grower but from what Ive experienced so far, ripping off certain fan leaves is just as risky as topping autos. Anyone have anything to chime in? Thx.,.,..

Last edited:
Well that sucks. Yeah nobody likes seeds anymore.

But just wash the inside of that down with little soap and water. Water kills the pollen, but give it a good bath and it'll be fine. :cheers:

I was thinking maybe letting it get really hot for a few hours with a heater? since i KNOW ill miss a few spots LOL. Any idea how long this pollen stuff can last? in an open setting???? im kinda upset and dont want it to happen again.

Or maybe turn the humidifier on full blast for a day?

Last edited:
From what I've read and experienced herms come from stress and genetics. Try to locate the pollen source as it may help diagnose what stressor or genetics were the issue.

No idea what space you are in but spray and wipe down with a mild bleach solution is the best for at least the immediate area. A humidifier may work but Id rather go with a larger sprayer instead.

Back