Promix hp question

Reaction score
Strain:weeding cake auto
Pot: fabric 5 gallon
Soil: Promix 80%Hp with 20%perlite
Germination: Directlyl in soil

Hi guys, I hope you can help.clarify a few things.
Here my.questions.

Since promix HP got no nutriment,when should I start to provide some and what kind?

Should I put plate under my grow bag so they can reabsorb the used water.

Should I give.nutriment each time.i give my.auto water or once a few time.btw watering?

And what brand don't cost a arm and are still good for auto?

Ty for your time and if you got other tips il take them
First time growing here

I use HP Promix. Personally, I tend to avoid watering to runoff if I can help it while still trying to water toward the edges and away from the tap root in veg to get roots seeking out the edge for air pruning. I always have air to all sides including the bottom by some form of wire rack or plant stand that allows air to the underneath. Tip your pots alot when they're dry and get the feel for how heavy that is so you can let them dry between waterings in veg. I cycle wet to dry and keep em moist in flower. I don't let them reabsorb for fear of salt build up. Others may chime in differently about that. I do feed every watering after 10 days but I feed lightly. I think some may feed heavier and just water between feeds but read around. Quarter strenthg at 10 days and half strength following that from my experience. I use AN Sensi bloom because its been easier for me but many here use megacrop. If you go with sensi bloom check out this thread - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tangs-easy-auto-feeding-schedule.47290/

Megacrop way more cost efficient but make sure you have a reliable ph/ec pen. Or you could go with good ol' General Hydroponics. There are alot of proven grows with that and it's super easy to get. I've noticed everyone tends to develop their own style so to speak. It's good to read a lot of threads and use search to find growers that seem to grow in your "style" and then branch out as you get successes but try to avoid overdoing anything. Autos tend to not need as much as photos so be aware of that in your research. I actually learn a ton from guys growing in completely other mediums and environments though. Whatever you do, just keep growing & growing. :biggrin: Good luck!

Last edited:
Thx sir.

Got a question related to this .how often do you feed water in growbag? And for the nite do you go up gradually ?

Btw just ordered general hydro.

Should I be worried about ph lvl since that the last thing I wanna play with ??

If you're using GH, keep the ph consistant. I never used GH so hate to give an opinion on best range but I belive 6 - 6.5 is safe/good. Look for growers here who use that nute line and medium. Search HP promix & GH Flora. If you hop on to a guy's thread that has great looking plants using that lineup, they'll be cool and answer questions if you're nice. At first, take it easy. Maybe an oz of water at a time letting it dry out between when they're small 1 -10 days. Then increase a little at a time as the plant develops. Don't let it completely dry out but let it get close to dry all through the veg phase. When you see it start to stretch at around 30-35 days, then you'll increase a bit more. When I finally see real preflowers I just make sure the pots stays moist. Not Wet. It takes feeling it out but you'll catch on. Again. There's a ton of great info in these threads. That should keep you occupied between wet/dry. :biggrin: You never want to overdo anything with autos generally speaking because you won't have much time to correct it. Nice and easy is the way.

If you're using GH, keep the ph consistant. I never used GH so hate to give an opinion on best range but I belive 6 - 6.5 is safe/good. Look for growers here who use that nute line and medium. Search HP promix & GH Flora. If you hop on to a guy's thread that has great looking plants using that lineup, they'll be cool and answer questions if you're nice. At first, take it easy. Maybe an oz of water at a time letting it dry out between when they're small 1 -10 days. Then increase a little at a time as the plant develops. Don't let it completely dry out but let it get close to dry all through the veg phase. When you see it start to stretch at around 30-35 days, then you'll increase a bit more. When I finally see real preflowers I just make sure the pots stays moist. Not Wet. It takes feeling it out but you'll catch on. Again. There's a ton of great info in these threads. That should keep you occupied between wet/dry. :biggrin: You never want to overdo anything with autos generally speaking because you won't have much time to correct it. Nice and easy is the way.
How does the sensi? Do you need to regulate ph a lot? Is the solution a and b all I need to start?Imay.cancel mymorder and go for that ;)

Last edited:
How does the sensi? Do you need to regulate ph a lot? Is the solution a and b all I need to start?Imay.cancel mymorder and go for that ;)
Check that thread I noted by TaNg. Good read for that line up. With Sensi I use RO water, or you can get filtered/distilled at store or whatever. If you start with clean medium and water and sensi bloom you shouldn't need to check. They have buffers in the formula to regulate the ph. The water is just as important as the medium IMO.

Check that thread I noted by TaNg. Good read for that line up. With Sensi I use RO water, or you can get filtered/distilled at store or whatever. If you start with clean medium and water and sensi bloom you shouldn't need to check. They have buffers in the formula to regulate the ph. The water is just as important as the medium IMO.
One last question.what about rain.if I got the option should I put them in the shed or it doesn't matter that much? Since they are seed ATM in the soil I get them inside when it rain cause I don't want the soil to get muddy.

One last question.what about rain.if I got the option should I put them in the shed or it doesn't matter that much? Since they are seed ATM in the soil I get them inside when it rain cause I don't want the soil to get muddy.
I don't put plants outside until established for a few weeks as they can easily be destroyed by insects or slugs if they are seedlings. Then again, I have a large number of seedlings sprouted directly in soil outside right now from just throwing between 50 and 100 seeds onto some soil I raked up to loosen. Then raked over the seeds and watered a few times with a sprinkler. I did a seed run last year with plenty of seeds to play with.

I dump any runoff from the plant out in my yard. It accumulates concentrated nutrients and salts from the soil or medium buildup. Last year I dumped it on the grounds near my photo plants and they showed no ill effects but they aren't in a pot.

In my location, hot and dry currently because of a drought, I have been getting very little rain. In the last two weeks just 0.04 of an inch twice. Lawn is dead and brown, so I have been running a sprinkler over my potted plants and those that are growing in the ground and have had no problems but most of my plants are well established in pots except for the seedlings that are just sprouting within the last few days in straight soil.

When using Promix HP, I didn't add nutrients until the seeds had sprouted and started with a very weak solution and not every day. I watered the pots to runoff before ever planting a seed, which was soaked in water for 24-48 hours first.

Same. I don't put any autos outside until it stays 55 degrees or more either. I think there may be some auto strains that can hang with colder but I had some stunt throwing them outside too early and cold.

Back