Rabbits birds and the like... All of natures bastards!

N

NC420

I thought that a thread for fixes tricks and tips on how to keep the rabbits, Groundhogs and birds at bay is needed because this is the time of year when your tender little plants are irresistible to the critters ...

ATM I'm having tons of trouble keeping the rabbits from chewing and stripping my plants and the birds pluck my seedlings.

*FENCED IN GARDENS
Fenced in gardens are great for deer but the little critters that like Cannabis can and will burrow under the fencing to get to your hard work!
Birds will well they'll just fly over and seems like they pick your best feminized babies to bite the heads off and leave the stalk headless and pitiful looking...
So if your main problem is deer then you have it licked if you have a fence...

*Wiz's Fruit net fix
I don't know why I hadn't thought of this but Mossy/Wiz turned me on to the idea of using fruit tree net as a guard from birds and rabbits...
I just went to look at my babies and found 2 more stripped plants so here is what I'll be doing with the fruit net... This looks like a child drew this up but her it is. There will be fruit net on all 4 side and the top...View attachment 11589

Any and all info that you may have is welcome please post your tricks, tips and fixes...

Last edited by a moderator:
I find a 3 ft long dtrip of chicken wire sprayed green and wrapped around the base of the plant until they get a few feet tall seems to work well for deeer rabbits and woodchucks...

great thread mate!

put some beer in a tuna can for slugs and snails
human hair is supposed to repel some critters

might get some hot peppers... grind em up good in a blender,,, add some veg oil... then put in a pan and cook for 3 hours... strain off oil and use as a "repellant" oil... spray around the base of plants.... see if this works for you... i think it will... the stronger the btter.

We did stuff that worked using chicken wire but the suggestions I've seen here are less work and probably work as good or better. :peace:

Pee at your spot every time your there, predator urine is very good at keeping things out!! If your spot smell like a mountain lion, roger rabbit isn't going to hang around long.

Most of my places are on ranchers land, so i have more issues with big dumb cows just plowing through the plot.

One year i used blood and bone meal in my soil mix, came back the next week and some thing dug up the beds. Plants were still ok, but some thing thought there were goodies under there for sure.

Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent. I've been using it for 3 years now and never had a plant eaten. Apply, repeat in 2 weeks, then once a month after that. Deer were bedding down 10' away and I've found hoof prints right next to the plants and they were never touched. I get it at Tractor Supply Co.

Sounds good, Where would one acquire Liqui Fence?
I just walked down to my plat and had to pull 3 more plants, I've went from 50 to 26 plants in just 2 days!
I almost can't handle the stress after whats happened to my babies now mother nature is raping me...

If I catch this rabbit I'll beat it against the tree till nothing but a hairy bloody mess is left...

images

Back