raspberry pi

Citadel

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem White Widow
Had a search on the forum post on this seem to be from around 2019 so I thought it would be cool to start a new one. I can’t find much interest on the regular geek forums but I can’t be the only programming nerd on here would be good to share ideas etc.

I’ve been working on a budget automated tent setup that is affordable and open source with parts that are widely available.

The idea being it will be to help people such as myself with failing physical abilities.

As the current project stands I’m using a low cost MCU running micropython to:

Monitor Temperature and Humidity in my nursery and flower tent.

Controls nursery humidifier dependant on environment (On below 45% off at 60% and will not activate again until 45% this saves wear and tear on the relay and humidifier)

Controls nursery duct fan (On at 29 °c off at 23°c)

Controls flowering heater depending on temperature.

Relays the information back to a database on a raspberry pi 3b+ connected to my network and displays the data in a nice dashboard that I can view anywhere)

Items in development:

Media moisture sensor (Relays a percentage value of media moisture)

Water/Feed Pump (When media moisture below 50% pump will switch on then back off when moisture in 100%)

I’ll be using this in next grow which I will be documenting on here to monitor my new grow space that is being built. I've added a picture of how the live data looks so far.

Attachments

• tent-dashboard.jpg
    tent-dashboard.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 17
I've got something similar.
1682158352992 _small.jpg

Running a Blynk server on a RPi and have all sorts of sensors connected via several ESP32's. Also added an ESP32 to the controllers for my extraction fan and lighting. Mine is manual control though, can't figure out how to get the algorithm to work with multiple input variables to adjust multiple output variables. If you know what I mean. :thumbsup:
Anyway, I'm following this thread as anything tech and weed gets my attention :headbang:

I've got something similar.
View attachment 1587918

Running a Blynk server on a RPi and have all sorts of sensors connected via several ESP32's. Also added an ESP32 to the controllers for my extraction fan and lighting. Mine is manual control though, can't figure out how to get the algorithm to work with multiple input variables to adjust multiple output variables. If you know what I mean. :thumbsup:
Anyway, I'm following this thread as anything tech and weed gets my attention :headbang:
Sweet man, can run blynk locally then? I was under the imperssion if blynks servers go down so will the app and sensor communication? Would be excellent if I could run a local docker instance as the way im passing data the moment uses 3/4 pieces of software.
I know what you mean by several ESP32s I'm working it down to one microcontroller to work everything. At the moment just one £4.80 Pico W reads all my sensors and just data dumps in a ujson every 15 seconds that publishes to an MQTT that is then passed to NODERED, InfluxDB then Grafana on a Pi 3B+.

Which sensor are you using for Room Co2 measurement do you find it fairly accurate?

Seen some PH sensors by DFRobot that look interesting for the nute tanks they also do TDS sensors wouldn't mind messing with some peristaltic pumps to see if I could automate res changes.

Been reading about a community projecty that is using machine learning to identifty plant defiences. Simply its uses a Pi Camera Pointed at the pointed that can learn to spot and identify defiences earlier and more accurately than our eyes ever could. It peaks my interest so.

Which sensor are you using for Room Co2 measurement do you find it fairly accurate?
I'm using this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004227483654.html

Been reading about a community projecty that is using machine learning to identifty plant defiences. Simply its uses a Pi Camera Pointed at the pointed that can learn to spot and identify defiences earlier and more accurately than our eyes ever could. It peaks my interest so.
Cool, have read about this...They make use of some sort AI api.

Seen some PH sensors by DFRobot that look interesting for the nute tanks they also do TDS sensors wouldn't mind messing with some peristaltic pumps to see if I could automate res changes.
For continuous measuring you need some sort of galvanic isolation. The pump creates a hell of a lot noise, so much so that the measurement is off. For EC the same thing applies. How it's being done in professional setups is by diverting a part of the nutrient flow to a separate tank which is isolated from the electric pump. The EC and pH measurements are taken separate so they don't disturb each other.
The sensors from DFRobot don't have galvanic seperation, but I do have a couple demo models which are. They didn't take off so I can't push you in their direction, sorry.
I know Atlas Scientific has good stuff --> https://atlas-scientific.com/ph
Did notice they started using rfc type connectors, but you can get convertors to the standard pH probe coaxial connector. :eyebrows:

Back