Extraction Real happy with hemp seed oil as a carrier

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I have been discussing this in another thread and I have found the results worthy of a top post.

I have made many batches of infused oil before with coconut oil.
This time I tried hemp seed oil.

I really like how it stays in liquid form when refrigerated.
I used a THC dose calculator and roughly estimate 5-6 mg per dropper. Two droppers and I felt it just fine and I have a high tolerance .

Here's what I did:

Ingredients

17 gms BCN Critical XXL flowers
16 ozs Jeff's Best Hemp Seed Oil
2 tbls powdered sunflower lecithin

Equipment

Ardent Lift Decarboxilator
Magical Butter Machine and strainer
5 oz glass dropper bottle

Directions

Decarbed the buds
Placed hemp seed oil, lecithin, and decarbed flowers in the MBM.
Set it for 160F for 1 hour.
Strain and bottle.

20200117_155516.jpg

Thanks for sharing the recipe here!

For those without the equipment, we could decarb in an oven by leaving the buds in the oven @250 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Wondering how we could do the second step without the MBM :confused1:

I have been discussing this in another thread and I have found the results worthy of a top post.

I have made many batches of infused oil before with coconut oil.
This time I tried hemp seed oil.

I really like how it stays in liquid form when refrigerated.
I used a THC dose calculator and roughly estimate 5-6 mg per dropper. Two droppers and I felt it just fine and I have a high tolerance .

Here's what I did:

Ingredients

17 gms BCN Critical XXL flowers
16 ozs Jeff's Best Hemp Seed Oil
2 tbls powdered sunflower lecithin

Equipment

Ardent Lift Decarboxilator
Magical Butter Machine and strainer
5 oz glass dropper bottle

Directions

Decarbed the buds
Placed hemp seed oil, lecithin, and decarbed flowers in the MBM.
Set it for 160F for 1 hour.
Strain and bottle.

How many ounces did you end up with? I'll give this a try. I've been using the same process as you with coconut oil - 2 cups coconut oil, 2 oz of flower in the MBM after decarbing in the Ardent. Do you plan on also cooking with it as that is the reason for the lecithin. Guess it helps in cooking to bind the ingredients together or something along those lines.

How many ounces did you end up with? I'll give this a try. I've been using the same process as you with coconut oil - 2 cups coconut oil, 2 oz of flower in the MBM after decarbing in the Ardent. Do you plan on also cooking with it as that is the reason for the lecithin. Guess it helps in cooking to bind the ingredients together or something along those lines.
I ended up with 16 ounces.
About 1 gram per ounce.
Each dose 1 ml.
29.5 ml per ounce.

I'm not cooking with this but I suppose I could.
The lecithin helps the infusion process I have read.

This is a real diluted oil.
Especially helpful for my friends who want to "ease into" trying medical cannabis.

I've been tempted to try hemp seed oil, and maybe your post will end my laziness.

Also, I've been experimenting with infusion times and temps, and own a couple MagicalButterMachines.
I've tried 160 F for 1, 2, 4, and 6 hours using a magnetic stirrer hot plate with very small batches of decarbed herb powder and lecithin, instead of MBM.

None of those infusion times & temps works as well for me as the simpler method of decarbing in Ardent Lift, grinding to fine powder, and then infusing at 220 F for 20-60 min in a toaster oven with lecithin. 60 min is slightly sleepier than 20 min.
The 20 min version works very well for any box cookie mix. Just add decarbed herb powder and lecithin to the recipe oil. Every 1 g flower will add about 150 mg thc.

Back