Old Reviews Review of The PLENTY Vaporizer from Storz and Bickel, makers of the Volcano

Micron Creek

Breeder/Craftsman
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bees Knees
The Plenty is a home vaporizer that requires constant attachment to a power source, but nonetheless has a long enough cord to give anyone within 8 feet a chance to vaporize. Very useful for a person who medicates in order to complete the day's tasks, especially working in the Garden.
The draw method is an attached mouthpiece. A steel cooling coil with a black plastic mouthpiece connected with a small, clear, rubber tube. Note that this vaporizer was made in Germany and is made out of higher-grade materials.
They will feel extremely lightweight, but rest assured they can withstand max temps. A note, prolonged multiple uses at temps above the 400 mark will cause the only weakness I have experienced with this marvel.
The Vaporizer consists of the heating element and the heating compartment with attached coil on top. The heating compartment consists of three main pieces. There is the metal center piece in which a screen is fitted and your ground up flowers are placed on. This metal center is fitted into an orange ring which screws onto the heating element. When the center is fitted into the ring there are three small tabs that will snap into place around the base of the metal center.
This is the only noticeable crux of the Plenty. Those tabs are in direct contact with your metal ring and intense prolonged use will make them brittle and snap should you take the ring and center apart often. The ring is then topped with a black ring which twists right into the top. This ring also contains a screen to eliminate the ability for plant matter to enter the cooling coil. First attach coil and black ring together, then the two rings, then twist the entire thing onto the heating element. Using less flowers seems to be more effective than stuffing the tray full.
This vaporizer utilizes liquid pads for concentrate use. They are a metal net that has been compressed into the shape of a coin which fits the heating chamber perfectly. They also serve the most important function of making sure your flowers are vaporized evenly. The pad can take the place of flowers in case your supply must be conserved. The heating compartment can accommodate more than a half gram of medicine at a time. As the flower is vaporized, gaps are formed from the shrinkage caused by loss of moisture and essential oils. The liquid pad is used to hold your flowers in place until the last puff, never once causing combustion from uneven heating.
To use concentrates they must first be melted into the pad itself, the less viscous the material the easier, but it will work. Oils also require the higher heat settings that I feel exploit the weakness of the orange ring tabs.
The heating element for this utilizes a safety feature to ensure your vaporizer never overheats. You set your temperature by rotating a small wheel-shaped tab on the left side. Each small notch on the wheel is numbered, and the corresponding temperatures can be found inside the booklet. Personally, notch 6 is the best for me, 340 degrees.The element will reach the desired temp and then click off. The temperature will be maintained for a while as you draw and then will very slowly decrease to 100 degrees. When you want to vaporize again, you press a plastic trigger inside the handle.
The trigger or plastic tab is the length of the handle and using the Plenty is very similar to operating a hand drill. As long as the vaporizer is on, and the wheel is set to the correct mark, the element will consistently reach the desired temperature. No other vaporizer I have experienced stays true to this concept.
This Plenty was purchased used from a patient friend who did not care for vaporization too much. It was already missing an orange tab, and the cooling coil had been bent out of its original shape. Through the help of family I replaced everything except the element. New from the manufacturer it is $350.00. The best investment one who is concerned about clean, healthy medication could make.
The link:
www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/shop/plenty-vaporizer.html
Overall the quality of this vapor is the highest I have ever experienced. It is full, and dense with a blue hue. Every subtle flavor hidden in your flowers can be experienced with the Plenty. Most people doubt vaporizers because they have experienced cheap, poorly-manufactured inferior junk that has flooded the market i.e. discount vape pens. This my friends is Real vaporization. You will never taste that acridness from a heating element, you will never, EVER, burn your flowers again. Every day with the Plenty is an added bonus for myself.
I was a smoker since the age of 14, but as every person knows combustion in any form is bad for you. End of discussion. Good cannabis isn't bad for you, but carcinogens are. Smoking for 12 years was hard on my pulmonary system, and I needed help. Every day as a smoker you wake up congested, have to spit out the black tar, and you can't breathe. You do not taste things the same way, you cannot smell the same way. Every time you smoke your beloved flowers, you are wracked with violent coughing fits no matter how flushed. You burn through so many unused cannabinoids, so many dollars with each bowl, and you never get them back. You never truly reconcile needing medicine, all the while hurting yourself.
The Plenty was my answer. Yes it was secondhand, but the sheer relief from its use is second to none. I didn't have to smoke myself to oblivion. You will notice benefits to your pulmonary system almost immediately. The first thing that will happen is the all of those tiny air-sacks that comprise your lungs will begin to work again. You will purge yourself of stagnant phlegm that has been in your chest forever. You will cough, oh yes, but it feels so wonderful to finally breathe deeply. I feel the Plenty helped save my life.
All of the cannabinoids present within my flowers are now fully experienced along with their ability to treat chronic physical pain. The vaporized material left over (already-been-vaped a.k.a. abv) can also be used to make edibles or possibly capsules if you do not prefer the flavor of the bowl towards the end and there is still medicine present. An added bonus, as the coil is used, the condensing vapor will form a solid, golden oil. This oil is not reclaim it is reconstituted cannabinoid rich vapor. This oil can be dabbed for an immediate dose of medication on those necessary days. Highly effective, and somewhat narcotic, it helps one sleep easier or rapidly lower anxiety.
Burning a bowl and vaporizing with the Plenty is arctic night and day. Storz-Bickel never paid me to say this, it is my experience. If you ever save up the funds, do yourself or your loved ones an immeasurable favor purchase the PLENTY, put down the fire for good, and truly experience your medicine for the first time. You will not regret it.

Attachments

• Haze Harvest January 015.jpg
    Haze Harvest January 015.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 150
That is a serious piece of kit, CG. Thanks for the detailed write up! :slap:

Great detailed review Castle Grown :thumbs: Unit sounds pretty sweet. I'd also like to try out their new portable vape called the Crafty.

I have used Plenty for over a year now and it is really good quality vape. One negative for me was the amount of herb i now consume :) Pre-plenty i was using a DBV (Da Buddha Vaporizer) and the chamber was A LOT smaller but with plenty the herb chamber is really big (3-4 times bigger than DBV) and that made my jars go empty pretty fast.

Will be ordering Crafty from Storz&Bickel, so i can vape outside too.

I have used Plenty for over a year now and it is really good quality vape. One negative for me was the amount of herb i now consume :) Pre-plenty i was using a DBV (Da Buddha Vaporizer) and the chamber was A LOT smaller but with plenty the herb chamber is really big (3-4 times bigger than DBV) and that made my jars go empty pretty fast.

Will be ordering Crafty from Storz&Bickel, so i can vape outside too.

I found the same when using my Plenty was very herb hungry, so much so i have owned it two years and proberly got 3 hours use from it, it was my first and only ever vape and i thought this was the same with all vapes and was the one thing putting me off the idea of spending more on another vape, dont get me wrong is a high quality bit of kit that produces huge thick clouds that taste amazing if your fill the bowl, i found you got a burnt popcorn taste after only 3-4 draws if you pack it with less than .3g of herb the chamber takes .5g easy.

Well pulled trigger on the Arizer Solo now, should b arriving today, so going to be round two on my vape transition am alot more hopeful this time round the Arizer will meet my needs as the only thing that stopped me before was the amount i was using when vaping with the Plenty.

Most vapes get a popcorn taste sum a biter taste with conduction
I grabbed a plenty today was only used handful of times for 200cad figured I'd grab it. Love it so far. Get bombed off it like no other. so with my solo I do 2 stems full . So I measure it out put it a herbalair crucible Then dump it in the plenty and let the party begin 2 solo stem covers the screen perfect with a liquid pad 2 solo stems does a joint perfect too Good measuring tool so you don't go overboard.
I love convection Vape My herbal air is going on the shelf or I'm going to sell I like the simplicity of this thing easy to dump out also I like the auto off and trigger they new ppl would hack a lung and saves you're herbs from over cooking. Or ever during a duhhhhhh. Moment Snap out pull the trigger. Good to go thing stays hot for a long time
you're solo get one of the air plastic mouth peice they fit nice snug and short too

Back