Mephisto Genetics Root Like Tricomes

Statgator

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hello All,

I saw something on my buddies ghost toof that I've never seen before on any other plant. At first glance I thought I was seeing evidence of spider mites. It was an area slightly less than the size of a dime. Looking closer it looked like cotton but it didn't have a dull sheen it had a bright sheen. The bud was removed and I look at it under a microscope and came to find out the following:

The area had extremely long tricomes. Estimated to be 5 to 10 times longer than any tricome I've ever seen. Those long tricomes had tricomes growing off them. Just like a root system. On some of the very long tricomes, the tricomes coming off the main stem had lollipops, however most where just tricome spikes with no lollipop.

I was so shocked by what I saw that I spent a lot of time looking at it through the microscope because I just could barely believe what I was seeing. I followed the longer "main" tricomes from the leaf all the way to the tip. It was difficult to follow because it was just a patch of them. So they were tangled.

So to summarize, I saw tricomes that look like a root system with tricomes growing off of other tricomes. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

I'm going to try to post a picture soon. I should have photographed it but I didn't. I'm only hoping I can still see what I saw on the dried bud.

I've seen some crazy things, like plants that grow real usable buds on the fan leaves, purple sap, etc... but I've never seen anything so crazy. It looked like a trippy poster.

Safe growing to all

Here is a photo.
IMG_20191127_113742.jpg
IMG_20191127_113713.jpg

WOW

that is a pretty sick picture... honestly... not sure what that is !!

Grandular hairs.. There are three types that grow on cannabis. One of which is bulbous (standard trichome size/shape.. Another is capitate stalked.. Which looks like what this may be.

Here are some through camera then through microscope.
IMG_20191127_120916.jpg
IMG_20191127_120916.jpg
IMG_20191127_120545.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_120914_MP.jpg
    IMG_20191127_120914_MP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
I looked up the definition of capitate stalked and found that to be the name for a standard tricome.

Back