Root

Grandma Roody
Reaction score
Website
everessencekd.com
Currently Smoking
My Genius Pipe!
IMG_0141 (2).JPG

For those of us who like tinctures, we are always on a quest to make them taste good and not be overloaded with sugar.

Let’s face it, 190 proof is hard on the tongue and just swallowing it defeats the purpose of taking a tincture in the first place.
:tonic:
I’ve found several recipes for gummy candies. This one, using Jello (or any brand of gelatin dessert) is the easiest and isn’t loaded with sugar.
IMG_0137 (2).JPG

Canna Gummies

:weed: 1 small box of gelatin dessert (around 3 oz) any flavor– sugar free is 0.3 oz and works too

:weed: 2 envelopes Knox Gelatin

:weed: 1/3 cup water

:weed: ¼ cup corn syrup

:weed: 1/3 cup tincture

:weed: ¼ teaspoon citric acid (optional)

IMG_0106.JPG

First, you’ll need to make the tincture. I decarbed 3 ounces for 3 batches of candy. Each batch will have one ounce in it.

IMG_0116.JPG

I use the QWET (Quick Wash Ethanol) method.
This gives me approximately 4 cups of tincture that I’ll reduce down to 1 cup.

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

I now have 3 ounces in 1 cup tincture. I am going to be putting 1/3 cup in each batch of gummies.

You can make your's stronger or weaker.

I’m waiting for my t-check2 to get here :hothot: so I can figure the potency!

:smoking:

Blue Raspberry Canna Gummies

First thing you want to do is gather everything you need. It takes 30 minutes from start to putting in the refrigerator.

Spray the molds with cooking spray. I use silicone molds. If you don’t have molds you can use a pan or anything that can go in the refrigerator (like making jello jigglers). Don’t forget to spray or grease whatever you use.

This batch is made with Jolly Rancher Blue Raspberry Gelatin net weight 2.79 oz

1. In a bowl, combine 1 box gelatin dessert, 2 envelopes Knox gelatin and 1/3 cup water.
IMG_0124.JPG

This needs to sit for at least 10 minutes to bloom.

2. In a small sauce pan, combine ¼ cup corn syrup and 1/3 cup tincture.
IMG_0119.JPG

Heat on the lowest setting (keep temperature 140 – 150 F) Stirring constantly.

IMG_0126.JPG

It will take about 15 to 20 minutes of constant stirring to evaporate the remaining alcohol in the tincture and at the same time you are infusing the cannabis into the corn syrup.

I use a non stick pan, and silicone whisk.

As the alcohol evaporates, the oil that is left wants to collect on the sides of the pan. Constantly mix to keep from having “spots” of oil in your medibles, causing uneven dosing.

IMG_0127.JPG

You know it is done, when you stop stirring and no spots of oil appear.

Very Important! Use ventilation while doing this, and avoid breathing the alcohol fumes.:dizzy:

3. Add the gelatin goop to the pan of infused corn syrup. Stir to combine, making sure it is smooth and liquid with no lumps.

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

4. Add ¼ teaspoon citric acid. Mix well.

The citric acid is optional. It is a preservative, but these gummies don’t last very long.
We have not noticed a difference in taste when I forget to add it sometimes. You can add more if you want a sour gummy...

5. Place the gummy mix in prepared molds.
IMG_0130 (2).JPG

6. 30 minutes in the refrigerator and they are ready to eat!

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

This batch made 106 gummy bears and 6 gummy coins ( 1 gummy coin equals 4 gummy bears)

Between the gelatin dessert mix (68g sugar) and the corn syrup (36g sugar) = 104g sugar

130 gummies each with .8g sugar.

:chef: Both the bear size and the coin size are great for sublingual dosing. They dissolve in your mouth and easily fit under your tongue.

Next up - Sugar free (almost) Black Cherry Canna Gummies

Canna Gummies using sugar free jello, 2 envelopes gelatin and 1/3 cup water

IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG

1/4 cup corn syrup and 1/3 cup tincture
IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

Add gelatin mixture and 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
IMG_0149.JPG

Fill molds

IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes

IMG_0152.JPG

Clean up is easy with hot water.

IMG_0153.JPG

I use the sugar free jello for @Eekman and he likes bigger candies.

Next up Peach Gummies

For those of us who like tinctures, we are always on a quest to make them taste good and not be overloaded with sugar.

Let’s face it, 190 proof is hard on the tongue and just swallowing it defeats the purpose of taking a tincture in the first place.
:tonic:
I’ve found several recipes for gummy candies. This one, using Jello (or any brand of gelatin dessert) is the easiest and isn’t loaded with sugar.
View attachment 1006681
Canna Gummies

:weed: 1 small box of gelatin dessert (around 3 oz) any flavor– sugar free is 0.3 oz and works too

:weed: 2 envelopes Knox Gelatin

:weed: 1/3 cup water

:weed: ¼ cup corn syrup

:weed: 1/3 cup tincture

:weed: ¼ teaspoon citric acid (optional)

View attachment 1006644
First, you’ll need to make the tincture. I decarbed 3 ounces for 3 batches of candy. Each batch will have one ounce in it.

View attachment 1006645
I use the QWET (Quick Wash Ethanol) method.
This gives me approximately 4 cups of tincture that I’ll reduce down to 1 cup.

View attachment 1006646

View attachment 1006647

I now have 3 ounces in 1 cup tincture. I am going to be putting 1/3 cup in each batch of gummies.

You can make your's stronger or weaker.

I’m waiting for my t-check2 to get here :hothot: so I can figure the potency!

:smoking:

Blue Raspberry Canna Gummies

First thing you want to do is gather everything you need. It takes 30 minutes from start to putting in the refrigerator.

Spray the molds with cooking spray. I use silicone molds. If you don’t have molds you can use a pan or anything that can go in the refrigerator (like making jello jigglers). Don’t forget to spray or grease whatever you use.

This batch is made with Jolly Rancher Blue Raspberry Gelatin net weight 2.79 oz

1. In a bowl, combine 1 box gelatin dessert, 2 envelopes Knox gelatin and 1/3 cup water.
View attachment 1006648

This needs to sit for at least 10 minutes to bloom.

2. In a small sauce pan, combine ¼ cup corn syrup and 1/3 cup tincture.
View attachment 1006649

Heat on the lowest setting (keep temperature 140 – 150 F) Stirring constantly.

View attachment 1006652

It will take about 15 to 20 minutes of constant stirring to evaporate the remaining alcohol in the tincture and at the same time you are infusing the cannabis into the corn syrup.

I use a non stick pan, and silicone whisk.

As the alcohol evaporates, the oil that is left wants to collect on the sides of the pan. Constantly mix to keep from having “spots” of oil in your medibles, causing uneven dosing.

View attachment 1006657
You know it is done, when you stop stirring and no spots of oil appear.

Very Important! Use ventilation while doing this, and avoid breathing the alcohol fumes.:dizzy:

3. Add the gelatin goop to the pan of infused corn syrup. Stir to combine, making sure it is smooth and liquid with no lumps.

View attachment 1006668
View attachment 1006683
4. Add ¼ teaspoon citric acid. Mix well.

The citric acid is optional. It is a preservative, but these gummies don’t last very long.
We have not noticed a difference in taste when I forget to add it sometimes. You can add more if you want a sour gummy...

5. Place the gummy mix in prepared molds.
View attachment 1006669

6. 30 minutes in the refrigerator and they are ready to eat!

View attachment 1006671
View attachment 1006670

This batch made 106 gummy bears and 6 gummy coins ( 1 gummy coin equals 4 gummy bears)

Between the gelatin dessert mix (68g sugar) and the corn syrup (36g sugar) = 104g sugar

130 gummies each with .8g sugar.

:chef: Both the bear size and the coin size are great for sublingual dosing. They dissolve in your mouth and easily fit under your tongue.

Next up - Sugar free (almost) Black Cherry Canna Gummies
Winner Wunner Chicken Dinner
Nice Job, I will have to try these soon myself
Have you try any to see what kind of dose you need?

Winner Wunner Chicken Dinner
Nice Job, I will have to try these soon myself
Have you try any to see what kind of dose you need?

Thank you!

These are pretty strong. :doc1:We have been sampling all day and doing the normal smoking and I think I've had enough for now :dizzy:.

Peach Gummies done in pictures
IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

Morning Rose
Question- When you are mixing your Jello into the 1/3 cup water is it boiling water?
or just room temp?

Canna Gummies using sugar free jello, 2 envelopes gelatin and 1/3 cup water

img_0145-jpg.1006689

Thank You STIGGY

Wow these are great recipes. I can’t wait to try them. I need to go easy on my lungs, and having these handy will let me dose when it’s not convenient to puff.

New to growing and edibles, do you have a go-to recipe you use to make the tincture itself?

Morning Rose
Question- When you are mixing your Jello into the 1/3 cup water is it boiling water?
or just room temp?

Thank You STIGGY

Room temperature and for at least 10 minutes to let the gelatin bloom.

Wow these are great recipes. I can’t wait to try them. I need to go easy on my lungs, and having these handy will let me dose when it’s not convenient to puff.

New to growing and edibles, do you have a go-to recipe you use to make the tincture itself?

There are several tincture recipes on here. Basically you decarb your cannabis, soak it in as high a proof food grade alcohol you can, then strain.
If you want a 'clean' tincture without the chlorophyll and waxes...freeze the cannabis and the alcohol before soaking, combine and freeze again then strain quickly.
A long room temperature alcohol soak will get just about everything out of your cannabis material...and has health benefits, but a nasty taste.

https://www.autoflower.org/forums/medicinal-cannabis-recipes-articles.67/
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/hash-oil-and-edibles.248/

Check out threads on tinctures...it's really an easy process one you do it a couple times.
If you need any help...just ask.
:chef:

Room temperature and for at least 10 minutes to let the gelatin bloom.

There are several tincture recipes on here. Basically you decarb your cannabis, soak it in as high a proof food grade alcohol you can, then strain.
If you want a 'clean' tincture without the chlorophyll and waxes...freeze the cannabis and the alcohol before soaking, combine and freeze again then strain quickly.
A long room temperature alcohol soak will get just about everything out of your cannabis material...and has health benefits, but a nasty taste.

https://www.autoflower.org/forums/medicinal-cannabis-recipes-articles.67/
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/hash-oil-and-edibles.248/

Check out threads on tinctures...it's really an easy process one you do it a couple times.
If you need any help...just ask.
:chef:
Awesome! Thanks Root!

I’m with you on this. My lungs need a break for sure and this sounds like a great option.

And an excellent write up @Root!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you know, I have some issues with a lot of things that can be ingested. Most things have too much sugar. OR, like with chocolate, it weighs me down, makes me lathargic, with the edibles. I mean it does this naturally because of the stuff that is in it. Using cocoa as a sleep remedy has been happening for eons.

So these Gummies are perfect. They don't weigh me down, and after two caps, I feel good, and not tired.

@Root @Mossy @Global Moderators

Back