Lighting rows of diodes not turning on completelly, why?

elcoloan

Still learning a lot!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Go-Go Auto, Bloody Skunk Auto, Cream Mandarine Auto, Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
hi friends
one of my led boards is failling. few rows dont light up completely. @Death The Cultivator or anyone know why this could be?
It's not so evident at 100% but dimmed bellow 50% is whwre is can be easilly seen.
anyinput is appreciated

PS brand is no longer in business so no way of asking them

5DCDD724-AE2C-4131-9A47-F405C891ABE9.jpeg
D413B6A7-DC7F-47BB-A600-6C9DB640AF1A.jpeg
7FFCD125-5629-47FD-AE2A-56B574984825.jpeg

ive got a few diodes out on my tsw2000 and only noticed it recently,, but going back threw my last grow thread i noticed it out back then too lol
Think im gona go and check how long its been like that now by veiwing my old threads.

The LEDs/rows are surely wired in parallel, not series, so all do not stop working if a single LED or circuit cuts out. That is, the working LEDs/rows should continue to perform as expected.

The overall loss of light output will be rather low, if only a few rows are out. But for me, multiple failing components suggests it's time to retire the light.

The LEDs/rows are surely wired in parallel, not series, so all do not stop working if a single LED or circuit cuts out. That is, the working LEDs/rows should continue to perform as expected.

The overall loss of light output will be rather low, if only a few rows are out. But for me, multiple failing components suggests it's time to retire the light.
my one been well used and abused with being on 24/7 for about 4 or 5 grows and being buried ina hole in te garden lol
mine aint out completly, still lighting up but lower brightness. about 5 Red Diodes only so not that bad,

ive got a few diodes out on my tsw2000 and only noticed it recently,, but going back threw my last grow thread i noticed it out back then too lol
Think im gona go and check how long its been like that now by veiwing my old threads.
just looked back at the unboxing thread were i turned it on after opening the box and low and behold.... the diodes were out since i got the thing lol dont know how i missed it lffs

mine aint out completly, still lighting up but lower brightness.
same here... they just turn off completely when the lsmp is dimmed low. im hoping it's just the dimmer thats failing but im having a hard time finding one here in my country

just looked back at the unboxing thread were i turned it on after opening the box and low and behold.... the diodes were out since i got the thing lol dont know how i missed it lffs
Wonder if i get a warrenty for a test product i got for free lol

So... jus t a little update.... I bought three new dimmers hoping the problem was the dimmer... doesn't seem to be the problem.
Still works as a seedling/clone light though. So not to much is lost.

Back