Auto Seeds Salt build up

Greenthumb89

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Please somebody help me in regards to a salt build up from 2 much nutrients so far I've tried dolmolite lime not really done much but could be a slow process but ideally need it gone ASAP ANY IDEAS?

You'd be better off putting this in the "infirmary" section.

Make a post there with the following info, and you'll get the answers you need!

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate:
night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics!

There’s an enzyme product called slf-100 that breaks down salts . I use it in my earthbox grows, I think Cascade is the manufacturers name

Info on the slf, I run it regularly. Use it to break down the calcium in the nute line I run. Would like to know why you think you have a salt buildup? Have had issues with high salts, but was from my water source, not the nutrients.
16115113207787998098741805075561.jpg
1611511331755369548582474890856.jpg

There’s an enzyme product called slf-100 that breaks down salts . I use it in my earthbox grows, I think Cascade is the manufacturers name
Well I seen salt on the very top of my soil and did a bit of research and what actually happened is some 1 told me after I had already sat n waited about 2 weeks in to tell me that there not actually 2 weeks old as they haven't even got there 1st set of leaves ....so kind of guessed that I had over nutuelised them as your not ment to feed them nutes with the Dutch pro soil kit for tje 1st or 2nd week as its all time tabled so am purely assuming It was a salt build up from the nutes as I do the ph everytime I water n feed nutes...and will it be OK to just use that stuff once or twice as it says use tje whole way through your grow?? And nice 1 for tje info m8

In a soil run it is normal to not feed anything the first several weeks. The soil itself has plenty of food for little ones.

Pics would really help here, they may be fine if you stop feeding and give just pH'd water for a while. Or it might be better to bin it and restart.

Most of us expect more out of the first couple weeks when we first start growing.... seems like they pop up and kinda just sit there a while... In reality, all the action is going on under the soil, building a rootzone to support the plant above. Sometimes the best option is to sit back and watch a bit.

Back