Seed Stockers Scotty's NFT Test grow of BCN Critical XXL

EvilScotsman

Eat,sleep,grow,repeat
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstockers AK420
Welcome one and all to my BCN hydro grow courtesy of the wonderful @Seedstockers_Mischa.

We all know Seedstockers strains get big and the BCN has a reputation of being up there with the best of them.
Conditions aren't ideal for me at the moment. Attic grow and it's Scottish snow season so anything could happen.
My first time growing during the winter and I'm already regretting it.
Not one to be phased though, I've got heaters for the reservoir so I think I should be good. It'll be a good test for the strains durability anyway.
I've got a few strains on already and some are reacting quite badly to the cold, others are thriving so we'll just have to wait and see.

Grow kit consists of..
Root riots
4 inch rock wools
Gt205 NFT table
1 x 130w big bulb cfl reflector
2 x 250w Mars 1st model 600s
Hopefully a 600w hps for the last few weeks
Nutrients by Dutch pro, growth technology and Canna
Ph & PPM meters

NFT for those who are unfamiliar, is a wonderful system. Nutrient Film Technique.
Basically the roots grow on a shelf In nothing but fresh air with a constant, very slow trickle of nutes running over them. The growth rates are hard to beat and it's a really simple system to use.

I popped my beans last night but didn't have time to update pics as gotta use my Mrs phone for that due to the 300 year old type writer im doing this on.
I'll get pics update later today and go through my start up process.

Feeding schedule will be given in PPM, I won't be doing itemised nutes for 2 reasons.
1, I'm using mixed nute brands so it won't really help anyone.
2, because I genuinely don't measure them. I'm a very precise feeder and get my ppm spot on but I just do it on instinct and free pour it.

All comments, questions and banter are always welcome but this is a showcase thread so if we can watch the language and try not to get too sidetracked it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by folks I'll be back soon.

pic needed for battle thread

Back