New Grower Second Grow - Mephisto - Jean-o

Hey guys, I grabbed some more happy frog and pro mix. I'm waiting for the last two plants to sprout. I guess the earlier soil was too hot tbh
now I just need to feed and water em properly

IMG_6505.jpg
IMG_6507.jpg
IMG_6519.jpg
IMG_6511.jpg
IMG_6510.jpg
IMG_6509.jpg
IMG_6508.jpg
IMG_6516.jpg
IMG_6514.jpg
IMG_6513.jpg
IMG_6512.jpg

the seedlings have popped out of the soil and, everything is looking great PAR is 250 tap water only. don't forget that I did redo the soil so this time around it's just 60-70%happy frog 20-30%pro mix hp and 10% harvest hero enhanced perlite/ de mix. I put all of the old soil around the flower garden by my house and they seem to love it.

I'll be adding all of the other stuff later on when it's time to feed. I have some Gaia Green 2-8-4, worm castings and some DTE products incase the plants need more phosphorous and langbeinite

IMG_6533.jpg
IMG_6532.jpg
IMG_6539.jpg
IMG_6540.jpg
IMG_6531.jpg
IMG_6538.jpg
IMG_6537.jpg
IMG_6536.jpg
IMG_6534.jpg
IMG_6535.jpg
IMG_6530.jpg
IMG_6528.jpg
IMG_6529.jpg
IMG_6527.jpg

rwolf.gif

So far ,so good.....Three of em are a little behind but let's see what happens. Going to water the pots completely soon. They aren't so heavy

IMG_6578.jpg
IMG_6590.jpg
IMG_6591.jpg
IMG_6579.jpg
IMG_6589.jpg
IMG_6588.jpg
IMG_6587.jpg
IMG_6586.jpg
IMG_6585.jpg
IMG_6584.jpg
IMG_6583.jpg
IMG_6582.jpg
IMG_6581.jpg
IMG_6580.jpg

on the second or third day the sprout legit just died.
Hey RedWolfDiesel,
Just found the thread should be a fun grow! Not sure if you looked up a condition called damping off but I think that’s what happened to the seedling that died earlier in the thread. Your other seedling shots show the seedlings pretty drenched from mist spraying which is how I think you are watering, getting wet like this will encourage damping off. I think watering in general may be to blame for the slow starters too, those edges look pretty dry. Somewhere on forum is a watering tutorial but I can’t find it. Maybe someone will have a link. In general spray watering will lead to dry pockets further down in the soil if relied upon too much. Watering is an art in pots
ED3F17D7-6045-45EB-8C68-3852511AB657.gif
Keep it Lit

Hey RedWolfDiesel,
Just found the thread should be a fun grow! Not sure if you looked up a condition called damping off but I think that’s what happened to the seedling that died earlier in the thread. Your other seedling shots show the seedlings pretty drenched from mist spraying which is how I think you are watering, getting wet like this will encourage damping off. I think watering in general may be to blame for the slow starters too, those edges look pretty dry. Somewhere on forum is a watering tutorial but I can’t find it. Maybe someone will have a link. In general spray watering will lead to dry pockets further down in the soil if relied upon too much. Watering is an art in pots
View attachment 1642239Keep it Lit

Yeah I noticed that it looked like the damping off pictures I've seen before. So I figured it was either too much water or the bacteria/fungi ratio was off in the soil. My first grow I under watered my plants but they were able to bounce back once I made some adjustments. . a day or two ago I realized that the edges of the pot were kinda drying out, so I made sure to water evenly this time.Watering properly is def a goal that I want to focus on this time around, thanks for checking out my journal

It's day 14 or 15 for the majority of the plants. yesterday I Fed them and watered them completely. some look a bit weird but this time I'm not going to chuck em out just gonna see what happens lol.
feeding Gaia green 284 mixed with some more nitrogen also adding fungi and microbes, PAR = 350 Temps have been hovering around 70F vpd chart looks good. this week ill give em fungi next week ill give em something else.

Gaia Green 2-8-4 3tbsp
Fish Meal 8-6-0 1tbsp
Bat Guano 7-3-1 1tbsp
Crab Meal 4-3-0 1tbsp
Kelp Meal 1-0.1-2 1tbsp

earth worm castings
great white Mycorrhizae
Yucca
Recharge
perlite de mix

IMG_6634.jpg
IMG_6635.jpg
IMG_6638.jpg
IMG_6637.jpg
IMG_6639.jpg
IMG_6636.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg
IMG_6647.jpg
IMG_6646.jpg
IMG_6645.jpg
IMG_6644.jpg
IMG_6643.jpg
IMG_6642.jpg
IMG_6641.jpg

Hey guys, wanted to update everyone on my tents. so I decided to get rid of a bunch of plants that were looking either really stunted or just had way too many yellow and brown spots, Now I redid the pots on one of my tents and I'm using megacrop/sweet candy/ bud explosion again and really try to dial it in.

I fed the remaining plants for the 2nd time on the 14th when they were all 21 days old
Gaia Green Power Bloom 2-8-4 - 3 tbsp
1tbsp each of
Bat Guano 9-3-1
Fish Meal 8-6-0
Crab Meal 4-3-0
Kelp Meal 1-0.1 -2
ewc 1 cup

1tsp of
yucca
recharge
bokashi
water ph6.6

day 27 left tent.jpg

Today they are all 27 days old and honestly for my 2nd grow achieving this feels like an accomplishment even if I fucked up a lot I look at it as an opportunity to gain knowledge. Trial by fire. two of the plants have started to show some spots and I'm wondering if it's a lack of calcium after reviewing a bunch of pictures . I think I'm going to give them some cal-mag+ on the next watering to see if it helps. Also I'm going to dial back the nitrogen and focus on more P and K. I have some EM-1 and fish sh!t that I'll be trying and hopefully those microbes can help out. I've been keeping the top soil moist with my sprayer filled with yucca water until the next watering.

Now for the other tent, I pretty much set it up just like the second tent on the first grow and used, 3gal fabric pots, promix hp only.
Megacrop and sweet candy at first with every watering then bud explosion at flower.....
4L Water
80% strength
Megacrop- 1.69g
Sweet Candy- .84g
calmag+ 1ml
Recharge 1tsp
Didn't need to PH this water because it came out to a 6.5 after mixing everything together

I watered all of the pots with this mix until run off, then I added the seeds 1 fingernail deep along with a ring of clover seeds along the edge. Today I believe is day 1 for pretty much all of them. Two of them needed help removing their seed shells. Lights 250 par and 24" away. Temps are around 75 and RH is 40%. I Keep the top soil moist every 24 hours with a bit of yucca water until they get their next feeding. I want to really try harder on feeding my megacrop plants properly because during my first grow I felt like I underfed them when they started to yellow and it spread like crazy and def effected the yield.

Left row front to back - 3BOG, SNXFS, FS Mid is SS, and right row - Straw Dog, Wheres my dog and Blue Dog.
So one tent will be running gaia green along with any DTE products I have left and the other tent will be using Greenleaf nutrients.
Thanks for following along, and feel free to give any advice feedback and thoughts.

day 1 right tent.jpg

@chuckeye I'm using megacrop bro, follow along cuz I may need some help lol

@chuckeye I'm using megacrop bro, follow along cuz I may need some help lol
;)

Easy on the water for about the first month, slowly increasing to slight run off, I like to see a three to four day dry before the next feed/water.

While watching how green the leaves are, I mostly follow feeding weights/gallon on their schedule. Slight yellowing on the bottom leaves, up the nutrients by .5g/gallon. If you test ppm's I keep it under 1000 for mid to late flower.

This is a Six Shooter Auto on day 115 in a 5 gallon SIP with ProMix HP and currently on 5.5g/gallon of Mega Crop one part !

The top has been snipped once (bud back building)....

Day 115 SS bud top 13 Nov 2023.jpg

Good luck with your grow !

Cheers

Back