New Grower Shady's Micro Grove: Twisted Trees, Aliens, and Nectar. First Journal, Second Grow.

Intro & Day 0

ShadyGrove

I am at home among trees
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pina Colada
Welcome to The Grove!

This is my second grow, but my first AFN grow journal! I was lurking here for a while, so I decided to make an account near the end of my first grow, and here we are. So come and hang out with me on this grow. :smoking:

Summary of my first here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mosca-seeds.82196/post-2431343

Setup
Here's my setup this time:
*Tent*: 20x20x48
*Plants*: Twisted Tree Alien Moonrocks (AMR) and Twisted Menagerie (TM) in 3gal fabric pots
*Light*: BudgetLED Series 3+ Full Spec 130
*Nutrients*: Nectar for the Gods
*Soil*: Reused Nectar for the Gods #4
*Soil Amendments (added to 5 gallons of soil)*:
4-5 cups EWC (local)
4-5 cups Compost (Malibu Bu's Blend)
1/2 cup BioChar (GreenGro Earthshine)
4 cups pumice/lava rock mix
1 cup NFTG One Shot
3tbsp DTE Garden Lime
*Microbes etc*: SLF100, Cultured Biologix Teas & Foliar, Microbe Life Photosynthesis+, Fish Sh!t, Big Foot Granular Myco

Strains
I was actually planning to grow Alien Moonrocks for my first grow, but the shipment got very delayed due to USPS, so I ended up picking some Mosca Pina Colada seeds locally and grew those instead. I eventually got the AMR seeds about a week after the Pina Coladas had popped up from the ground.

This time, I decided to pick up a pack of Twisted Menagerie (from https://greengrassseeds.com/) to go along with the AMR because they both have Alien OG as a parent, so I am hoping they will react to nutrients relatively the same.

They will be in 2x 3 gallon pots, hopefully I don't run out of room!

Soil
I am re-using approx 5 gallons worth of NFTG #4 soil from my last grow. It was placed in a tote, amended with One Shot, EWC, compost, and biochar in the amounts listed above, and sat for a month. I watered it about 2 or 3 times with SLF100. The pH after a month was sitting around 5.8-5.9, so I added some Garden Lime to raise it up a little bit before putting it in the new pots. I also added a mixture of pumice and lava rocks for extra aeration.

I then put that soil into the 3 gallon pots, topped it off with fresh #4 soil, and did a pre-planting flush with Herculean Harvest (bonemeal), Hygeia Hydration (yucca), and Olympus Up (limestone), and let it sit in the tent with the lights on to dry it out and warm it up a little bit for a couple days before putting the seeds in.

I am not 100% sure what my final slurry test numbers are, because my PPM meter died right as I was taking the final slurry test! It was around 900-1000ppm before I put it in the pots, added fresh soil, and did the flush. The final pH is 6.6 though, so that is right in the sweet spot.

Feeding
I got sample packs of Nectar for the Gods and Cultured Biologix products for my first run, I liked the results of my first grow and I still have a bit left of both, so I will continue using them. I also bought Big Foot Granular Mycos, and got a sample of Fish Sh!t, so I will start using those as well. I am using something between the Spartan and Greek Regimens (https://www.oregonsonly.com/howto/) with a Feed - Feed - Tea - Feed - Feed - Flush/Tea schedule (flush or tea depending on slurry test and/or how things look).

I also plan to foliar feed more consistently this time, and add kelp to my recipe, which will now be: Dr. Growth, Ful-Power (fulvic acid), Posiedonzime (kelp), and Photo+,

The biggest difference (and potential issue) this grow, is that I am going to be away for at least one or two long weekends during it, so I got a Blumat system to water while I'm out of town. Hopefully that along with some extra One Shot will keep things happy.

Lighting
I bought the BudgetLED near the end of my first run, so this will be the first time using it for the entire grow. Last time, I used a Mars Hydro TS1000. I will also try out a 20/4 light cycle this time, used 18/6 last time.

The highest I can get the light is 29-30" from the top of the soil. It will most likely stay there for the whole grow.

Log
Day 0: Germination
Placed seeds in shot glasses filled with distilled water and a splash of Zeus Juice and SLF100. Both the kelp and fulvic/humic acids in Zeus Juice, and the enzymes in SLF100, are supposed to help germination.

Put glasses under a bowl inside the tent with the lights on. Temp under the bowl is 78-79F.

After 30 hours, amend 1 tsp of Big Foot around planting area, and put seeds in the soil. AMR had a tiny little crack, TM had the root just coming out.

Carefully place in the soil and spray pH 6.5ish water on it. Place clear plastic cups sprayed with water over planting sites. I also placed a piece of paper over the cup to diffuse some of the light, as I have my light going at full blast to raise the temps. Once they sprout I will dim it to around 50%.

Environment:
80F
60-70rh

Now we wait... :cool1:

germination-shotglass.jpg
germination-soil.jpg

@MadWolf @JohnnyWeedSeed @elcoloan

Oh freaking awesome. This blows me out of the water. Very professional. Can't wait to see you take off!

I’m here for the ride! :smoking:

Glad to have you along!

Oh freaking awesome. This blows me out of the water. Very professional. Can't wait to see you take off!

I am far from professional my friend, but thank you! I was just preparing for this grow the entirety of my last one.

Glad to have you along!

I am far from professional my friend, but thank you! I was just preparing for this grow the entirety of my last one.
Lol well compared to mine, its top notch. With all the info. Made me want to start mine over. I just had a picture of a seedling

Nice another NFTG run! I have their sample kit and am thinking of trying it on my next one. I'll be paying close attention to how you do things.

Lol well compared to mine, its top notch. With all the info. Made me want to start mine over. I just had a picture of a seedling

Ha this is basically a cleaned up version of the personal journal I've been keeping, I've got a big fancy text file (org mode in Emacs for all you programmers out there) where I am keeping everything for my grows. I've kind of been nerding out over this stuff if you couldn't tell...

Nice another NFTG run! I have their sample kit and am thinking of trying it on my next one. I'll be paying close attention to how you do things.

Fellow nectarfam! I am really like the nutrient line so far, I've read over the "Unofficial Nectar Bible" a few times, watched a bunch of the OCGFam videos, and found some good recipes on instagram. I'll probably make a post about what I'm using and why at some point.

I don't mind which type of soil you use... I'm in. :pop:
Very curious how this will turn out :goodluck:

I'm pulling up a chair! Both my AMR and TM are above ground now. I challenge you to a friendly grow off with these two plants!
I am in! Hoping mine will show their faces soon, its been about 2 days in the soil now. Should be interesting seeing how different our plants grow!

I don't mind which type of soil you use... I'm in. :pop:
Very curious how this will turn out :goodluck:

Welcome aboard! :toke:

I am curious as well :rofl:

Back