She's gone Hermie! (I think)

tronN00dles

"tron"
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cheese XXL by Dinafem
Hey all,

I'm currently on week 9 of a Northern Lights auto. This is my first grow and I'm afraid she's gone hermie. I've definitely stressed out the plant a fair bit as follows:

1. Way too much light during seedling stage stunted it's height considerably
2. Too many nutrients (used full strength nutes ever since week 3), I think she's currently undergoing nutrient lockout due to yellowing/browning of upper leaves. I have started her on plain water for now to hopefully help this along.

Anyway, the buds were looking okay all things considered (at least looking down at her). However, I just pulled it out of the tent and looked up and noticed she is full of what appear to be pollen sacks. Can someone confirm these are indeed pollen sacks and what my best course of action is at this point?

Here's the (relatively) healthy looking main cola and the plant:
1589644947003.png
1589645002857.png
1589645284411.png

And here's what I assume to be pollen sacks closer to the bottom of the plant:

1589645070367.png
1589645112647.png
1589645144452.png

As you can see, I plucked a few off in an impulse decision. Not sure if that was a good idea or not.

What do I do? I was hoping to start flushing within the next week or so, but I guess this changes everything. I should note that I did some defoliation of the lower leaves during the pre-flowering stage, and what I'm calling pollen sacks (if that's what they are) seem so be showing up at alot of my cut points.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

tronN00dles

Those arent pollen sacs....those are the female calyx that get pollinated from a male. Leave them on!

Those arent pollen sacs....those are the female calyx that get pollinated from a male. Leave them on!

Whew. Thanks. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage removing the few that I did.

Cheers,

tron

Whew. Thanks. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage removing the few that I did.

Cheers,

tron

I'm sure it'll be fine. Male sacs do not have little white hairs coming out of them. Also male pollen sacs will usually be in a little clump like grapes

I'm not seeing any pollinated bracts. Those are bracts (calyx) that showed up first at the base of the stem when the plant was first expressing sex. They're just older than the main cola bracts and far more developed. There is nothing wrong with your plant, no worries.

I'm in week 9 or 10 with my Northern Lights and it too has these. She's just telling you she ripe and ready to be nailed so to speak!
:dancer: :woody:

It's quite arousing isn't it???

Back