Photoperiod Should i pick n mix?

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a question and would like to hear your personal opinions, i have a project coming up ina few months and will be growing some photos, ill be looking specifically for keeper plants to serve as mothers for the future, right now my problem is deciding on the strains to grow, ik that best choice for finding a keeper pheno is grow a lot of seeds from one strain & i would do that if i had the budget for it, but what if i pick n mix like 20 different strains n hope to find some keeper phenos? where do you guys think you'll have better rates of finding keeper phenos, growing like 10 of 2 different strains 20 of 1 or like 20 totally different strains?

Certain companies take pride in knowing they have keepers in not just one in every pack but a keeper plant in damn near every seed. Buy from the right companies and you wont be disappointed! Do a ton of research then pick and mix!
Photo Companies I think are superb:
Dutch Passion
DNA Genetics
Sweet Seeds (haven't grown any out personally but they sure do have some fantastic grows around!)

Hope that helps a little bit!

Certain companies take pride in knowing they have keepers in not just one in every pack but a keeper plant in damn near every seed. Buy from the right companies and you wont be disappointed! Do a ton of research then pick and mix!
Photo Companies I think are superb:
Dutch Passion
DNA Genetics
Sweet Seeds (haven't grown any out personally but they sure do have some fantastic grows around!)

Hope that helps a little bit!
Yeah I would have to agree. Some strains/breeders are going to be better than just good. If you can do 1x20 different strains, I think it would benefit you later.
Some breeders I like on top of ^above mentioned^ are:
-Rare Dankness (fem and reg seeds, so 1xea may not work pending males) I personally love these guys.
-Humboldt Seed Organization (mainly fem, they also have a small selection of regular seeds too if pollen interest you)I heard they recently where aquired by Dinafem, I'm not 100% sure.
-Ace Seeds has a great selection of landrace genetics, and some great documented grows. (some >>GREAT<< fem crosses) If sativas are what you want, I would suggest looking here for a few.
-Cannabiogen is also a good choice for landrace genetics.
-DNA, to add to this, GYO by DNA, DNA Limited, Crocket Family Farms, and Reserva Privada are all connected, and great choices with many award winners. (Tangie)

This is a Purple haze x Malawi (killer pheno) by Ace with a 13-15 week flowering, and 100% sativa.
http://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/feminized/purplehazemalawifem.html
ace-purple-haze-x-malawi-feminised-seeds_500.jpg

I'd like to see a journal of 20 strains hunting for moms. How many moms are you looking to keep? Take care bud.:smoking:

If your looking for keepers I would definitely pick and mix. I have had great success and grown strains I normally would not have chose doing this. Get a diverse mix though. Don't go all kush, haze or something.

Thanks guys for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry i didnt reply sooner i didnt have a phone for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back