New Grower Simplistic grow->Fast buds Gorilla Cookies and Green Crack auto

Reaction score
Oversimplistic grow.2x plants. No grow tent,no ventilations just a spare room with a lamp hanging above the plants and a fan blowing on the lamp.
250W MH for the seedlings distance from the plants is about 15 inches. Will upgrade to 400W after a week and then to 600W HPS.
Using 5 gallon smartpots. Biobizz lightmix soil. For the nutrients i have already prewatered the soil with 3L of water and a few drops of biobizz rootjuice. After 2 weeks i will introduce slightly some fish mix and biogrow.For later bloom i will use biobloom and topmax. Room temperatures are 20-24C. I will try also some LST later on.Germinated in pellets and after 5 days they got out of soil.This is day 2 after they got out of soil.19/5 Light schedule.

Attachments

• 20220126_110313.jpg
    20220126_110313.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20220126_110318.jpg
    20220126_110318.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20220126_110548.jpg
    20220126_110548.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hoping to just get something smokeable from these plants. Not my very first grow but i have failed with my previous ones due to overfeeding,overwatering and maybe early harvesting.Hoping my luck changes this time. Any advice welcome

@swantip :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Let me just start with a basic tip on watering. Get an air gap under the pots to prevent anaerobic Microbes.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

:goodluck:

This seems to be my biggest fear so far, when and how much to water,and its the reason why i probably messed up my previews grows. Can you give me a rough estimate on how much water should i give those seedlings in those 5gal pots? Like, is an 1.5L bottle of water too much for the entire pot when it is about to dry out?

Hoping to just get something smokeable from these plants. Not my very first grow but i have failed with my previous ones due to overfeeding,overwatering and maybe early harvesting.Hoping my luck changes this time. Any advice welcome
I'm more than a year in and have yet to get a harvest I'm really stoked about. Early harvesting is my problem and I'm determined to make it a thing of the past.

I can't really recommend on water because in my climate overwatering isn't a worry. But I have observed that seedlings can thrive with a lot less water than you'd think.

I just put a seedling in a five gallon pot and gave it a quart of water a few days ago. Since then I've been giving it a cup or so of water per day, with the expectation that it's enough to spread out beyond the roots without getting the whole pot wet.

Could someone tell me if this feeding schedule is relevant and accurate for autos? i have the first 5 products root juice to top-max..

Attachments

• bcvtTGg.png
    bcvtTGg.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 22
Day 15 update. Upgraded to 400w MH. There was some taco-ing on some leaves so i raised the lamp a bit higher.Now its about 16-17 inches above the plants. Watered with 1.5L of water each plant which seems to be a lot,for now.Green Crack drooped a bit more than usual last night.Its kinda hard to nail the watering in these big pots at this stage.Well we live and we learn. Still no feeding,i will introduce slightly some biogrow ,fishmix and bioheaven with next watering just a few drops each.

Attachments

• 20220207_120819.jpg
    20220207_120819.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220207_120839.jpg
    20220207_120839.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 20220207_120903.jpg
    20220207_120903.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Help! is this the start of calmag deficiency?or is it a light burn?i used to spray the bottom of the plants and there were some droplets on the leaves with the lights on..

Attachments

• 20220211_163239.jpg
    20220211_163239.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 20220211_163253.jpg
    20220211_163253.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 24
Help! is this the start of calmag deficiency?or is it a light burn?i used to spray the bottom of the plants and there were some droplets on the leaves with the lights on..
Hello looks like you got some water on them i would have thought to early for cal deff in bio bizz light as thats got enough food in for first 3 weeks then you need to start feeding with your nutes. :smoking: :smoking:

Back