Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Specs:
240w Kingbrite
Ecothrive Coco Lite
16L fabric pots
5 Forbidden Runtz Autos by Fastbuds.
Area - 2x4

So i usually grow in soil, and never once had a germination issue with firing the seed into the soil, watering the soil a little and awaiting a couple days for the seed to pop. No paper towel method etc.

So I've been using Ecothrive Coco Lite for my first coco run and I've put the seed into the coco with a light watering and 3 seeds never sprouted doing this.

Only 2 out of 5 have sprouted. One popped within 2 days, the other popped in 3 days. I have another seed (the 3rd out of 5) and its not popped yet. Its been 3 days so hoping it pops tomorrow.

11 day old seedling has much much more growth than the 10 day seedling. Its really like night and day difference.

I am sure I have not over watered based on watching growers like Grow Pot Cheaply and so on. If anything, they've added more water to the seedlings.

Please see my two seedlings below.

Attachments

• 20210511_230157.jpg
    20210511_230157.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20210511_230143.jpg
    20210511_230143.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: EP3
Your seedlings look fine? Coco may drain and dry too fast for good germination alone. Many coco growers will use a 1/2 cup of seed starter mix placed in a hole of the coco to start seeds in or a root riot or similar.

Your seedlings look fine? Coco may drain and dry too fast for good germination alone. Many coco growers will use a 1/2 cup of seed starter mix placed in a hole of the coco to start seeds in or a root riot or similar.
For 10 days old that seedling is tiny compared to the 11 days old. Just a tad odd that they aren't growing at a similar rate. The 10 day old seedling looks at least 3 or 4 days behind. I actually have some soil at the top on my other pot, the pot that the other 2 seeds failed to germinate in. I just hope my 3rd final seed pops tomorrow

For 10 days old that seedling is tiny compared to the 11 days old. Just a tad odd that they aren't growing at a similar rate. The 10 day old seedling looks at least 3 or 4 days behind. I actually have some soil at the top on my other pot, the pot that the other 2 seeds failed to germinate in. I just hope my 3rd final seed pops tomorrow
No two seeds are the same. "it is like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get?".

No two seeds are the same. "it is like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get?".
That is true brother. They are unique like every other living organism. I'm more than likely just paranoid because I've never used coco before. Thanks for your input

These are one day apart. Surely this ain't right for the one a day behind. 16 and 17 days old. The 16 day old is barely even on its first set of true leaves yet. Only been feeding ph water because my 50L coco comes with 1L of ecothrive charge. Both are the same strain

20210518_163623.jpg20210518_163613.jpg

These are one day apart. Surely this ain't right for the one a day behind. 16 and 17 days old. The 16 day old is barely even on its first set of true leaves yet. Only been feeding ph water because my 50L coco comes with 1L of ecothrive charge. Both are the same strain

View attachment 1319580View attachment 1319581
Hey bud, I been using eco thrive lite on my first grow, I started with 2 but had the same problem, I had to let one go, but the remaining plant took off. I just fed plain ph water until She was ready for feeding. I would say genetics played a bigger part. Quite a few are using eco thrive and I’ve not heard anything negative about it yet. I would personally keep her going until she gives up herself, if anything you will gain some knowledge for the future . That’s not a bad thing. Good luck bud and stick around.

Hey bud, I been using eco thrive lite on my first grow, I started with 2 but had the same problem, I had to let one go, but the remaining plant took off. I just fed plain ph water until She was ready for feeding. I would say genetics played a bigger part. Quite a few are using eco thrive and I’ve not heard anything negative about it yet. I would personally keep her going until she gives up herself, if anything you will gain some knowledge for the future . That’s not a bad thing. Good luck bud and stick around.

She is doing ok. But for some reason even the seedlings aren't too happy with this medium. There is either too much charge in it, or the ph is funny. I'll have to pop another 2 seeds. Gonna try 11L pots to make sure there is no over watering. 16L pots are easier to overwater

I use 5 gallon root pouch, and she gets 5 litres a day with 1.5l run off give or take. I can’t always be up in my loft so a larger pot stays wetter for longer. You can’t really over water with coco as long as your getting run off. Plenty of friendly people on here with a lot more experience than me, who will also be happy to help you out.

I use 5 gallon root pouch, and she gets 5 litres a day with 1.5l run off give or take. I can’t always be up in my loft so a larger pot stays wetter for longer. You can’t really over water with coco as long as your getting run off. Plenty of friendly people on here with a lot more experience than me, who will also be happy to help you out.
Im use to growing monsters in soil. However, im not doing it to run off right now because they are still young and their root system isn't completely established yet. So it would just drown the roots. Were u feeding to run off as seedlings? Well, my biggest is 3 weeks old now. Did you also begin feeding at an early stage with ecothrive btw? They come packed with slow release nutrients so ive been feeding water until my Advanced Nutrients arrive tomorrow or so.

Back